SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subtext : Southampton or QPR come and get me

You may be right but we have a substantial head start on those two Clubs who still had managers the last time I looked.

Get him snapped up before the other two Clubs can get round to sacking their incumbents.

glen mullan@glen9mullan

There is a willingness from both sides to have a discussion but rovers have a short list and its equally part of the equation

Oh Venkys, don't screw this up because of your arrogant 'procedures' and short lists, looking a gift horse in the mouth and all that...

Considering the short list has names like Ian Holloway and Ole Gunnar Solskjear, I would advise that we don't throw away that short list just yet.

If it's true and they then do go all out for Redknapp, do people think that this might force Sherwood's hand and resign from Spurs and make a move up as assistant manager with Redknapp grooming him as future manager?

Did they have a good working relationship at Spurs?

Seems too sensible an option based on decisions over the last two years so not getting excited yet

I've got to say I have a lot more respect for Eric Black after that interview. Can you imagine Steve Kean being questioned on the possibility of a big name manager whilst he was still 'caretaker'? He'd have said something like "I don't think anyone could do a better job than I could to be honest, I'm a young and up and coming manager and Rovers need someone like me at the helm right now"

glen mullan@glen9mullan

There is a willingness from both sides to have a discussion but rovers have a short list and its equally part of the equation

Crikey, so if Guardiola suddenly said he might be interested, he'd have to join the shortlist and wait his turn in line as well?

There's standard procedures and shortlists then there's things that suddenly crop up out of the blue and are too good to ignore.

If it's true and they then do go all out for Redknapp, do people think that this might force Sherwood's hand and resign from Spurs and make a move up as assistant manager with Redknapp grooming him as future manager?

Seems too sensible an option based on decisions over the last two years so not getting excited yet

Unless they was best friends forever and he was wiling to take a pay cut its very unlikely he'd give up Premier League Spurs for Championship Blackburn

In my humble opinion nothing would say "we want the fans back on side" like getting Harry in.

Don't pass off a fact as your opinion. :D

Crikey, so if Guardiola suddenly said he might be interested, he'd have to join the shortlist and wait his turn in line as well?

There's standard procedures and shortlists then there's things that suddenly crop up out of the blue and are too good to ignore.

As I said, considering the short list has names like Ian Holloway and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, it will be unwise to throw away the short list just yet.

Seems Harry is probably the ONLY manager we all agree on.

I'll believe it when I see it mind.

Hmmmmm!

Undoubtedly a first rate manager, but why on earth would he be interested in moving North to work for Venkys? He turned down Newcastle a few years back because it was too far.

I'm surprised nobody else has made this point, but might he be interested because of the naivety of our owners? Levy at Spurs is as un-naive as they come. How did it end? Harry was sacked despite considerable on field success. Personally I never believed he lost his job at spurs due to a few months loss of form, it doesn't add up. I really do wonder the real reason he lost his job at spurs.

And now he wants to move North for the first time ever to work for the daftest football owners of all time, where he could run the show and behave in any way that he wants.

He's a great manager for sure - but I bet he's not demanding that John Williams be returned.

Considering the short list has names like Ian Holloway and Ole Gunnar Solskjear, I would advise that we don't throw away that short list just yet.

I disagree, both of those people are currently in jobs and I see no evidence either would take the job or have been approached. Furthermore, I'd take Redknapp over Holloway in a shot even if the Bristolian mentalist was interested. I'd also take him over OGS because of his experience, we only have the predictions of SAF that Ole will be any good and given his own son Darren isn't exactly setting the world alight despite access to one of the best mentors in the world I don't see why OGS would bring any guarantee of success.

Agreed. But are they on the shortlist?

If the shortlist is actually a former player based one of Shearer/McKinlay/Sherwood and "Gaz", that doesn't look as attractive does it.

Agreed. But are they on the shortlist?

If the shortlist is actually a former player based one of Shearer/McKinlay/Sherwood and "Gaz", that doesn't look as attractive does it.

Andy Cryer said that they were on the short list in the Lancashire Telegraph, though.

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@adam_quirk There will be a Holloway update in the Mirror tomorrow. Interesting day.

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@cotty_mc Checked with Redknapp. No contact. No interest. Shebby down at Sky ... I'm sure he will address the nation soon.

He's saying that it's Holloway getting the call, more news in The Mirror tomorrow.

Thing is if they told Balaji that Redknapp was interested, he'd be running round their now with a bucket of chicken and a Rovers shirt for the photo shoot.

:D

Even if nothing comes of this latest speculation, I think it was worth it for that comment!

No way will "arry come north. Get real you people. He's a cockney boy and loves the south coast.

I think Jim's post says it all

Subtext : Southampton or QPR come and get me

Besides, what happened to the Venky's dream of a young up-and-coming manager. 'arry's nearly a pensioner!!

I'm surprised nobody else has made this point, but might he be interested because of the naivety of our owners? Levy at Spurs is as un-naive as they come. How did it end? Harry was sacked despite considerable on field success. Personally I never believed he lost his job at spurs due to a few months loss of form, it doesn't add up. I really do wonder the real reason he lost his job at spurs.

A significant number of fans were unhappy with him by the end....a Spurs mate told me that and when I briefly checked their forums before that infamous away game they were wondering what might happen if we were to go 1-0 up.

Then there was this - http://soccernet.esp...players?cc=5739

I think I read something about Joe Jordan and whoever else doing most of the training and tactics and Redknapp just motivating them.

Modric needed special fitness training when he linked up with the Croatian national team.....Parker looked knackered during the Euro's.....their first 11 was the easiest to predict in the league.

I would love him here though, don't get me wrong....mostly because some of the other candidates.....not that I think he will.

Harry "left" spurs over a champions league qualification payout. Chelsea winning the champions league knocked spurs out and redknapp still wanted the bonus for a top four finish and levvy said no. There was also other contractual issues and levvy wasn't happy about contract talls stalling when england job came up

Not a bad shout - don't think Harry would want a long term job up north.

Get us up with Sherwood - then leave Tim in charge.. I'd be happy with that.

Can I see it happening. No.

Archived