BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to give him credit, yesterday his hamstring went and he still made an effort to get the ball

Thought that but at the same time it seemed naive. Everyone could see his hamstring had gone. He should have gone down and stayed down. Every stride could have been making it worse and he made himself a target to be exploited. File under: brave but foolish.

I actually liked Niko but as someone stated above he didn't suit our style at the time, world-record holder of woodwork and goal line clearance efforts

I'd agree with this. A very unlucky player in that he was asked to play the role of a 6ft 3" hold-up expert and hit the woodwork so many times after carving out a chance out of nothing.

• 7 months later...

Starts tonight for the England Under 21s against Italy in the European Championships. Kick off 7:30, Sky Sports 2.

Should be a good tournament this. There's some quality players playing, a lot coming from Spain. Even some established ones like Dzagoev and Holtby are going.

I'm pretty sure this is the tournament where Rigters finished top goalscorer all those years ago. How many first team appearances did he make? I can't remember any tbh.

If he performs well for England he may get his move. Young England international so we'd want good money for him. Still think he will turn out to be a very good player but could understand him wanting away from the current circus.

Archived