BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the top three players in the league for total tackles won (Faurlin, Cabaye and Diame) feature in our top 10 when it comes to success rate, though all of those on our leaderboard have completed at least 35 tackles this season to ensure that they truly are consistent masters of the art.

35 tackles in a season?? Even my lowest estimate was multiples of that!!

Crikey, that's a poor benchmark by anyone's standards.

35 tackles in a season?? Even my lowest estimate was multiples of that!!

Crikey, that's a poor benchmark by anyone's standards.

So do you question Kompany, Jagielka & Koscielny's success rate, as well?

You are really comparing Jason Lowe, to Kompany, Jagielka and Koscielny, too many shandies after the Agnew news methinks

Yes, that's obviously what I'm doing. Thank you so much for that enlightened insight.

If i said those three were the most successful tacklers in the PL two seasons ago, no one would bat an eyelid. Because Lowe is among them, people have to try and twist the stats to suit their perception of him. Cut the guy some slack already.

So do you question Kompany, Jagielka & Koscielny's success rate, as well?

I'm pretty sure they made more tackles than our Jase.

You've got to agree 35 tackles per season doesn't really make the % success rate very credible. It opens up exactly the kind of anomaly I'm referring to.

Yes, that's obviously what I'm doing. Thank you so much for that enlightened insight.

If i said those three were the most successful tacklers in the PL two seasons ago, no one would bat an eyelid. Because Lowe is among them, people have to try and twist the stats to suit their perception of him. Cut the guy some slack already.

Then it shows what an enlightened fool you are, Jason Lowe isn't good enough to carry their boots that is why I find it incomprehensible that you would compare him to them

So whats his current market value on championship manager ?

I'm pretty sure they made more tackles than our Jase.

You've got to agree 35 tackles per season doesn't really make the % success rate very credible. It opens up exactly the kind of anomaly I'm referring to.

Even if he's only completed a lesser number of tackles comparative to other defenders, his success rate of completed tackles is still commendable in and of itself.

Then it shows what an enlightened fool you are, Jason Lowe isn't good enough to carry their boots that is why I find it incomprehensible that you would compare him to them

You are being deliberately obtuse now. Please stop.

Until this, I thought you were just really misunderstood. Now I know you're trolling

Even if he's only completed a lesser number of tackles comparative to other defenders, his success rate of completed tackles is still commendable in and of itself.

You are being deliberately obtuse now. Please stop.

The fact you're desperately trying to make a defence by using some dubious statistic says it all. Use just your eyes to judge him, he's complete @#/?.

The fact you're desperately trying to make a defence by using some dubious statistic says it all. Use just your eyes to judge him, he's complete @#/?.

Desperate? I'm not the one trying to rubbish the stats to push their own subjective opinion.

Someone said he hardly ever wins a tackle. I've supplied stats to prove that's categorically wrong.

Not sure what replies I will get with this one but, excluding Murphy and Etuhu, name 5 worse central midfielders who have played more than 20 games for Rovers in the last 10 years.

Not sure what replies I will get with this one but, excluding Murphy and Etuhu, name 5 worse central midfielders who have played more than 20 games for Rovers in the last 10 years.

That's quite a big call given that for much of the last ten years we have been in the upper reaches of the Premiership. Plus Lowe has played a substantial amount of games at full back so comparisons with previous central midfielders are a little unfair. In terms of a positive contribution I would put him ahead of Ferguson and Grella. I would put him on a par with Andrews but obviously behind the likes of Flitcroft, Dunn, Jermaine Jones's cameo and the one and only Tugay.

I think it's fair to say that he doesn't deserve anything like the stick he gets on here although I suspect that if this forum had been around in the early 90s Jason Wilcox may have copped something similar.

You've narrowed that down beyond any real comparison, Hasta. Players to have played for Rovers over the last 20 years would have played for managers who'd have found them out long before 20 games. E.g. Goulon, Treacy, Diawara. Also, it's apples and oranges considering we were a PL team for the last 20 years. We really should be comparing him to his peers at other clubs in 2013.

To attempt to answer your question though, I can only think of Keith Andrews who was worse (in my opinion of course) but he was a lot older so didn't have as much of an excuse as Lowe. Possibly the Axe was down there (for Rovers) but at least he would put a tackle in - however awful. Pedersen is also a pretty terrible centre midfielder when he's been used there. Pedersen MkII isn't much better on the wing. Ferguson was pretty chat for us too but probably better in terms of ability. If you include defenders (as Lowe has covered at right back) you could add Gary Croft, Christian Dailly and Chris Coleman.

I'd much sooner see Lowe as squad cover either midfield or full back - or as a starter ahead of Bradley Orr. The fact he has started so many matches is down to the poor squad under Kean and the fact he was a lot cheaper than the players who were frozen out.

He's young and simply has to improve that's all but he is fine as a squad member.

You've narrowed that down beyond any real comparison, Hasta. Players to have played for Rovers over the last 20 years would have played for managers who'd have found them out long before 20 games. E.g. Goulon, Treacy, Diawara. Also, it's apples and oranges considering we were a PL team for the last 20 years. We really should be comparing him to his peers at other clubs in 2013.

To attempt to answer your question though, I can only think of Keith Andrews who was worse (in my opinion of course) but he was a lot older so didn't have as much of an excuse as Lowe. Possibly the Axe was down there (for Rovers) but at least he would put a tackle in - however awful. Pedersen is also a pretty terrible centre midfielder when he's been used there. Pedersen MkII isn't much better on the wing. Ferguson was pretty chat for us too but probably better in terms of ability. If you include defenders (as Lowe has covered at right back) you could add Gary Croft, Christian Dailly and Chris Coleman.

I'd much sooner see Lowe as squad cover either midfield or full back - or as a starter ahead of Bradley Orr. The fact he has started so many matches is down to the poor squad under Kean and the fact he was a lot cheaper than the players who were frozen out.

He's young and simply has to improve that's all but he is fine as a squad member.

I'd forgotten Mokoena. I'd definitely put Lowe ahead of him. Sunderland screamer aside Mokoena would have looked more at home at Blacksnape on a Sunday morning.

It's not about giving Lowe stick. It's about pointing out that the player is not very good. He'd be a mediocre Championship squad member but unfortunately he's been a mainstay of the first team for the last 2 years. You are correct that the likes of Goulon, Diawara got found out early so never got to 20 games. It is a summary of Rovers decline that a player like Lowe has exposed his lack of ability but still is a first team regular.

He started 30 games in the Premier League the season we get relegated and more than that last year so we have had the opportunity to judge him against past Rovers players and his peers in both the Premier League and the Championship. Unfortunately I would say as a club we haven't bottomed out to his 'level' yet.

In my opinion, as for the players mentioned who as being worse than Lowe - Ferguson was a disappointment not helped by reputation / price tag / attitude. However he had far more ability overall (and I'm including running / closing down in a players ability here). Mokoena would have been a godsend in our midfield last year. As for Andrews, he was poor but still better than Lowe or a 2013-model Murphy. The difference being he got a rough ride from people who didn't like Ince, didn't like the fact he seemed to be signed from a lower league club due to favouritism and scandalously jeered him whilst on the pitch.

He is actually better at full back than in central midfield.

Lowe will become a key player next season under GB,

Ask yourselves this.....

If Rovers made Lowe available for transfer, how many Championship teams would take him?

I'd say most of them given the opportunity.

I think the debate about him is fair enough. It's the "he's gash, end of" statements that are a bit tiresome.

Lowe will become a key player next season under GB,

Ask yourselves this.....

If Rovers made Lowe available for transfer, how many Championship teams would take him?

I'd say most of them given the opportunity.

McCann at Burnley seems to be arousing a bit of interest from Championship and Premier League clubs. Lowe is a s good as him, if not better for me.

Desperate? I'm not the one trying to rubbish the stats to push their own subjective opinion.

Someone said he hardly ever wins a tackle. I've supplied stats to prove that's categorically wrong.

Rubbish stats ?

Ok, in your own words no links please,

1). How many successful tackles per game did Jason Lowe make.

2). How many successful passes per game did he make.

3). How many assists did he make.

4). How many goals did he score.

Just to gain better understanding to your position.

Archived