BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

Yes Gav just because I said that we all should be happy because Kean has gone was bunkem means I wan't him back

What I'd want is Agnew, Shaw, Singh and Berg (and the back room staff) out of the club and competent people put in their place and if we can get shut of the owners too that's the icing on the cake

The fact that we we have gone from an incompetent lying fool to just an incompetent fool as manager isn't a cause for celebration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you'd rather have Kean back? or you just want something to moan about?

Do we really need to have an excuse to moan about anything? Ffs.

Berg's been in charge only 9 games but to expect him to turn around this sinking ship with his inexperience is just naive unless you truly believe in Christmas miracles. How many times have we seen this before over the years? And unlike all those other times where we've had a novice at the helm, things are much much worse now.

Do we really need to have an excuse to moan about anything? Ffs.

Clearly not, this site has always been full of moaning whinging keans brought up on success, thankfully a few will try to keep things in perspective and not expect instant success.

If you support the club you should support the manager, he's had 9 games, 9 GAMES! in charge and people are practically calling for him to be sacked. He's not my choice for manager, but he is the manager and I'll support him until such time as I think he's out of his depth, starts lying or looses the plot.

Where's Kean?

Probably pissing himself laughing on a Scrooge McDuck pile of gold.

A growing pile I'd bet.

Yes Gav just because I said that we all should be happy because Kean has gone was bunkem means I wan't him back

What I'd want is Agnew, Shaw, Singh and Berg (and the back room staff) out of the club and competent people put in their place and if we can get shut of the owners too that's the icing on the cake

Careful what you wish for. I wanted the Venky's out two years ago (in fact I never wanted the buggers in the first place) but to do so now could see the club wound up before the season is out. It's easy to jump on the 'Venky's Out' bandwagon but a few need to think it through first.

You know what, things may not be great watching us losing more than we win under Berg, but I'd much rather have him at the helm than that lying scheming swine kean any day.

When thinking about our current woes, people would be well served to remember that point.

I might be alone in this but I actually find things currently more depressing than I ever did under Kean.

Under Kean we got relegated from the Premier League, but I still had hope. The supporter base were so firmly against Kean that something had to give eventually, even if it was far too late in the end. I hoped the owners would for their next appointment at least appoint someone with decent managerial experience and they would maybe be able to at least get us challenging. At the start of this season I definitely had hope, we had fluked a few results under Kean and it also looked like he was going to be sacked soon, so I thought a half decent manager might come in and we could launch a shot at promotion. I'm sure we all had those hopes.

Currently under Berg however, I have absolutely no hope. The guy is tied to a three year contract, we are slipping down the league towards the relegation slots, there is absolutely nothing about him that makes me think he will turn it round. He failed in the Norweigian league FFS so how will he suddenly become a competent Rovers manager? I am struggling to see a situation where we can turn this round in the foreseeable future. And even if Berg leaves, we won't be the proposition to potential managers we were once Kean had left.

Yes Berg as a man seems much preferable to Kean, but ultimately that doesn't even mean that much. He certainly doesn't appear to have managerial abilities which are much better. I have less hope for the club now than under Kean.

Clearly not, this site has always been full of moaning whinging keans brought up on success, thankfully a few will try to keep things in perspective and not expect instant success.

Thats a good one! You were one of the biggest moaners under Allardyce, at a time when Rovers fans truly had absolutely nothing to moan about. Apart from the unrealistic, immature gripe that our style of football didn't match Arsenal's or how fans' teams play on FIFA 2000 and whatever.

The perspective is that we've won 1 game in 9. The perspective is that we are near the bottom if not bottom of the form league. The perspective is that we've only just been relegated to this division and have strikers so good that they were keeping Steve Kean in the top 2, yet now we're plumetting towards relegation.

Berg is an appalling manager and while seeing that slimy muppet Kean sat on the sidelines every game was very irritating, the current garbage we're being served up is painful and not a little embarassing.

Give him time, he's only been in charge for 9 games!

How much time do we have to play with?.We needed an experienced manager Gav..we all agreed in near unison a relative rookie should NEVER be gambled upon again..the idiots in Pune strike again.

Round and round we go,where it all ends God only knows!

Thats a good one! You were one of the biggest moaners under Allardyce, at a time when Rovers fans truly had absolutely nothing to moan about. Apart from the unrealistic, immature gripe that our style of football didn't match Arsenal's or how fans' teams play on FIFA 2000 and whatever.

The perspective is that we've won 1 game in 9. The perspective is that we are near the bottom if not bottom of the form league. The perspective is that we've only just been relegated to this division and have strikers so good that they were keeping Steve Kean in the top 2, yet now we're plumetting towards relegation.

Berg is an appalling manager and while seeing that slimy muppet Kean sat on the sidelines every game was very irritating, the current garbage we're being served up is painful and not a little embarassing.

Tell you what lets sack Berg now then and get who exactly? the 2 confused idiots in Pune are interested in the cheap options only, Berg was cheap and thats why he's here, they're not going to spend money on anyone better, simple as that, you and rest of the monaing keans need to back the guy not spend your life bleedin moaning about things you have no influence over.

How much time do we have to play with?.We needed an experienced manager Gav..we all agreed in near unison a relative rookie should NEVER be gambled upon again..the idiots in Pune strike again.

We need to give him until next season, this season has gone for me with the dross he has to pick from. As for an experienced manager, not going to happen, as you say the idiots in Pune have struck again.

Howard Kendall - Division 3 - first 10 matches - 5 draws, 1 win and 4 losses (incl three in succession - incl Blackpool away).

Personally I am concerned - but at the moment Berg is struggling with a squad that has been pillaged of its best players - and that in truth hasn't played well for at least 12 months. I struggle to remember the last good team performance - possibly Liverpool at home early in Kean's tenure. We always relied on moments of individual brilliance from the likes of Hoilett rather than good team play. He hasn't had a pre-season - everybody seems to think that the pre-season fitness training was poor (fitness will always be an issue in this league - where endevour generally out weighs ability) - and he hasn't had a transfer window to address the imbalance in the squad (though he should have made better use of the loan window than King).

Not certain that Berg will pull through this - though a good midfield player transfer early in the window would help hugely. However - I don't think that chanting against the players, Shebby or the owners during the match does any really good. Sitting with the Blackpool fans - it was disappointing to see Rovers fans flooding out after they scored - when there was still 9 minutes of normal time and 6 of extra to play.

Tell you what lets sack Berg now then and get who exactly? the 2 confused idiots in Pune are interested in the cheap options only, Berg was cheap and thats why he's here, they're not going to spend money on anyone better, simple as that, you and rest of the monaing keans need to back the guy not spend your life bleedin moaning about things you have no influence over.

I think you will find the owners, within reason, were willing to bankroll whoever Shebby deemed appropriate. It's Shebby who decided to go against the grain and pick a manager with little experience. Berg will be earning a decent amount as Kean was. This "cheap option" talk is wrong.

I will let you work out why Shebby picked who he did. Or rather who he decided to pass on. It wasn't their contract demands.

You act as if there's no good managers out there who would possibly come to the biggest spenders in the Championship, with one of the best squads (balls to what gets said by the Berg-defenders on here, Kean had us 2nd) and with 11 years of PL pedigree behind us. We are one of, if not the, biggest jobs in the entire football league. And you're acting as if a failed manager from a laughably minor european league is the best we can possibly get. Billy Davies, to name but one, is 10 times better than Berg. He promoted the record-breakingly awful Derby team and he couldn't promote us?

Also well done for ignoring my entire first paragraph in that reply. I'm pretty sure there's a picture of you next to the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary. As far am I'm concerned, I've got free reign on moaning about whoever I want after spending 2 years stoically defending the last good manager of this club against the band of moronic plebs constantly criticising, undermining and calling for the end of his successful reign. Frankly in my opinion anyone who continually used the "hoofball" insult under Allardyce deserves to be exiled from our fanbase. You were part of that gang if memory serves and as such don't have a toe, never mind a leg, to stand on in accusing other people of moaning about Berg.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349675" data-time="1355764611"><p>

I'm sure Gav was this blinded in the early stages of the Kean era</p></blockquote>

You support your manager until he deserves your support no more, otherwise you can't be classed a fan of the club in my book.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349675" data-time="1355764611"><p>

I'm sure Gav was this blinded in the early stages of the Kean era</p></blockquote>

You support your manager until he deserves your support no more, otherwise you can't be classed a fan of the club in my book.

I have done that. Maybe if the club had my patience and inability to suffer fools your last mate wouldn't have had the time to screw us up so much?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349687" data-time="1355765794"><p>

I have done that. Maybe if the club had my patience and inability to suffer fools your last mate wouldn't have had the time to screw us up so much?</p></blockquote>

You haven't done that at all, he's only been here 9 games, you're clearly on the wind up.

Isn't there a difference between supporting the manager even though you believe he's completely the wrong man for the job, and not supporting the manager even though you believe he's completely the wrong man for the job? I ask because I get the feeling that most people support Berg despite having zero faith in his ability to turn it around.

Also who makes the rules about the manager deserving your support? It may just be 9 games but with what's gone on you can't blame the fans (yet again) for having no patience. I certainly don't. I don't agree with Berg getting abuse personally but I do agree with their right to turn round to Singh and say, man you really keaned this one up.

The previous manager was completely different though - IMO, fans had a right to give him dogs abuse from day one.

Him and his agent are nasty pieces of work. Can't be bothered going through all of it again but for a start the very suspicious way he got the job should have raised eyebrows from day one.

I was surprised how long it took for Kean to suffer any abuse all things considered.

Fans are now just fed up, angry and disillusioned - patience is wearing thin. Clearly it is not a personal thing with Berg but a mixture of emotions may lead to criticism coming his way soon if results continue to nose dive.

It's every fan's prerogative to decide when a manager or player no longer deserves support.

Whether other people then view them as not being a fan ... well, why should they give a @#/??

Yes, the squad is appalling, but there are still signs out there on the pitch that Berg is out of his depth.

I think he's honest and well-meaning, but I don't believe he;s up to the job, and I think his appointment has less to do with his own abilities than it has to the agenda of Mr. Singh.

I'm just so tired of this whole rotten craphouse. Can't remember a worse time to be a Rovers fan.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349687" data-time="1355765794"><p>

I have done that. Maybe if the club had my patience and inability to suffer fools your last mate wouldn't have had the time to screw us up so much?</p></blockquote>

You haven't done that at all, he's only been here 9 games, you're clearly on the wind up.

Sorry Gav you are obviously right. I feel so foolish. Let us all know when we should give up on Berg, seeing you are the self proclaimed expert. :blink:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349845" data-time="1355817655"><p>

Sorry Gav you are obviously right. I feel so foolish. Let us all know when we should give up on Berg, seeing you are the self proclaimed expert. :blink:</p></blockquote>

We seem to be going around in circles.

There is no way Mark Hughes is coming back so who else could we get in now?

What we really need are white knight owners - they aren't coming either. Not pre-administration anyway.

Second choice is that Venkys step up. Why would they? The fans (justifiably) hate them for what they have done to the club.

All we fans can do is shut out the world and get behind the team and manager on a matchday. Or if you have more time, get involved in the Trust or Action Group - or create your own Monster Raving Rover Party but don't just mope about.

People often say the club belongs to the fans, that Venkys won't be here forever - but we don't act like it. We abandon our team and fellow fans and bitch and moan about rumour and innuendo. My mate's mate's mate heard such-and-such about Glen Mullan/drunken Scott Dann/Paul Agnew/Shebby Singh. It must be true so I'm never going to Ewood again until they are all gone.

Well make sure you bring a wreath...

Archived