BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley & Blackpool away

Hughesy

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing that the figure of less than 2000 is based on the first phase (last Fri was only just after the first phase deadline). If so, then there were never going to be any more than 2000....or am I missing somat?

No you aren't, people are just flapping and scare mongering like they usually do on here.

None.

Trippier will hopefully lose his appeal against the red card. He's supposed to be good. Though that means little to me as I've only heard Burnley fans saying so and they rated Bradley Maylett.

Won't it only be a 1 match ban anyway? I know it was a straight red but usually it's only 3 match if it's violent conduct?

Won't it only be a 1 match ban anyway? I know it was a straight red but usually it's only 3 match if it's violent conduct?

I had presumed three, but may be wrong. What you said does make some sense. Hopefully they'll reject the appeal and stick two extra on for wasting time then.

Let him play....no potential excuses for them.....I'm looking forward to hearing how Givet had him in his back-pocket all game.

He's good from what I've seen, very good, but Rhodes is at least as good as him.

They can have all the excuses in the world, for me. As long as they are having to make them.

Martin Olsson took a dive.

I heard Dyche Vader on the radio last night. It annoyed me intently that I can't seem to work his name into the Wild Rover song.

Dyche Vader

:lol:

I still have my Empire Strikes Back 5-0 T shirt in pristine condition,

Is it a collectors item yet I wonder

None.

Trippier will hopefully lose his appeal against the red card. He's supposed to be good. Though that means little to me as I've only heard Burnley fans saying so and they rated Bradley Maylett.

Yeah he's pretty decent, had a dodgy start to the season but seems to be getting back now. Delivers a lovely cross - which Austin often benefits from

I hope Givet snaps Austin - sorry but you are the kind of supporter I simply cannot tolerate, wishing serious harm to somebody, because he plays for us? Do you know Austin? Amazing you target him when in the modern game he's probably one of the few decent blokes, one who has genuinely worked for a living before getting his lucky break.

Personally I hope Austin leathers the ball, misses and it hits you full in the face.

I hope Givet snaps Austin - sorry but you are the kind of supporter I simply cannot tolerate, wishing serious harm to somebody, because he plays for us? Do you know Austin? Amazing you target him when in the modern game he's probably one of the few decent blokes, one who has genuinely worked for a living before getting his lucky break.

Personally I hope Austin leathers the ball, misses and it hits you full in the face.

Burnley fans are no better. When you went 1-0 up at Ewood, a very large majority were singing that odious (and factually inaccurate) Jack Walker song. The way Burnley fans celebrate his death is sickening, and it's far from a small bunch who do it.

• Moderation Lead

Tit for tat aside- Trippier lost his appeal against his red, been impressed with him myself whenever I've seen him play, think he's a good full back/ Not sure of the length of the punishment.....(though I did assume 3 games, I could well be wrong).

Whenever I've seen Burnley on TV, most of the goals they concede seem to be down to poor defending or an inability to clear there lines when the ball is in the box. On the other hand they look quite dangerous going forward. Under Kean we would have lost this 5-3. Under Berg who knows !

Tit for tat aside- Trippier lost his appeal against his red, been impressed with him myself whenever I've seen him play, think he's a good full back/ Not sure of the length of the punishment.....(though I did assume 3 games, I could well be wrong).

I think a red card carries with it a compulsory 1 match ban, and 2 more added depending on the offence. Could be wrong, but I think Trippier will only get the one match.

Burnley fans are no better. When you went 1-0 up at Ewood, a very large majority were singing that odious (and factually inaccurate) Jack Walker song. The way Burnley fans celebrate his death is sickening, and it's far from a small bunch who do it.

I agree, I'm certainly not claiming I haven't read exactly this sort of thing from Burnley fans, I have and it is just as disgraceful. I don't join in with the Walker chants but they are a different kind of odious.

I think a red card carries with it a compulsory 1 match ban, and 2 more added depending on the offence. Could be wrong, but I think Trippier will only get the one match.

1 match, no extension for a frivolous appeal which often happens when you appeal and lose.

Is it Trippier who has been linked with the likes of Arsenal?

Either way, the obvious main concern is Mr Austin, I'd much rather it be him that was suspended.

I admit to being nervous, but my God the nerves are ten times less than they would be if we still had you know who in charge.

Has anything further been said about a booze ban in and around the ground? Don't think I've heard anything apart from an earlier post on here?

Archived