BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When exactly did Sam take legal action, though? A few weeks ago? Or before then? :unsure:

It was rumoured some months ago shortly after the HK video appeared. I think we can confidently assume its now been quietly buried beneath a pile of cash.

Funny seeing Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports criticizing Craig Levein as Scotland manager. What a hypocrite.

He's now just been asked if there's a better man for the job. Funnily enough no mention of his mate Steve.

Says he's not impressed by the young managers coming up.

It's weird. Nothing appears to have changed much since he's left aside from the results. Could it be that we were better off (in terms of getting promotion this season and taking out moral qualms etc) with him?

Kean right off

It's weird. Nothing appears to have changed much since he's left aside from the results. Could it be that we were better off (in terms of getting promotion this season and taking out moral qualms etc) with him?

I don't think so, it was obvious we were about to come off the rails under Kean. Take into account the games we pulled out of the bag at the death then the Boro result and performance we were only going one way. Black has changed very very little apart from tightening up the middle so it's almost same as. I'd say the games we have drawn under him we would have lost under Kean the way it was going. There is nothing to suggest any different going off the last 2 years.

I don't think so, it was obvious we were about to come off the rails under Kean. Take into account the games we pulled out of the bag at the death then the Boro result and performance we were only going one way. Black has changed very very little apart from tightening up the middle so it's almost same as. I'd say the games we have drawn under him we would have lost under Kean the way it was going. There is nothing to suggest any different going off the last 2 years.

You're perfectly allowed to score at any point during the football match. We were winning games under him. Hopefully we will win again under a new manager (and hopefully we will under Black for as long as he stands in) but the fact of the matter is we haven't been doing since Kean left.

• Moderation Lead

You're perfectly allowed to score at any point during the football match. We were winning games under him. Hopefully we will win again under a new manager (and hopefully we will under Black for as long as he stands in) but the fact of the matter is we haven't been doing since Kean left.

We'd been playing shockingly all season and ragged our victories. We then lost against Middlesbrough, playing the same way.

Fairly likely we would have continued to lose with SK still there......

For 50% of the last three games Black has tried a completely different system to the one Kean employed by playing Olssen and Orr as wing backs. At half time in the Wolves game he changed the system to a more conventional 4-4-1-1. He changed in the first place as he said we were conceding too many goals, far too open at times and to a degree he has adressed that. It's just now that we are not scoring enough or creating enough chances.

Somebody I trust told me on Saturday that under Kean we never worked on defensive shape in any sessions at all. Black has now got Hendry more involved in this.

It was undoubtedly party time to see the back of Kean, but what exactly has changed? All his resignation has done is emphasize what a farce we really are behind the scenes. All this talk from our resident ITKers about Kean being "only days away from the sack" was complete dreck, as proven by our bungled search for his replacement, converging towards Billy McKinlay of all people. I will never agree with braddock that we'd have been better with Kean. His presence blighted this club both on and off the pitch. However, this travesty didn't begin with Kean and it certainly won't end with him.

Archived