BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When will Venky's go?

As the managerial charade drags on, I've been pondering one question a lot. What will it take for Venky's to consider selling the club?

Whether or not there would be viable alternatives is another matter - but at point will they have had enough and at least entertain the idea of selling?

Conspiracy theories aside, their reasons for buying the club appear to have been to promote their brand in Europe and also to provide a fashionable toy for Balaji Rao to bling around at his mates. Regarding the first point - more people are undoubtedly aware of 'Venky's' than before, but plans to open fast food restaurants in Britain have not materialised and one could argue that they have done a lot of damage to their name in business circles.

On the second - presuming that we fail to get promoted - when does Balaji get tired with a Championship club playing in front of dwindling crowds? Fans with a lifelong attachment to Rovers will always feel fiercely protective of the club, but I'm very sceptical about the attraction of our forseeable future for a playboy owner who thought getting into the Champion's League on £5 million was a realistic prospect.

Thoughts?

Lets face it, there is nothing about the whole of the Venkys tenure that can give you confidence, that our club is in safe hands.

They stumble from crisis to farce and farce again. To think we should be appeased by a "global advisor" Asian TV pundit, is again farcical.

I again state I want to be made to eat my words, but I can't see it happening.

They are Serial Keanwits. Decision after decision, has proven these people not to be fit to run our club. The new manager thread shows how desperate for a snippet of good news we have become.

The sniping and in fighting is sad because we all want the same thing. Just to be able to support our team enjoy the banter and see some good football every so often - live in hope of some achievement.

Our owners don't love BRFC, they don't like us and Shebby is just passing through hoping for a pay day & the next big gig.

We should keep them on their toes, do everything to limit the damage they cause before they inevitably leave, and then we may have something left to build on.

I posted this in another thread yesterday but I want to emphasise the last paragraphs.

As the managerial charade drags on, I've been pondering one question a lot. What will it take for Venky's to consider selling the club?

Whether or not there would be viable alternatives is another matter - but at point will they have had enough and at least entertain the idea of selling?

Conspiracy theories aside, their reasons for buying the club appear to have been to promote their brand in Europe and also to provide a fashionable toy for Balaji Rao to bling around at his mates. Regarding the first point - more people are undoubtedly aware of 'Venky's' than before, but plans to open fast food restaurants in Britain have not materialised and one could argue that they have done a lot of damage to their name in business circles.

On the second - presuming that we fail to get promoted - when does Balaji get tired with a Championship club playing in front of dwindling crowds? Fans with a lifelong attachment to Rovers will always feel fiercely protective of the club, but I'm very sceptical about the attraction of our forseeable future for a playboy owner who thought getting into the Champion's League on £5 million was a realistic prospect.

Thoughts?

Its a fair comment.Balaji gets tired very soon especially when he works out we are Sh1te and he has blown his stack in the bargain.The end game has to be in sight if as we hear , the money has run out-or at least the money they are prepared to put into Rovers has run out.

It beggars belief they are still here with all thats gone on.

Lets face it, there is nothing about the whole of the Venkys tenure that can give you confidence, that our club is in safe hands.

They stumble from crisis to farce and farce again. To think we should be appeased by a "global advisor" Asian TV pundit, is again farcical.

I again state I want to be made to eat my words, but I can't see it happening.

They are Serial Keanwits. Decision after decision, has proven these people not to be fit to run our club. The new manager thread shows how desperate for a snippet of good news we have become.

The sniping and in fighting is sad because we all want the same thing. Just to be able to support our team enjoy the banter and see some good football every so often - live in hope of some achievement.

Our owners don't love BRFC, they don't like us and Shebby is just passing through hoping for a pay day & the next big gig.

We should keep them on their toes, do everything to limit the damage they cause before they inevitably leave, and then we may have something left to build on.

I posted this in another thread yesterday but I want to emphasise the last paragraphs.

good post.the only issue is..just how do we keep them on their toes??

They should by now realise that the fans are not mugs. I want to put all forms of protest behind us, & give full support to the new manager.

They must want to gain promotion to enhance the value of their asset.

BUT they have to realise the strength of feelings supporters have for the club. We will not sit quietly whilst incompetent people ruin the legacy left by Jack Walker.

Ideal scenario - they start making some correct decisions, build the value of their asset, we get promoted - then they can sell, having regained a little dignity.

Glass half full!

I fully echo Marks words.

How I would love to be able to get to Ewood and give it a full 90 minutes of full on support like I have done over the past 40 plus years. Sadly, I am still suffering a KEANSCUMS GONE hangover and cant just tip my pockets out to dosh up my season ticket money.

Shabby sort it out. either appoint a manager or foxtrot oscar

You've asked the question we all long to see answered. Could it be that promotion is the answer?

Its certainly the only way Venkys could get close to getting their money back.

Would explain the massive financial gamble they've taken (bungled of course).

They should by now realise that the fans are not mugs. I want to put all forms of protest behind us, & give full support to the new manager.

BUT they have to realise the strength of feelings supporters have for the club. We will not sit quietly whilst incompetent people ruin the legacy left by Jack Walker.

Ideal scenario - they start making some correct decisions, build the value of their asset, we get promoted - then they can sell, having regained a little dignity.

Glass half full!

If they have realised that and it is a big IF, then the supporters have the best chance of getting them out, support the team as always but not Venkys.

If they carry on as is, then all I can see is a mass boycot,

They should have gone when they were approached about selling the club to the consortium

It would be great to get good owners, but this lot would sell it to the highest bidders and the highest bidders would likely be asset strippers. We really would become the new Pompey.

By the time this lot have done I doubt they'll be any assets worth stripping, just a mountain of debt.

We'll be sold for a quid in 2016, after promotion in 2015, from Division 2. Judan Ali walking out on us to join Aldershot was the final straw for Desai as Mrs Ali makes great cakes.

Glass half full!

+100

They'll just run us into the ground, because it's a hopeless cause trying to sell us now.

It took long enough for the trust to find buyers for us, and that was before these idiots completely wrecked us.

Singh is the new Kean and he will be harder to get rid of. He will do more damage than Kean as well.

The best thing the action group can do is buy a ticket for tonight's £50m Euro Millions draw.

I've been hoping some genuine and proud Indian Billionaire would come in and buy us due to the fact Venky's are embarrassing his nation (they're not but I was hoping a rich Indian may feel they were) and bought us.

I don't get people like Mittal though, still got a stake in QPR yet doesn't seem to care about football or want to put any money in. Why don't they just pull out completely or sell there stake and come buy us and get serious!

The next 2 years we're balanced on a tipping point. Either:

1. We get back into the Premiership and Venkys continue their bumbling, mistake-ridden ownership. Putting us constantly on the verge of dropping back out of it.

2. We don't get back into the Premiership, the parachute payment money dries up, and the club is reduced from a turnover of about £50m to one of about £10m. At that point I think Venkys would seriously consider selling up. But would anyone wanna buy us?

Although I'm not happy with what has happened during their regime - in particular the loss of Williams and Finn - I'm dreading what happens when the leave.

Options seem to be:

Worst case - they wind us up

Best case - they sell to a billionaire Rovers fan/consortia

Highly likely 1 - they sell to a chance who has no other intention but to asset strip is bare

Highly likely 2 - the call in an administrator

Possible but unlikely - they sell to a supporters trust group for a nominal fee

Probable - a supporters trust buy the club off the administrator and we start again as a newco trying to find funds to pay for Ewood.

Fantasy realms - the Walker Trust may still have ownership of Ewood and Brockhall and they somehow oversee a transition back to being a proper football club.

I've said it before but my biggest hope is that they get interested - and fast.

Maybe the installation of Singh and subsequent departure of Kean is a sign of them changing their tack - maybe not.

Their choice of next manager will speak decibels. Unde Venkys I think we are stuck with Agnew and Shaw and have to hope they both come good. I could well see Singh moving on in the next 12 months - either mission accomplished or under a cloud.

I think we are much closer to a tipping point than the end of the 2013/14 season.

There are signs that Balaji has spent his inheritance and Mrs D is back with the reins.

This extending manager search might finally communicate to Venky's they cannot do whatever ignorant reprehensible irresponsibility that passes for "running" the club and continue to maintain any semblance of pretence of being in charge.

The dump and bale out could be closer than we think/fear. They have walked away from an eight figure loss on a Balaji pipe dream before.

I think...

The trouble is that a lot of people ignore phrases like this which your posts are littered with.

Possibly because you have very "specific" thoughts, e.g. dropping in the 2013/4 season reference.

I really hope you think wrong.

I think we are much closer to a tipping point than the end of the 2013/14 season.

There are signs that Balaji has spent his inheritance and Mrs D is back with the reins.

This extending manager search might finally communicate to Venky's they cannot do whatever ignorant reprehensible irresponsibility that passes for "running" the club and continue to maintain any semblance of pretence of being in charge.

The dump and bale out could be closer than we think/fear. They have walked away from an eight figure loss on a Balaji pipe dream before.

I think we have already tipped, it just isnt common knowledge yet, that is why coco jumped ship

I'm not sure if any of this is true Philip. Balaji really wants this to be a success, of that I'm sure from what I've heard from people who have spoke with him directly. It's Madam at the top who appears to always be giving an opposing vote. He's certainly not spent his inheritance. If he had we'd be doing alright and Mrs D wouldn't have any shots to call.

Which 8 figure loss have they walked away from before?

Archived