BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean wants 1.5 mil compo

The £14.5m contract was the signed contract Kean RESIGNED from at no notice. Revidge having one of his dumb and dumber days.

So Kean wants £1.5m to sign an NDA... I bet madam gives it to him too.

I'd love Rovers supporters to get compensation from Kean for him being an obnoxious little runt who destroyed our club aided and abetted...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the worst thing KEANSCUM could dop is sue for CD. The court would have to take in his performance during the job and as we all know he has failed miserably and performed poorly. The club could easily defend itself and call fans as witnesses to it. Add the video of Sam and there is not a shred of a chance it will ever see a court room.

KEANSCUM is a KEANING CLOWN

I wouldn't give Kean a penny myself if we could help it but two things:

1) Results have gone through the floor since he walked out.

2) His lawyers will argue we can't really cite either the drink driving case or the Sam video in our defence as we continued to employ him after each of those came to light. Thereby accepting the breaches of his contract of employment.

Both sides will no doubt have dirty linen they don't particularly want aired in Court regardless of the outcome.

I'd be very surprised if a settlement isn't reached out of Court for a proportion of the sum being claimed.

Kean could also play the 'weekly budget' card and say his hands were tied in team selection.

Then there's Shebby flapping his mouth about 'points targets' and suchlike, which will no doubt aid his cause.

And god knows what else that went on behind the scenes.

The £14.5m contract was the signed contract Kean RESIGNED from at no notice. Revidge having one of his dumb and dumber days.

Are you being serious?

He has not "resigned" in the sense that he has walked out without expecting a penny. He is claiming for constructive dismissal.

Surely even you understand that . I thought you were a professional person.

So Kean wants £1.5m to sign an NDA... I bet madam gives it to him too.

I'd love Rovers supporters to get compensation from Kean for him being an obnoxious little runt who destroyed our club aided and abetted...

I thought you didn't like people being abusive? Hypocrite much?

As for the imaginary '£14.5 million contract', the article at the time said he would have only got that if he kept us in the Prem for years. Which he didn't. It was a bizarre headline to say the least.

Just run the Hong Kong tape or recount the final row and constructive dismissal falls away.

This is all about Kean selling his silence.

Kean's conduct in that instance isn't really relevant in a hearing for constructive dismissal. We didn't take disciplinary action against him for it and his departure from the club was not related to anything directly precipitated by that incident, so it is unlikely to be taken into consideration.

Likewise, we can't fall back on his unsatisfactory performance because that wasn't the reason for the termination of his employment. When all the circumstances are considered it may be that a tribunal would rule that Kean simply jumped before he was pushed, but equally they may construe the actions of Shebby Singh as having deliberately created a situation where Kean's position became untenable.

The biggest issue I can see is that most employment tribunals are held in public, so the press would be free to attend and report anything that is said. In establishing all of the pertinent facts, I can well see both sides doing considerable damage to our already tattered reputation. How many people are confident in putting Shebby on a witness stand with a gaggle of tabloid journalists in attendance? The whole thing would be a circus.

Even if we pay Kean of we're not safe since form suggests you could just buy him a few drinks and he'd be telling his story to anyone who'll listen.

This is just a shot across the bows from Kean. He is just now trying to distance himself from all the she-ite that will eventually come out by claiming this. It just shows what vermin the Rao's were taking on when they chose to get involved with this charlatan and his cronies. It is and always was just about the beer tokens for Kean.

Just run the Hong Kong tape or recount the final row and constructive dismissal falls away.

This is all about Kean selling his silence.

Well we'll have to wait and see who's right.

Obviously the lawyers acting for Kean who are in possession of more of the facts than either you or I don't share your view of summarily dismissing Kean's case otherwise they wouldn't have advised him to lodge a claim.

Like I say I expect the case to settle relatively speedily out of Court.

Kean's conduct in that instance isn't really relevant in a hearing for constructive dismissal. We didn't take disciplinary action against him for it and his departure from the club was not related to anything directly precipitated by that incident, so it is unlikely to be taken into consideration.

Likewise, we can't fall back on his unsatisfactory performance because that wasn't the reason for the termination of his employment. When all the circumstances are considered it may be that a tribunal would rule that Kean simply jumped before he was pushed, but equally they may construe the actions of Shebby Singh as having deliberately created a situation where Kean's position became untenable.

The biggest issue I can see is that most employment tribunals are held in public, so the press would be free to attend and report anything that is said. In establishing all of the pertinent facts, I can well see both sides doing considerable damage to our already tattered reputation. How many people are confident in putting Shebby on a witness stand with a gaggle of tabloid journalists in attendance? The whole thing would be a circus.

Even if we pay Kean of we're not safe since form suggests you could just buy him a few drinks and he'd be telling his story to anyone who'll listen.

That assessment is absolutely spot on imo.

We simply don't know to what extent (if any) Singh has been meddling behind the scenes since his appointment.

Even if he has, and he niggled Kean into walking out, a relatively modest payoff is a small price to pay for being rid of Kean imo.

If we'd sacked him, we'd have had to pay him off anyway.

I am no legal expert, but taking this to court is likely to result in some very hefty legal bills and there is no guarantee that we would win if it went to court.

Yup.

Although knowing Venky's flair for doing exactly the opposite to what you would expect, you would almost expect them to defend the case to the hilt, the Court case to produce a lot of of uncomfortable home truths, an outcome which satisfies neither party, and us ending up paying twice as much in legal fees as Kean is claiming.

this could be a good thing for us, if this weasel is a case in point of appointing a no-mark manager who will just keep his head down and be their yes-man, maybe mrs D will want to go a different route in the manager search and bring in someone who will have his own authority, she might not want to take the chance of going through that again

Bang on.

Having been involved in a couple of Constructive Dismissal hearings at Tribunal, I think people's dismissing the potential of the Tribunal finding in Kean's favour is a bit naïve.

I actually received the entire of my claim on the back of a couple of very specific "technical" breaches of contract. As soon as both happened, I was very aware of it and resigned immediately.

All I had to do was show how my contract had been breached in both instances and that was that.

Interestingly, the company I was claiming against (who didn't attend in person but sent a statement to be read) cited my "prior performance" as a cause for the case to be thrown out. On the one hand the judge chairing the tribunal felt the "evidence" was too vague and not solely attributable to myself, as much as the hierarchy of the company, but he noted also that the lack of disciplinary proceedings after those incidents and the fact that I was still in employment rendered them erroneous.

The fact of the matter is, I doubt any of us know the terms of Kean's employment or, indeed, if anything had been done to address his performance. Furthermore, his accepting responsibilities "above and beyond" his job description (specifically looking at having to make trips to India to meet the owners) could very easily be spun in his favour to show that he gave his absolute all to the role.

Finally, does anyone REALLY know what happened at the beginning of the season? I think if Shebby was coming out on the offensive as he did regarding the points targets, etc (in itself, possibly misconstrued as an unreasonable alteration of his job description, if not discussed with him explicitly prior to the statement being made publicly) there's a high probability that he was flexing his muscles behind the scenes. All he had to do was intrude on Kean's role and responsibilities, Kean to seek assurances and not to receive them and, as far as I understand, there's a good case for it.

If it was me, I'd look to settle around the £800k - £1m mark. It seems a very reasonable pay off for a football manager.

But then, I don't run a professional football club, so I guess it's all relative.

I may be upsetting the apple cart here, but I think it's wise just to pay him and move on. 1.5m is not a great deal more than he would have received for a sacking, relatively speaking of course.

Let's get him out of our lives for good and focus on future challenges.

I wouldn't pay him a penny. I would love to see full details of his contract in court though.

I largely agree with Earl. While I'd try to negotiate the fee downward, I'd pay him and move on.

We need to bury the past and give the new manager our full, undivided support. Reveling on the clubs trials and tribulations in separating themselves from Kean (for whom I've utter contempt) would only distract the manager, the squad and the supporters. Instead we need to be united and focused.

Just my two cents.

Of course he wants as much as he can get, he won't be working again in the near future.

It's a sad state of affairs when someone can be so unbelievably incompetent in their job yet walk away smelling of roses.

Constructive dismissal is when you resign because you feel your job has been made untenable by your employer.

To be honest, with the crap Singh's been spouting since he came here, Kean might have a case.

Nail on head.I reckon its a slam dunk win for Kean and they will pay him rather than expose Shebby who whilst bragging about sacking him actually bungled it big style and let Kean get into a constructive dismissal situation.Shebby is going to be an ongoing liability for this Club

Going back to when Kean first resigned, the advice I received from an employment lawyer was that Kean would not be able to make a constructive dismissal case stick based on what is in the public domain.

And that is without relying on the offer he is reliably reported to have made to save his job last May (17 points from first 9 games or he would go without seeking compensation).

The headless chickens are worried sick about getting him bound by an NDA though and that is what will be costly.

Nail on head.I reckon its a slam dunk win for Kean and they will pay him rather than expose Shebby who whilst bragging about sacking him actually bungled it big style and let Kean get into a constructive dismissal situation.Shebby is going to be an ongoing liability for this Club

For all the speculation about what might or might not have been in Kean's contract, the fact of the matter is: Kean is gone.

If that's the kind of "result" Shebby is capable of, that'll do for me. It was never going to be a clean break as far as the imposter was concerned.

I may be upsetting the apple cart here, but I think it's wise just to pay him and move on. 1.5m is not a great deal more than he would have received for a sacking, relatively speaking of course.

Let's get him out of our lives for good and focus on future challenges.

I think the fact that it is reletively low means his legal team think his case isn't that strong. Its more likely a shot across the bows to warn Venkys Kean is willing to make life difficult for them. Venkys paying out with out too much fuss may tell its own story, if it happens.

If the Roa's have nothing to hide then let it go to court and we will see what comes out, If the Rao's pay up before court IMO they are frightened to death of anything that may come out in court which would be interesting as possibly other parties may be involved and put themselves in the firing line.

To be honest I hope anything or everything that can incriminate anybody who may or may not have been involved in dodgy dealings comes out , I know its not a popular opinion but I would take imposed relegation to the conference if that is what it takes to rid our once proud club of all the self serving scum that may or may not have been party to the last 24 months.

how he can treat the rao's like this is just beyond me.

I've heard of hubris but never seen it quite like this before.

He's ruined a football club because he thought he was a brilliant coach who could get rovers playing pass and move football.

He was absolutely convinced that his vision for playing a passing game would work.

Sadly - his ability to actually set the team up in the correct manner were totally exposed

Steve Kean - you were given chance after chance after chance by Mrs R. You took her for a ride, because she didn't know better. You've ruined a football club for years to come and you have the audacity to claim compensation. Shame on you - I didn't think you could stoop any lower than you have done over the past 2 years, but your shame knows no bounds.

What goes around, comes around in life. And I for one will be very happy to see it when it finally catches up with you.

Archived