BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

The fact that he's expected to take full defensive responsibility for the entire team along with the centre backs and goalkeeper certainly isn't helping. I'm not saying Lowe is a new Makélélé in the making, but I'm sure he could do a good job in a well organized side.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What attributes?

he's a league 1 full back and a league 2 midfielder

He did ok when he came in at first. Kean ruined him. He's probably Kean all confidence and is in a very bad run of form. If he's represented England under 21's and captained the under 20's then he can't be that kean can he? I reckon a better manager and coaching team would get the best out of him.

Never a midfielder in a month of Sundays. If he is going to make a career he needs to concentrate on becoming a Right Back.

To defend him a little, he was trying to run and cover a 'thousand' holes in our midfield as he was the only one moving about. Passing was terrible from start to finish.

Glad to see his "young and homegrown" lives have finally run out with everybody.

He's been crap from day one, and has never put in one performance worthy of keeping his place the following week.

I wouldn't say he's been crap from day one. He's crap now but can and should get better.

I have always viewed Jason Lowe as a player who Kean used as proof of good young players that we were producing in the academy and stuck him in the team to re-enforce this point, despite the guy clearly not being good enough.

I can see where you are coming from with the above post !!!!

At the moment he isnt good enough.... how he gets in the team is beyond me.

Said the same to someone yesterday and his answer was "yeah but he runs about alot" - is that the best defence for why he should play? Keith Andrews ran about alot, didnt make him a good player. For me at the moment he offers very little.

• Backroom

Lowe the new scapegoat. :(

That would be Danny Murphy

Lowe is just a nothing player IMO, doesn't do anything particulary well or offer anything to the team

He's not alone in it though

• Backroom

I'd only call a player a scapegoat if their performances so far did not merit criticism, but the criticism was based on past season(s) performances or prior prejudice.

Fact is Lowe and Murphy have both been atrocious so far this season, so they deserve every bit of criticism they get.

Lowe isn't being made a scapegoat. It's just that, despite the obvious commitment, he's not good enough and people are pointing this out. Football is all about opinions even if they are negative about your own players. As long as it's just opinions that's fine. Ultimately it's the manager that puts Lowe on the pitch.

What happened with Andrews was different as idiots decided to boo and jeer him on the pitch which was/is bang out of order.

Lowe belongs on the bench, maybe a run out in away games when we need the legs

However, when we're at home, he shouldn't be anywhere near the side. We need to be dominating sides at Ewood, and he doesn't have the game for that

Jason Lowe's on his own with that statement is he?

Not defending his performances but he's a young lad with potential who is totally lacking any sort of direction and guidance of any sort. What is he, a right back, central or right sided midfield?

I'm keaned if I know what he is supposed to be or how he's supposed to play or what the overall game plan is from one week to the next. Same applies to most of his team mates.

For me his best position would be midfield enforcer.

I think it's criminal to pick on a young lad learning his trade but struggling as a consequence of the chaos that surrounds the club currently.

Give the lad a break

Totally agree - until we have a decent manager in, it is difficult to make an opinion on any of the players. Yesterday you could have said Nunes - runs around a lot - but crosses awful - not too much different is it ?

For now - we just need to get behind all the players - we are (hopefully) coming out of a very dark period in Rovers history - it isn't a time to be getting on players backs.

I'd only call a player a scapegoat if their performances so far did not merit criticism, but the criticism was based on past season(s) performances or prior prejudice.

Fact is Lowe and Murphy have both been atrocious so far this season, so they deserve every bit of criticism they get.

I think this statement backs up that we should give the players time under a manager who knows what he is doing. Lowe has spent most of the season on the right wing - nobody thinks that is his best position.

I feel a bit sorry for Lowe. He's been asked to cover at RB which wasn't his position and this season he's been moved back into what is his natural position. Unfortunately for him, Danny Murphy is in there and there both doing the same job, which only requires one person.

On paper, you would say Danny Murphy should definitely get that role and I would continue with that, even though he has been woefully short this season up 'til now.

I would, for now, put Lowe back in at right back for Orr. Stick to a 442 and keep him fairly defensive and then allow for a more expressive man on the right wing. Orr has been dreadful this season and, in my opinion, Lowe is a much better defender than Bradley Orr.

Do all clubs slag off their own players as much as Rovers fans do?

Just an observation.

Lowe, Peds, Robbo, Dann, Hanley, Murphy. I just hope the next manager can unite the fanbase - but I sense that even Guardiola would have some folk moaning!

Targetting young players can be a bit unfair.

However, it comes with the territory and given that Lowe probably earms more than the Prime Minister, which is ridiculous in itself, he has to be man enough to take it.

Without setting the world alight, I thought he did okayish at right back but as a midfielder, his apparent true position, he seems lost, even in the Championship.

My personal view is that he's vastly overrated and playing in a league at least one level higher than where he would be comfortable.

I honestly struggle to see just what he brings to the party. An 'old school' football scout once told me that any player, irrespective of ability, can have a stinker but somewhere in the match, he will do at least one thing that makes you sit up and take notice and perhaps make you think that you might just be looking at a talent. I have watched Lowe on many occasions and just cannot see a spark.

Not a Lowe fan and , IMO, a talent that is a figment of Kean's imagination - enough said!

Do all clubs slag off their own players as much as Rovers fans do?

Just an observation.

Lowe, Peds, Robbo, Dann, Hanley, Murphy. I just hope the next manager can unite the fanbase - but I sense that even Guardiola would have some folk moaning!

I think a better question would be would other fans slag those players off if they were in their team? And the answer would probably be yes......although they would play better under a real manager so they would have to have had Kean as well.

Also Orr is a shocking excuse for a footballer, Givet is too short, too slow and has mentality issues, Fabio Nunes can't cross, Formica's a headless chicken, Rochina is greedy and wasteful, Vukcevic is overrated and Marcus Olsson and Edinho are terrible ;) ....oh and all the other "no-mark Portuguese players".

I much prefer Lowe at full back but I'd rather Henley and maybe even Bruno there.

Archived