BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite amusing, I was on the road and listening to a sports station as it was announced and the subsequent discussion about potential new managers - and the presenters & callers must have gone through every Scottish bloke on the planet...with the exception of ol' Baldy :lol:

Quite amusing, I was on the road and listening to a sports station as it was announced and the subsequent discussion about potential new managers - and the presenters & callers must have gone through every Scottish bloke on the planet...with the exception of ol' Baldy :lol:

Get out of town! He did a remarkable job at Rovers under the circumstances. Harangued week after week by a bunch of a flat-cap wearing Northern troglodytes. How he kept himself on that touchline when Venky's were only paying him a paltry 1.3m pa, I will never know. He's the man who put the 'd' in dignity, for crying out loud! There's no way any club or country on the planet will pass up the opportunity of the Kean Machine.

:lol:

I just pictured Slaphead huddled over his wireless, waiting for the mention of his name with regards to his employment...only to see his hopes slowly fading away, as the realisation that he'll never manage again hits him.

Does Charlie Nicholas write in any newspaper? Would love to see his list of candidates for the Scotland job, obviously with his mate baldy at the top of it.

I think not.

Does he feature in any, betting lists for any of the current vacancies?

All the pundits know full well that he is a total to$$er, they just hate everything Rovers.

Does Charlie Nicholas write in any newspaper? Would love to see his list of candidates for the Scotland job, obviously with his mate baldy at the top of it.

I think not.

Does he feature in any, betting lists for any of the current vacancies?

All the pundits know full well that he is a total to$$er, they just hate everything Rovers.

Last friday was quoted at 25-1 for donkey lashers job

I think it's going to be a recurring theme.

Lots of people vocal in their support for him whilst he was wrecking our club from the inside, but I don't see Moyes, Ferguson and co offering him a job at their clubs now.

He won't work as a manager again.

Hell, he won't be taken seriously as a person ever again.

I was going to say exactly the same thing. They were even talking about Redknapp or Venables for the job and didnt mention Stevie

We should be quite angry about that really. The media tried to make out he was good.

Dont think they are too kind on giving ex Celtic men the Scottish national managers job.

Since the 60s, Malky MacDonald, Tommy Docherty, Jock Stein and Tommy Burns have all managed Scotland and they're all ex-Celts. Back in the day it was Celtic players who didn't get picked, not the managers.

And Strachan is the favourite at the moment.

I was playing Football Manager on my laptop last night and was offered the Scotland manager's job.

I declined the offer as it's a horrible squad with no future.

Then, once I'd put the phone down, I carried on playing Football Manager.

:)

Some crackers in here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-kean-20-damning-quotes-823871

Including:

“We've had monumental results this season, including back-to-back clean sheets"

“Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine.”

Some crackers in here:

http://www.mirror.co...g-quotes-823871

Including:

“We've had monumental results this season, including back-to-back clean sheets"

“Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine.”

The last one is a classic: Steve said: “All the pundits are wrong and I'm right.”

:lol: I don't remember him saying that one.

The last one is a classic: Steve said: “All the pundits are wrong and I'm right.”

:lol: I don't remember him saying that one.

I think it was after we bombarded the spurs goal.the press said we didn't get a shot on target.

Since the 60s, Malky MacDonald, Tommy Docherty, Jock Stein and Tommy Burns have all managed Scotland and they're all ex-Celts. Back in the day it was Celtic players who didn't get picked, not the managers.

And Strachan is the favourite at the moment.

Four in what nearly fifty years.

Well there's only been 15 in that time.

So 11 left, 10 and a German.

And 4 with Rangers connections.....from that you can't say ex-Celts aren't considered from the job when there's just as many as Rangers and I presume more than any other team.

Is being considered for the Scotland job the same as having paroll rescinded?

Can't understand why Keans not been offered another job, most the media/football fraternity loved him, thought he was doing a good job under the circumstances, yet he's not even had a sniff of further employment, strange that :rock:

Archived