BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349675" data-time="1355764611"><p>

I'm sure Gav was this blinded in the early stages of the Kean era</p></blockquote>

You support your manager until he deserves your support no more, otherwise you can't be classed a fan of the club in my book.

Then Gav, by the parameters you defined, you are no fan. I refer, of course, to your attitude to Allardyce..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's every fan's prerogative to decide when a manager or player no longer deserves support.

Whether other people then view them as not being a fan ... well, why should they give a @#/??

Yes, the squad is appalling, but there are still signs out there on the pitch that Berg is out of his depth.

I think he's honest and well-meaning, but I don't believe he;s up to the job, and I think his appointment has less to do with his own abilities than it has to the agenda of Mr. Singh.

I'm just so tired of this whole rotten craphouse. Can't remember a worse time to be a Rovers fan.

It seems strange to me Bryan that we have a handful of speed posters that don't support the manager after 9 games, don't support the players, don't support the global advisor, don't support the owners, don't support the backroom staff, who the kean do they support? surely by that definition they don't support Blackburn Rovers?

As I've said numerous times, I think Berg is probably out of his depth, he wasn't my choice to take over the reigns, but he's the manager and as supporters of Blackburn Rovers we should support him until he gives us reason to withdraw that support, and after 9 games he can't possibly have done that yet surely :wacko:

Sorry Gav you are obviously right. I feel so foolish. Let us all know when we should give up on Berg, seeing you are the self proclaimed expert. :blink:

You're making a late run for BRFCS c0ck of the year, trying posting something of substance and we'll start to take you seriously :tu:

Then Gav, by the parameters you defined, you are no fan. I refer, of course, to your attitude to Allardyce..

Lets not muddy the waters here 47er, I wanted Allardyce before Ince, I wanted Allardyce when he was appointed and supported him until I saw fit as to support him no more, same applies to Berg, its no different.

I'll never beat you in those stakes Gav, even Shebby would come runner up. I also don't need to resort to purile name calling.

So it's all fine to criticise but only once YOU have made up your mind that the manager his had enough time. Unbelieveable

Lets not muddy the waters here 47er, I wanted Allardyce before Ince, I wanted Allardyce when he was appointed and supported him until I saw fit as to support him no more, same applies to Berg, its no different.

So Gav, having saved us from what appeared certain relegation and putting us in the middle of the Premier League you saw fit not to support the manager anymore?

Really wise move!

So Gav, having saved us from what appeared certain relegation and putting us in the middle of the Premier League you saw fit not to support the manager anymore?

Really wise move!

Old ground my friend, old ground.

As I've told Gordon, we don't want to fall out again do we? we're getting on fine these days and long may it continue :tu:

To be fair, I think of the last three managers *cough* at Rovers, most would prefer Berg to be a success.

Which isn't the same as not believing Allardyce is damn good at what he does, and - begrudgingly - that he was/is exactly what Blackburn Rovers needed/needs.

That ship however has long since sailed.

Old ground my friend, old ground.

As I've told Gordon, we don't want to fall out again do we? we're getting on fine these days and long may it continue :tu:

No good soft soaping me now Gav.... err....me old mucker. :tu:

You can't change history and your rants about never going to away matches and not renewing your ST whilst Big Sam was in charge and your assertion that everybody in your area of the Blackburn End echoed your thoughts sound pretty damned pathetic now just 2 years on don't they?

Now I realise that anybody can make a mistake and that is the reason they put rubbers on the end of pencils, but unfortunately no one can erase their memory banks quite so easily so it's small wonder why so few people place any store in your opinions these days is it? Don't worry though cos you are most definitely not alone.

Rem Gav..... 'as ye sow, so shall ye reap'. :closedeyes:

No good soft soaping me now Gav.... err....me old mucker. :tu:

You can't change history and your rants about never going to away matches and not renewing your ST whilst Big Sam was in charge and your assertion that everybody in your area of the Blackburn End echoed your thoughts sound pretty damned pathetic now just 2 years on don't they?

Now I realise that anybody can make a mistake and that is the reason they put rubbers on the end of pencils, but unfortunately no one can erase their memory banks quite so easily so it's small wonder why so few people place any store in your opinions these days is it? Don't worry though cos you are most definitely not alone.

Rem Gav..... 'as ye sow, so shall ye reap'. :closedeyes:

Its a game of opinions Gordon, I had mine about Allardyce and you had yours, its what makes the footballing world go round.

As for people "placing store" in my opinions, thankfully I've still got you onside and thats all that matters really :xmas:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349845" data-time="1355817655"><p>

Sorry Gav you are obviously right. I feel so foolish. Let us all know when we should give up on Berg, seeing you are the self proclaimed expert. :blink:</p></blockquote>

People often say the club belongs to the fans, that Venkys won't be here forever - but we don't act like it. We abandon our team and fellow fans and bitch and moan about rumour and innuendo. My mate's mate's mate heard such-and-such about Glen Mullan/drunken Scott Dann/Paul Agnew/Shebby Singh. It must be true so I'm never going to Ewood again until they are all gone.

Truest words spoken on here in a long time

I wanted George Graham :blush:

Irrespective of what you thought of Big Sam, he was an excellent manager for a club the size of and budget of Blackburn Rovers.

Most of us could see that at the time, but the vocal minority weren't satisfied with what Sam achieved with us and wanted better...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Blue and White Army" data-cid="1349675" data-time="1355764611"><p>

I'm sure Gav was this blinded in the early stages of the Kean era</p></blockquote>

You support your manager until he deserves your support no more, otherwise you can't be classed a fan of the club in my book.

so supporting your club, is wanting a succesfull manager gone and giving a failure more time.?

Just seen that quote.

So at what point in Allardyce's reign did he no longer deserve our support?

Was it when he saved us from almost certain relegation?

Or maybe when he continue to overperform despite having to sell a couple of our best players each year?

Or possibly when he turned us into a competitive mid-table Premiership table?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Andy" data-cid="1350054" data-time="1355841880"><p>

Just seen that quote.<br />

<br />

So at what point in Allardyce's reign did he no longer deserve our support?<br />

<br />

Was it when he saved us from almost certain relegation?<br />

Or maybe when he continue to overperform despite having to sell a couple of our best players each year?<br />

Or possibly when he turned us into a competitive mid-table Premiership table?</p></blockquote>

It was usually personal with Allardyce which is what shaped the opinion of those who were 'against him' - remember fat slug etc...

The players loved playing under him and he did a fantastic job here as he does at every club he manages.

Just seen that quote.

So at what point in Allardyce's reign did he no longer deserve our support?

Was it when he saved us from almost certain relegation?

Or maybe when he continue to overperform despite having to sell a couple of our best players each year?

Or possibly when he turned us into a competitive mid-table Premiership table?

Sam will always split the fan base with his style of football, it's just the way it is and it won't change.

• 2 weeks later...

well not long now until this thread title has to be edited

Steve Kean re-signs!

I've been touting this for a while now, it's so absurd it could actually happen.

Imagine Agnew now, whispering to MrsD that they were better off with Kean all along and Shebby is the one ruining things.

*sigh*

I won't be watching. The very thought of Kean chuckling away on the couch after the sums he has "earned", whilst steering us down and out, turns my stomach.

One day, someone will make a film about Blackburn Rovers Football Club 2010-2013 and it will bomb.

It'll be too unrealistic.

Archived