BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's London Limited notice of Dissolution

The BRFC Action Group have chased Companies House into issuing a 3 month notice of dissolution on Venky's London Ltd today (Rovers' parent co) because accounts have not been filed within time limits, no correspondence answered and no fines paid.

Removing the dissolution is not an easy matter and any assets owned by a company forcibly dissolved become the property of the Crown. Rovers are the only asset.

It appears Venky's London lawyers were caught completely by surprise.

This could be an exciting weekend...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BRFC Action Group have chased Companies House into issuing a 3 month notice of dissolution on Venky's London Ltd today (Rovers' parent co) because accounts have not been filed within time limits, no correspondence answered and no fines paid.

Removing the dissolution is not an easy matter and any assets owned by a company forcibly dissolved become the property of the Crown. Rovers are the only asset.

I would just like to point out that the BRFC Action Group have not pushed for this outcome. I like many other individuals receive email notifications from companies house when a public document is made available with this company. We have been monitoring this situation for the last couple of months and did raise the issue of no filed accounts in our two minuted meetings with the club, with Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw and Shebby Singh and we will try and seek more clarity tonight in our meeting.

However we as a group have put no pressure on companies house to force this issue, we simply purchased the document like many others, i know Fernhurst Rover has also purchased the document and released it via his twitter account.

I have spoken to Squire Sanders LLP this afternoon asking if VLL still own 99.9% of Blackburn Rovers shares and they have stated that without breaching confidences they can confirm that all information available publicly at companies house is correct and upto date.

I would point out that this is normal companies house procedure and Venkys do have 3 months to resolve this issue so i would urge caution, before the whole messageboard goes into meltdown and panic.

The BRFC Action Group have chased Companies House into issuing a 3 month notice of dissolution on Venky's London Ltd today

I would just like to point out that the BRFC Action Group have not pushed for this outcome.

Oh dear Philip, not again!

I'd be very surprised if Venkys legal time where caught by surprise Phil, im quite sure they are aware of their legal obligations. As Mark stated the Action Group have chased nothing here. i recieved a copy via email from fernhurst, so lets not dramatise it just yet.

Just out of interest do we have a break down of the owners of Venky's London-is it solely in the name of Venketash Hatcheries/Venky's India? Are there other share holders?

This is not attached to conspiracy theories etc..i'm just wondering if this information is freely available?

I'm sure given that they have 3 months to comply this will be sorted out and is just a formality!

Have the names of directors of Venky's London been confirmed?

It means Venky's didn't get around to filing the accounts and triggered a standard action from companies house, who naturally assume no accounts + no contact = no longer trading.

I imagine the outcome will be a hasty aplology to companies house and a hastily prepared set of accounts. Somebody gets slapped hands and we all sigh at mismanagement again.

Unless of course there is something to hide and there is no intention of releasing the accounts and instead move ownership away from VLL and off-shore as some twitter commentators have suggested.

frankly I this the first theory is more likely, but in the current circus, who knows

Just out of interest do we have a break down of the owners of Venky's London-is it solely in the name of Venketash Hatcheries/Venky's India? Are there other share holders?

This is not attached to conspiracy theories etc..i'm just wondering if this information is freely available?

I'm sure given that they have 3 months to comply this will be sorted out and is just a formality!

Have the names of directors of Venky's London been confirmed?

The documentation purchased from companies house on the formation of Venkys London Limited which i have somewhere states the directors as:

Mr Venkatesh Rao

Mr Balaji Rao

Mr Anuradha Desai

Mr Jitendra Desai

It means Venky's didn't get around to filing the accounts and triggered a standard action from companies house, who naturally assume no accounts + no contact = no longer trading.

In fairness, they ignored the letter in late June reminding them, and have received a few letters and minimal fines since missing the deadline and continued to ignore them, therefore the next stage in the procedure is the stage we are at now.

I spoke to companies house shortly after the accounts were late in July, ahead of our meeting with the football league and they explained the procedure would be 3 reminders and fines before a notice such as this would be placed after 6 months, yet it has come sooner than that.

The documentation purchased from companies house on the formation of Venkys London Limited which i have somewhere states the directors as:

Mr Venkatesh Rao

Mr Balaji Rao

Mr Anuradha Desai

Mr Jitendra Desai

In fairness, they ignored the letter in late June reminding them, and have received a few letters and minimal fines since missing the deadline and continued to ignore them, therefore the next stage in the procedure is the stage we are at now.

I spoke to companies house shortly after the accounts were late in July, ahead of our meeting with the football league and they explained the procedure would be 3 reminders and fines before a notice such as this would be placed after 6 months, yet it has come sooner than that.

Thank you.

I have been, in the past, lead to believe that you were a respected and responsible poster on here however I've got to say that this posting must rank up there with some of the all-time BS that I've read on this MB - and to be fair there has been a lot over the years.

The BRFC Action Group have chased Companies House into issuing a 3 month notice of dissolution on Venky's London Ltd - I had to read this a couple of times to make sure I had the words in the correct order. The claim that any supporters group could somehow bring pressure of bear on Companies House to issue this letter is simply staggering and does no favours whatsoever to either the name or work done behind the scenes of the BRFC Action Group.

Removing the dissolution is not an easy matter - this statement is simply incorrect. There is no Annual Retunr (AR01) overdue, as yet, so therefore the only action required by Venkys London Limited (VLL) is to submit a set of Accounts for the outstanding period, in the correct format at which point upon the Accounts being accepted and made available in the public domain the action to dissolve VLL would cease.

It appears Venky's London lawyers were caught completely by surprise - hardly a earth shattering revelation considering it has nothing to do with them and everybody to do with their Accountants.

I'm sure that philipl has been an asset to the BRFC Action Group in the past, however many more posts like that could see him subject to a posting in the nominal account to LIABILITY.

Archived