BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley & Blackpool away

Hughesy

Just been down to the ticket office, no burnley ticket as we don't have season tickets and haven’t been to an away match this season.

Advised to put an application in, so we did that, the ticket office manager was very helpful by the way and sympathised with our situation (No season ticket because of kean and extensive buying history) but rules are rules, no problem with that.

We’ll see what happens.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clear up, there's no alcohol ban. Not sure you'll be able to drink in your seats this time. You've got 3,000 tickets, as the self-confessed incompetent Lancs police want another 400 seats for segregation.

The arrangements for this game are a farce, neither side will sell out for either game and it's killing off the derby. Instead of point scoring about ticket sales, we should - just for once and once only - be in agreement on this.

I don't agree with the stance of 'it's only a bit of hassle'. What will they introduce next if they can get away with this? Newcastle / Sunderland don't have this, Man City / Utd don't either. And that's for huge crowds in big games. This is for less than 20 thousand people in a Championship fixture. Unlikely as it is, if we met in a play-off final one year, the Met police would handle the 80k crowd on a Saturday afternoon without as much fuss.

I'll admit our record in these games doesn't help at all, but the general feeling among fellow Dingles I've spoken to is that games against Bolton and PNE are way better than this.

Questions should be asked as to why Lancs police can get away with it. Supporters of other clubs with equaly fierce rivalries dont have their civil liberties denied them like this. This shows that Lancs Constabulary cant handle a big profile game. You can imagine the out cry if Liverpool and United fans were messed about like this!

Anyway ticket is sorted and I'm travelling down from Scotland for The Cotton Mill Derby.

"Country Rhodes, take me home......."

Cardiff/Swansea & Pompey/Southampton have compulsary travel arrangements too when they meet.

I hear what you're saying Ben. My point was, its poor policing. Plenty of volatile games with bigger attendences dont have such draconian policing measures. They will kill the spirit and passion of this tie if they are allowed to get away with it. The only people that will suffer are ordinary supporters. The neds will make their own arrangements away from the ground.

Can we have a ban on the word draconian? It's so tiresome. Use some imagination people (without resorting to words that don't apply, such as fascist and Stalinist, as has been done).

A thesaurus link would be useful but probably a waste of time when half the folk can't spell or punctuate correctly.

My mates just rang the ticket office. They've had to ask for the extra 400 tickets and they're selling fast so get your skates on if you want one!

HaHa is your mate cocker by any chance? He's just text me a massivly excited message saying the same thing

so is that 3000 sold + extra 400 requested?

Just spoke to Rovers ticket office. Although we were allocated 3,400, Burnley gave us an initial 3,000 and we've just asked for the extra 400 which, apparently, are selling fast!!!! GET IN THERE!!! SELL OUT!!!! :this is the text I got so I presume so yeah

nice one, hopefully a win tomorrow will sway a few more and we'll sell out.

The part I always look forward to is the route into the ground when all the families drag their grandma, granddad, kids, newborn babies, dog, cat to their front window to 'welcome' the Rovers coaches into Burnley with 4 generations of the family simultaneously giving the V-signs.

Does anyone remember that guy walking alongside the road giving V's to the coaches, when he walked into a lamp-post? Brilliant.

From rovers.co.uk:

There are now a number of tickets remaining and these will be available to Rovers fans on the database. An application form is available to download below, or can be picked up from the Roverstore, Ewood Park.

The deadline for Phase 4 applications is close Wednesday 28th November.

Can we have a ban on the word draconian? It's so tiresome. Use some imagination people (without resorting to words that don't apply, such as fascist and Stalinist, as has been done).

dra·co·ni·an(dr -k n - n, dr -)

adj.

Exceedingly harsh; very severe: a draconian legal code; draconian budget cuts.

I would prefer to make my own travel arrangements and not be kept back for over an hour after the game. These arrangements are harsh, severe, stringent and a keaning pain in the arse when you have to drive back to Scotland afterwards!!

Archived