BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Backroom

This seems to support Philipl's version and indicate that Kean was not at the hotel himself on Friday:

Matt Slater@mattslaterbbc

Eric Black said he/club needed time 2 ponder next move, said Kean called him at 7pm on Fri 2 say he was off, told players at 7.03

This version of events does not corroborate with the below quote:

Eric Black, Kean’s assistant, took on the caretaker role that used to be Tony Parkes’ domain at Ewood and Black said: ‘Steve wanted to speak to everybody at the same time. It was a sombre atmosphere. The players were disappointed. They all shook his hand.’

Taken from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2210888/Steve-Kean-dead-man-walking--Michael-Walker-road.html

Either Kean was there or he wasn't. If he wasn't why has Black lied in the aftermath to make out that Kean got handshakes and sympathy?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb interview with Henry Winter.

Seems there was a noisy disagreement with Shebby on Friday afternoon at Brockhall. Robinson got involved making peace but Kean wanted war which meant that several players including MGP, Dunn and Murphy backed Robbo against Kean. The row continued on the team bus and Kean decided to get off at the services and was left.

Thankfully for all of us he was furious enough to call his resignation through to Sky Sports. He had to call his driver to come and get him and went to his lawyers to frame his statement.

This seems to be the version that is out and about.

This is not inconsistent with them getting the train at Stockport- they were all at Brockhall and had to be taken to Stockport and the motorway services was near enough for Kean's driver to be able to get to him. It would also be consistent with the players eventually hearing of the resignation over dinner; Kean wasn't there to tell them personally.

I won't believe it until I see the "Downfall" Bunker Scene spoof! :lol:

Personally I don't give a fig whether he was there or not! I am just pleased he won't be influencing club matters, or stood on the touchline anymore at Ewood, or spouting his nonsensical garbage after matches. We are well rid of that clown and it now over to the Venky's to make a critical decision on who to employ next.

Unfortunately on the evidence to date, there is nothing that demonstrates Venky's having the professionalism to correctly manage the next stage of the process and select the most qualified and comptetent replacement. Changing manager's is always a major gamble and recent history at Rovers with Kidd, Ince and Kean clearly illustrates it can all go very badly wrong.

I have to say I am concerned by the lack of intelligence displayed by the Venky's in general and worried about who will be recruited. There is a major re-building job needed at the Rovers and a proven, top quality, experienced and professional manager is required to manage the transition and cultural change immediately required, plus a genuine assault on the Premier League. Someone who has done it all before, preferably with experience of keeping teams in the PL on relatively small budgets. A number of the names being mentioned simply do not fit that description and we must not gamble in anyway at this moment.

Still, the first step was removing ourselves of Kean and for that we can all be thankful.

• Backroom

Rubbish list. Where are Paul Ince and Tony Adams?

He's not going to put Ince in there, Oliver Holt would have him strung up as a racist. You seem to have forgotten, Stuart, that when we sacked Ince it was purely down to his race... not his short but disastrous Rovers managerial record.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Is-racism-to-blame-for-Paul-Ince-getting-a-rough-ride-at-Blackburn-asks-Oliver-Holt-article34231.html

Or so Oliver Holt claims. I'm sure the author of the F365 article doesn't want a list of nonsensical rhetorical questions to answer from Holt.

He's not going to put Ince in there, Oliver Holt would have him strung up as a racist. You seem to have forgotten, Stuart, that when we sacked Ince it was purely down to his race... not his short but disastrous Rovers managerial record.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Is-racism-to-blame-for-Paul-Ince-getting-a-rough-ride-at-Blackburn-asks-Oliver-Holt-article34231.html

Or so Oliver Holt claims. I'm sure the author of the F365 article doesn't want a list of nonsensical rhetorical questions to answer from Holt.

Oh I've not forgotten. Although I sometimes get my Olivers mixed up!

saw this in the L.E.T.. makes for an interesting read.

KEAN PLAYS THE BLAME GAME

Everything I have been telling you about Steve Kean over the past 18 months is now coming to fruition.

I have consistently said Kean “Plays the blame game” none more so than now.

As Kean prepares the ground for his constructive dismissal case, he has issued a statement suggesting the owners were interfering in team selection – NOT TRUE.

Kean is laying the foundations to take Mrs Anuradha Desai to the ‘cleaners’. Back in August Kean issued a statement to the National press saying that three new signings made on transfer deadline day were not of his choice. He went on to say that he had never even seen them play and had been signed by director Shebby Singh.

This heaped further indignation upon the Venky’s regime from the National press.

At the time I wondered why Kean had made such a statement knowing the club would be ridiculed by the press. I suggested on this site in an article headed, “KEAN TARGET’S SINGH” posted 13th September 2012. That he had released the statement to discredit Singh in order to fall back on, when results went wrong, and blame Singh.

But I was wrong. Kean was planning his escape route, he knew Mrs Desai (pic above) would not sack him, but he wanted out. The only way was to resign and sue for constructive dismissal (see article,KEAN RESIGNS ON LEGAL ADVICE, 29th September 2012). A far more profitable avenue for Kean.

Kean’s carefully press fed statements allied with the ridiculous points total allegedly set by Shebby Singh and Singh’s ill-advised rant at a pre-season fan’s forum, when he talked of sacking Kean, will be enough for Kean’s lawyers to have a ‘field day’ when the case comes to court.

Had Kean taken charge of the Rovers next three games starting at Charlton, he would have been seen to be incompliance with Shebby Singh and the owner’s ultimatum that they were monitoring his future.

Under this weight of evidence Kean will extract from Mrs Anuradha Desai a large part of the family fortune and make a ‘killing’.

The phone call to his hotel room at 5.30pm on Friday 28th September from his legal advisors told him so, and to resign immediately, which he did an hour or so later.

Kean is so gutless he did not have the decency to talk to the woman who has championed him, looked after him, fought for him and given him wealth he could never of dreamed of. Kean is now a millionaire in his own right because of Mrs Anuradha Desai.

The court case he is about to bring is despicable and just about sums up the man. But I have been telling this to Mrs Desai and her brothers for months. I do not know if she ever views ‘REG’ but I have sent her countless emails warning her, what Kean would do to her, her family and her club.

DID SHE LISTEN, NO !

Just as no one listened to me back in December 2011 when I warned them what was about to happen to the club.

Now Mrs Desai is going to have to learn the hard way, she should have listened to Deputy Chief Executive Paul Hunt when he wanted Kean sacking in January 2012. Instead she sacked Paul Hunt. She should have listened to brother Ventkatesh when he wanted Kean sacking in May 2012. She should have listened to Shebby Singh when he asked her to sack Kean 2 weeks ago.

She should have sacked him and paid up his contract, it would have been a far cheaper option and Kean knew this.

The only consolation Anurandha Desai is that she is well rid of Kean. She will find she has a better club, supportive fans, better atmosphere at Ewood and if she is wise decent people working for her. There are those behind the scenes at Ewood who conspired with Kean. They need to be got rid of straight away.

Let me say Eric Black is not one of them – he is a good honest man – I hope a place can be found for him at Ewood Park if he chooses to stay. Steve Bruce at Hull City would be more than pleased to welcome Black to his backroom staff.

Reg gets a lot of things wrong as well, best not to believe everything he says. He does bring up several good points, but I find some of his conclusions very unlikely. There was once he was talking about Kean owning part of the club or being part of the Scottish mafia (can't remember if that's him), plus a lot of other conspiracy theories.

He does bring up several good points, but I find some of his conclusions very unlikely. There was once he was talking about Kean owning part of the club or being part of the Scottish mafia (can't remember if that's him), plus a lot of other conspiracy theories.

We have had no proof either that this is in fact untrue.

• Backroom

Probably deserves to lose some of her cash for siding with such a moron

Yep.

I'll never forgive Desai for what she's done to this club. She deserves everything she gets.

Have to say though, despite Kean's deviousness I'm not sure he planned that far ahead. I think the resignation decision was made fairly sharpish after a brief look at his options with his lawyers. There must have been some kind of trigger on Friday that made him think the game was definitely up and it was time to make his move.

Even for the weirdness of Venkys/Kean, his departure was pretty sudden in terms of timing (eve of a match) - also take into account the garbage he came out with in his pre match presser only a few hours before.

Every time I come on the site and see this topic I get excited again because I briefly forget what happened

I'm just waiting for someone to edit the topic title and insert a hyphen in the word "resign". Honestly. He's like Freddie Krueger - "that must be it, he must be dead now" only for Kean to come back again "wor owners can see what we're trying to do here" *

* retire into obscurity as a millionaire

Even for the weirdness of Venkys/Kean, his departure was pretty sudden in terms of timing (eve of a match) - also take into account the garbage he came out with in his pre match presser only a few hours before.

Done delibrately , Kean was hoping we would get beaten at the Valley , that would have given more credence !

saw this in the L.E.T.. makes for an interesting read.

KEAN PLAYS THE BLAME GAME

Everything I have been telling you about Steve Kean over the past 18 months is now coming to fruition.

I have consistently said Kean “Plays the blame game” none more so than now.

As Kean prepares the ground for his constructive dismissal case, he has issued a statement suggesting the owners were interfering in team selection – NOT TRUE.

Kean is laying the foundations to take Mrs Anuradha Desai to the ‘cleaners’. Back in August Kean issued a statement to the National press saying that three new signings made on transfer deadline day were not of his choice. He went on to say that he had never even seen them play and had been signed by director Shebby Singh.

This heaped further indignation upon the Venky’s regime from the National press.

At the time I wondered why Kean had made such a statement knowing the club would be ridiculed by the press. I suggested on this site in an article headed, “KEAN TARGET’S SINGH” posted 13th September 2012. That he had released the statement to discredit Singh in order to fall back on, when results went wrong, and blame Singh.

But I was wrong. Kean was planning his escape route, he knew Mrs Desai (pic above) would not sack him, but he wanted out. The only way was to resign and sue for constructive dismissal (see article,KEAN RESIGNS ON LEGAL ADVICE, 29th September 2012). A far more profitable avenue for Kean.

Kean’s carefully press fed statements allied with the ridiculous points total allegedly set by Shebby Singh and Singh’s ill-advised rant at a pre-season fan’s forum, when he talked of sacking Kean, will be enough for Kean’s lawyers to have a ‘field day’ when the case comes to court.

Had Kean taken charge of the Rovers next three games starting at Charlton, he would have been seen to be incompliance with Shebby Singh and the owner’s ultimatum that they were monitoring his future.

Under this weight of evidence Kean will extract from Mrs Anuradha Desai a large part of the family fortune and make a ‘killing’.

The phone call to his hotel room at 5.30pm on Friday 28th September from his legal advisors told him so, and to resign immediately, which he did an hour or so later.

Kean is so gutless he did not have the decency to talk to the woman who has championed him, looked after him, fought for him and given him wealth he could never of dreamed of. Kean is now a millionaire in his own right because of Mrs Anuradha Desai.

The court case he is about to bring is despicable and just about sums up the man. But I have been telling this to Mrs Desai and her brothers for months. I do not know if she ever views ‘REG’ but I have sent her countless emails warning her, what Kean would do to her, her family and her club.

DID SHE LISTEN, NO !

Just as no one listened to me back in December 2011 when I warned them what was about to happen to the club.

Now Mrs Desai is going to have to learn the hard way, she should have listened to Deputy Chief Executive Paul Hunt when he wanted Kean sacking in January 2012. Instead she sacked Paul Hunt. She should have listened to brother Ventkatesh when he wanted Kean sacking in May 2012. She should have listened to Shebby Singh when he asked her to sack Kean 2 weeks ago.

She should have sacked him and paid up his contract, it would have been a far cheaper option and Kean knew this.

The only consolation Anurandha Desai is that she is well rid of Kean. She will find she has a better club, supportive fans, better atmosphere at Ewood and if she is wise decent people working for her. There are those behind the scenes at Ewood who conspired with Kean. They need to be got rid of straight away.

Let me say Eric Black is not one of them – he is a good honest man – I hope a place can be found for him at Ewood Park if he chooses to stay. Steve Bruce at Hull City would be more than pleased to welcome Black to his backroom staff.

No "allegedly" here, must be confident.

If there are witnesses needed as to the incompetence of Kean, please refer to non season ticket renewers list.

Archived