BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So for those in the legal circles, how you do rate Kean's claims of 'constructive dismissal'? Does he have a leg to stand on?

That's an interesting question. "Constructive Dismissal" was defined by Lord Denning as (excuse me if I inaccurately paraphrase here) "when the employee feels that the employer has fundimentally undermined the contract of employment" The employee then may put in a claim for constructive unfair dismissal.

I'd put forward the arguement that "Kean Out" was dismissed on the grounds of competancy.

Of course his contract of employment may give him a far better financial compensation package that the statutory one he would be entitled to.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9983374._/

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this. Dunny implies some very interesting points about Kean's regime. It highlights what an absolute shambles he turned this club into. Unfit players and good staff jumping ship (Or even worse, being pushed). I thought Dunny was part of the pro-Kean camp last year. Seems starnge he'd be the first to come out and openly criticise the old regime.

http://www.lancashir...ball/9983374._/

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this. Dunny implies some very interesting points about Kean's regime. It highlights what an absolute shambles he turned this club into. Unfit players and good staff jumping ship (Or even worse, being pushed). I thought Dunny was part of the pro-Kean camp last year. Seems starnge he'd be the first to come out and openly criticise the old regime.

Well certain comments in that piece back up what a lot of Rovers fans have been saying for nigh on two years - the players simply are not fit enough. We don't need Prozone and stupid analysis to tell us that, the evidence was before our eyes every Saturday. From Dunn's perspective I have no sympathy for him. Only 12 months ago he did his infamous 'get real' article and for me burnt a lot of bridges. There was a story that Kean was helping him get his coaching badges. He should be part of the rubbish swept away by a new broom in the near future in my opinion.

This looks like a defensive salvo in the potential constructive dismissal case.

Dunny's talking about a loan move but didn't he sign a contract recently giving him more of a coaching role?

Can't see Kean walking into another job - management or coaching wise. It was all well n' good everyone singing his praises when he wasn't their problem. The guy's damaged goods and now he's just looking for one more payday out of Rovers.

Pretty obvious that after going over to the dark side Dunny fell out with Kean once the equally pedestrian but nowhere near as skillful Murphy came into replace him. Maybe if Dunny had allowed his salary to be skimmed via wheels within wheels agency fees they might not have gone for Murphy in the first place.

Officially he won't be. If he manages to sue Rovers for constructive dismissal then it officially wipes his slate clean and proves that his managerial affairs were meddled with. Regardless of what I think of Kean I highly suspect they were meddled with. Kind of annoying because, if he was left to his own devices, he'd have screwed up on away, that's for sure.

"Officially", but others will think twice before giving him a job if he's the sort to turn around and sue. No employer wants that kind of liability.

And, of course, there's the drink driving charges and Allardyce suing him for libel. Steve Kean's CV does not look healthy after his spell here, platitudes from the media notwithstanding.

Maybe we as Rovers supporters could send round a dossier on Kean to the Chairman of every Football League cup making sure every stain on his record is there in writing infront of them...

Apart from Burnley, Bolton and PNE.

So for those in the legal circles, how you do rate Kean's claims of 'constructive dismissal'? Does he have a leg to stand on?

This clown has already made a killing by impersonating a football manager for two years, I'd hate to see him weaseling more money out of the club.

I'm not in "the legal circles" but "constructive dismissal" is generally where the employer has "fundimentally undermined" the contract of employment and the employee resigns. Maybe Coco will put in a claim for constructive dismissal. I'd pay good money to see that particular Employment Tribunal case. If UK legal juristiction extends to Pune

Officially he won't be. If he manages to sue Rovers for constructive dismissal then it officially wipes his slate clean and proves that his managerial affairs were meddled with. Regardless of what I think of Kean I highly suspect they were meddled with. Kind of annoying because, if he was left to his own devices, he'd have screwed up on away, that's for sure.

"Officially", but others will think twice before giving him a job if he's the sort to turn around and sue. No employer wants that kind of liability.

And, of course, there's the drink driving charges and Allardyce suing him for libel. Steve Kean's CV does not look healthy after his spell here, platitudes from the media notwithstanding.

I'm not in "the legal circles" but "constructive dismissal" is generally where the employer has "fundimentally undermined" the contract of employment and the employee resigns. Maybe Coco will put in a claim for constructive dismissal. I'd pay good money to see that particular Employment Tribunal case. If UK legal juristiction extends to Pune

He has not got a leg to stand on.

The directors of a company give managers targets and direction, all his targets not meet and going in the wrong direction! end off, no one will touch him in this country.

Football development in India is his best bet

It is rather obvious - to me at least - that Kean happily worked under crazy restrictions for two years. Not once in this period did he ever suggest that there was a problem. For him to claim now that he somehow had control wrested from his clutching hands is laughable.

It is rather obvious - to me at least - that Kean happily worked under crazy restrictions for two years. Not once in this period did he ever suggest that there was a problem. For him to claim now that he somehow had control wrested from his clutching hands is laughable.

Correct, all we ever got from coco was how positive the world was

No way on earth can he win a case.

Rovers only need to show the HK video and say that resulted in threats of legal action and Kean's case would be thrown out.

No way on earth can he win a case.

Rovers only need to show the HK video and say that resulted in threats of legal action and Kean's case would be thrown out.

Especially as the club stood by him during this period, and on the pitch we were in freefall. Would have been a good excuse to fire him without compensation then.

Archived