BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that article is right, and I have no reason to doubt it, Desai will get (and deserves some) pain for the way she has dealt with Rovers and Rovers fans. The fans had worked out what Kean was like thanks to some inside info occasionally and his actions. Kean is a scumbag IMO. The way he has dealt with Desai and Venky's shows the amount of loyalty and decency he has. None. Not a jot. But we knew that.

There is potential for this to end up being to Rovers benefit though. For a start, Desai must realise that she has been taken for, potentially, a very expensive ride. Appointing a decent chairman (she should beg JW to come back!) who can be trusted for a start. Rely on that person to run the club properly and make good decisions. Don't do things on the cheap. Let football people run a football club. I also reckon a lot of stories will appear in the press to discredit Kean now which can only be good for the fans as we've been blamed for poor treatment of Kean.

Kean must be hoping for a massive payout because he'll never work in football again. I hope he loses the case just for karma.

Seems there was a noisy disagreement with Shebby on Friday afternoon at Brockhall. Robinson got involved making peace but Kean wanted war which meant that several players including MGP, Dunn and Murphy backed Robbo against Kean. The row continued on the team bus and Kean decided to get off at the services and was left.

Thankfully for all of us he was furious enough to call his resignation through to Sky Sports. He had to call his driver to come and get him and went to his lawyers to frame his statement.

This seems to be the version that is out and about.

This is not inconsistent with them getting the train at Stockport- they were all at Brockhall and had to be taken to Stockport and the motorway services was near enough for Kean's driver to be able to get to him. It would also be consistent with the players eventually hearing of the resignation over dinner; Kean wasn't there to tell them personally.

I find this totally believable. Our club has been a total circus. Kean seems like he wanted to square off against anyone who questioned him. I love the thought of Robbo stepping between them, Kean still wanting to rumble and then the other senior players backing Robbo up. It would be priceless to have seen Kean's face when he realised that he had lost these guys.

Not looked into this as I have only just seen it, but i'm pretty certain Kean told the players in person at the hotel. I'm also pretty sure Jason Lowe told the LT that was the case

Ah yes just found it in LT

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9958438.Lowe_insists_Rovers_in_safe_hands_under_Black/

Seems to me that he tried the old Brian Clough trick, Brian Clough pulled the trick 2 or 3 times before his bluff was called. I also don't see how he could complain about team interference in a dismisal case if his gripe is gainst the owners/directors, they take the ultimate responsibility and can make the decisions on any aspect of the business.

I just hope that coco's targets were in black and white ie the number of agreed pints tally, sorry points tally.

forward and onward, BRFC is bigger than any clown

Not looked into this as I have only just seen it, but i'm pretty certain Kean told the players in person at the hotel. I'm also pretty sure Jason Lowe told the LT that was the case

Ah yes just found it in LT

http://www.lancashir...ds_under_Black/

Doesn't say who told them he had gone, just that they were half way through dinner

Indeed.... and better still if he had done it months ago as he and others of his ilk should have done.

To be fair, Henry Winter has always been quite damning of Venky's.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8716982/Henry-Winter-Venkys-falling-short-at-Blackburn-Rovers-compared-to-high-standards-set-by-Jack-Walker.html

If Kean goes for constructive dismissal, I will happily go on oath against him.

This seems to support Philipl's version and indicate that Kean was not at the hotel himself on Friday:

Matt Slater@mattslaterbbc

Eric Black said he/club needed time 2 ponder next move, said Kean called him at 7pm on Fri 2 say he was off, told players at 7.03

Kean did not tell the players in person.

So where is the story you said was going to break in newspapers on Monday? It never came out, so perhaps you could tell us all about it yourself instead?

I have already posted it in this thread.

When you have scrolled back and found it, feel free to post it again.

I have already posted it in this thread.

When you have scrolled back and found it, feel free to post it again.

Oh you mean the row with Shebby Singh, Kean running out of the bus crying when Robinson, Dunn, Pedersen and Murphy rebelled and ganged up against him, and not telling the players of his resignation in person? Ha ha ha, oh yeah, now I remember. My bad.

Archived