BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley & Blackpool away

Hughesy

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard this is the case. It might be just as cramped, however.

We've 3400 tickets and I got 3 yesterday and am on coach 23.

Simple mathematical deduction at 50 per coach would say to me we've only sold 1150 tickets to date.

That may not be the way things are done but if it is it might not be that cramped!

I think the draconian methods, which to a point I understand, and the additional cost of imposed coach travel making the effective price of a ticket of £36.50 and just before Christmas will have deterred many.

IMO if coach travel is enforced it should be FOC as it has been in the past

Simple mathematical deduction at 50 per coach would say to me we've only sold 1150 tickets to date.

That may not be the way things are done but if it is it might not be that cramped!

I think the draconian methods, which to a point I understand, and the additional cost of imposed coach travel making the effective price of a ticket of £36.50 and just before Christmas will have deterred many.

I recall the underneath having a capacity to hold 7 people, so if it was 1,150 who turned up there'd still be no room.

If that turns out to be the case then its #### support end of, which ever way anyone wants to dress it up. Alright it is a bit of a ballache but come on this is the game everyone was screaming out for to happen regularly a few years ago. they might not sellout down here but they will turn up in their thousands even if they are bottom of the league.!

Not everyone travels by coaches, or example the corporate and staff tickets.

Havelock are running coaches as well as brown cow and I think aqueduct

Just to clear up, there's no alcohol ban. Not sure you'll be able to drink in your seats this time. You've got 3,000 tickets, as the self-confessed incompetent Lancs police want another 400 seats for segregation.

The arrangements for this game are a farce, neither side will sell out for either game and it's killing off the derby. Instead of point scoring about ticket sales, we should - just for once and once only - be in agreement on this.

I don't agree with the stance of 'it's only a bit of hassle'. What will they introduce next if they can get away with this? Newcastle / Sunderland don't have this, Man City / Utd don't either. And that's for huge crowds in big games. This is for less than 20 thousand people in a Championship fixture. Unlikely as it is, if we met in a play-off final one year, the Met police would handle the 80k crowd on a Saturday afternoon without as much fuss.

I'll admit our record in these games doesn't help at all, but the general feeling among fellow Dingles I've spoken to is that games against Bolton and PNE are way better than this.

As a matter of interest how did you circumvent the travelling restrictions? Me and my sons are travelling down from Glasgow for the game and the restrictions mean we will have to come down the night before to get to Ewood by 10am - its a bloody joke.

I'm also coming down from Glasgow for it, having to stay overnight in Preston on the Saturday then train to Ewood on the Sunday morning.

The arrangements for this game are a farce, neither side will sell out for either game and it's killing off the derby. Instead of point scoring about ticket sales, we should - just for once and once only - be in agreement on this.

I'll admit our record in these games doesn't help at all, but the general feeling among fellow Dingles I've spoken to is that games against Bolton and PNE are way better than this.

Completely agree Sam

I'm also coming down from Glasgow for it, having to stay overnight in Preston on the Saturday then train to Ewood on the Sunday morning.

Check the trains to Blackburn onSunday for engineering works.....just in case!

It's a blimmin nightmare isn't it. Leaving home lunchtime Saturday for a game on Sunday afternoon. You'd think it was half way round the world. Sure it'll be worth it when we stuff them.

Cheers mate, the 7.15 train has been replaced by a bus service and the first actual train is 8.55 so should be fine either way.

Watch out f

or buses after game as well.

It's a blimmin nightmare isn't it. Leaving home lunchtime Saturday for a game on Sunday afternoon. You'd think it was half way round the world. Sure it'll be worth it when we stuff them.

Watch out f

or buses after game as well.

Will do ,thanks.

Aye it will be worthwhile if we can get the 3 points.Booked the Megabus down to Preston from Buchanan street and it only cost 14 quid so not too bad.

I got tickets yesterday, on coach 29

Aren't they meant to be double deckers this year? So maybe capacity 80? x 29 = 2320?

That would make sense.

I know the restrictions will stop our following being as big as it might, but I'm not having for a minute that we've only sold just over 1000 for the derby, when we brought just under 1000 for Peterborough when it was on Sky

There has been a total of 49 coaches booked so far. The thing is you could have gone in today and bought some and been given coach number 1, it just depends on the size of your party, if say there is 8 of you who want to sit together they may not have space on one coach so will put you on another, if you get where im coming from.

Edit

Also the coaches hold 55 so that should be nearly 2700, plus other coaches from various pubs, would make it up to the 3000 mark, then the other few hundred a guess go to corporates etc.

Archived