BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley & Blackpool away

Hughesy

I hope Givet snaps Austin - sorry but you are the kind of supporter I simply cannot tolerate, wishing serious harm to somebody, because he plays for us? Do you know Austin? Amazing you target him when in the modern game he's probably one of the few decent blokes, one who has genuinely worked for a living before getting his lucky break.

Personally I hope Austin leathers the ball, misses and it hits you full in the face.

Well said. I completely agree.

Having said that one of the worst challenges I have seen in my time of watching and playing football was mr ball on a young and lean Dunny at the turf in 2000!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't have a bumley ticket if you don't have a season ticket, WTF is all that about?

And I've not even touched on the coach only travel.......has the local plod ever considered how ludicrous it looks when we have games such as:

Man Utd v Man City

Liverpool v Man Utd

Leeds v Millwall

Millwall v West Ham

Celtic V Rangers

Yet our game is restricted beyond belief, why? Because the police can get away with it,simple as that.

keans to it, I don't want a ticket.

Spoke to ticket office earlier, no ticket unless you have a season ticket.

So basically any unsold tickets after tomorrow get sent back? Or are they implying we;ll sell out by COB tomorrow? (find it hard to believe that will be the case).

I hope Givet snaps Austin - sorry but you are the kind of supporter I simply cannot tolerate, wishing serious harm to somebody, because he plays for us? Do you know Austin? Amazing you target him when in the modern game he's probably one of the few decent blokes, one who has genuinely worked for a living before getting his lucky break.

Personally I hope Austin leathers the ball, misses and it hits you full in the face.

Maybe I dreamt that Kevin Ball got a standing ovation from all home sides of the ground on his walk off after his potential leg breaker tackle and red card on David Dunn in 2000

Maybe I dreamt that Kevin Ball got a standing ovation from all home sides of the ground on his walk off after his potential leg breaker tackle and red card on David Dunn in 2000

I imagine the reaction from our fans would have been similar if Dunn went through Ball at Ewood and got sent off.....

No you didn't - it was a terrible challenge but fortunately no damage was done. Not sure that is the same as wishing serious harm to another human being, especially outside the cauldron of match day fever, for no greater offence than you don't like the team he plays for. Like I say, that kind of thing is not for me. I can forgive anybody getting over excited in the ground, most of us have done it but I'd like to think in calmer moments I'd be a little more reflective.

For the record I don't hope any of our players 'snap' Rhodes, or any of your other players.

It's strange to attack a reasoned poster who isn't claiming to speak for all Burnley fans.

Lay off him, what was said about Austin was pretty full on and was rightly castigated.

How many people sang about Mokoena breaking legs? Obviously that's not the same as clapping a man who's just done something, but as has been said, plenty of people would have clapped had it been the other way around. I'd have clapped him for making an effort in the game, and probably given him the benefit of the doubt and figured he'd just been eager to put in a robust but fair tackle. I'd have been wrong, of course.

Spoke to ticket office earlier, no ticket unless you have a season ticket.

You're joking. I haven't got a season ticket but since keans departure not missed a home game and only missed leeds away. I never really expected it to go to general sale but if there's actually tickets left and they send any back that's a massive slap in the face for any fan who doesn't have a season ticket and wants to go. It's like 2000 again when there were tickets left, people who wanted to go but refused to sell them.

In the past the club has waved the "season ticket holders only" rule by using the database to prove you've purchased tickets before, whether it can happen this time or not I imagine will come down to the police who I believe are trying to restrict who gets tickets.

The police are also expecting trouble so will want to be abloe to identify anybody who causes trouble by having the correct details. The last thing we want is for Rovers tickets to end up in the hands of some numpties looking for trouble, or even worse some Burnley fans!

I spoke to ticket office as "phase2" ends today about prospect of a general sale and short answer is they are just subordinates who don't know and go along with whatever they're told. But did say doesn't see why they wouldn't go to people with a history of purchase at a later date.

If tickets were sent back for a policy of "only go to season ticket holders" would defo be kick in the nuts for anyone who isn't in a secure job therefore can't justify the £300ish for a season ticket but still goes to most home games and/or away who is paying the £25 individual ticket price instead of the £13 or whatever it is with a season ticket. Ironically being worse off but potentially paying more.

In the scenario of only selling to season ticket holders you are basically punishing loyal fans who have great purchase history home and away but aren't fortunate enough to be financially secure as other equally loyal fans who have season tickets and effectively make peace with not getting perks. But to send ticket back would be outrageous.

Just can't see it if there are fans who want to go. We've come a long way for stuff like that since the ticket debacle in 2000.

The "plan" for ticketing arrangements and stage release is one of those topics that belongs within the remit of information that should be " communicated" to the fans well in advance, though all channels including forums, messageboards, webites, groups and affilates. This along with concourse refreshments should be top of the agendas with other non-football or non club related developments.

I have been given a freebie (thank you if you read this).....no coach to bother with, and a drive straight to the ground. :-)

As a matter of interest how did you circumvent the travelling restrictions? Me and my sons are travelling down from Glasgow for the game and the restrictions mean we will have to come down the night before to get to Ewood by 10am - its a bloody joke.

As a matter of interest how did you circumvent the travelling restrictions? Me and my sons are travelling down from Glasgow for the game and the restrictions mean we will have to come down the night before to get to Ewood by 10am - its a bloody joke.

I assume PB has a ticket in the Burnley end, which will be OK as long as he can keep quiet.

Come on forumquizmaster, there's always more away fans than home fans in the home stands for these fixtures - at least if the internet boasts by both sides are anything to go by

Too late for me Longers, mine are winging their way to Glasgow now. My lads' first trip to your place, though they did see the Ewood derby a couple of years ago. They are used to Old Firm games but even they were quite surprised by the intensity of it all.

Too late for me Longers, mine are winging their way to Glasgow now. My lads' first trip to your place, though they did see the Ewood derby a couple of years ago. They are used to Old Firm games but even they were quite surprised by the intensity of it all.

I'm not sure this one is going to be quite the same, I'm just not getting that vibe, yet. Maybe it is to far away but I feel the restrictions are detracting from it, hope I'm wrong

Archived