BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

Harsh thread this. He's a bit of a kid who played out of position for ages. Lads his age shouldn't be played week in, week out when they are far from the finished article. It's more a case of Venkys and Kean dismantling the squad and leaving us with such inexperienced players, than the guy being "rubbish".

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh thread this. He's a bit of a kid who played out of position for ages. Lads his age shouldn't be played week in, week out when they are far from the finished article. It's more a case of Venkys and Kean dismantling the squad and leaving us with such inexperienced players, than the guy being "rubbish".

Agree Pedro. Kean is gone, but the poisonous atmosphere around our players remain. We should be more supportive about our players and making a thread about Lowe being rubbish is way off.

If we all think about none of our players have performed for the last 20 months with exception of Yakubu.

• Backroom

There's nothing wrong with the thread title or the content, really.

Lowe is rubbish at the moment. The reasons are multiple, but the fact is he isn't playing well. The thread title could perhaps be a little more considerate but on the other hand I doubt Lowe is coming on here and bursting into tears reading the thread title or comments.

I haven't seen him play this season, but he's 20 years old, played almost 40 games at prem level and is in the England U-21 team. There are a lot of positives there and he will improve with age, especially if his future will be as a defender.

Maybe his form isn't very good at the moment (I wouldn't know) but im sure himself and his advisors etc are pretty happy with his progress so far.

I haven't seen him play this season, but he's 20 years old, played almost 40 games at prem level and is in the England U-21 team. There are a lot of positives there and he will improve with age, especially if his future will be as a defender.

Maybe his form isn't very good at the moment (I wouldn't know) but im sure himself and his advisors etc are pretty happy with his progress so far.

When I read this you've got ask, are they beefing him up for a sell. One good game now for Jason, plenty of publicity to go with it pile these statistics on and bingo some sucker is going to buy it . Theres some money to be made in this game even if the team is less important today.

Agents rule and dont we know it ! arrrghh.

Not to stir the pot or anything; but are the people complaining and saying Jason Lowe is rubbish the same people who thought Kalanic was class, Di Santo would never make it and who currently think Rochina should start every week?

Just a thought.

Not necessarily.

The fact that Lowe apparently plays well for the England under 21s means I am firstly, reserving judgement until we have an actual manager....secondly, recognising the fact he is played in different positions.....and finally, remembering he's only young.

As for Kalinic, I don't think it's fair to judge players when they are only ever played out of position.....apart from the two occasions I can recall when he wasn't when he impressed me quite a lot.

Nuno Gomes should be played but he's old and Rochina should still get quite a few games and sub appearances.

Di Santo's all-round play is fairly decent he just can't finish.

Kalinic was crap, Di Santo is a poor PL striker, Rochina is a liability, and Lowe is sh!te.

Agree on the first two, completely disagree on Rochina.

Re: Lowe, I thought he'd put in some pretty decent performances at right back given his age and inexperience.

I don't think I've ever seen him have a decent game in midfield in a Rovers shirt though.

Genuine question I don't know the answer to: Is U21 level as demanding as senior level?

Archived