BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Holloway

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say we could have had him in charge, but we could have had him in charge.

If we don't go up and Shebby fires Berg, as I said yesterday, I hope every Rovers fan reminds him of his mistake and demands he resign.

Was I the only one who wasn't that keen on Holloway coming here?

Think he found his niche at Blackpool.

Now watch Palace go storming to promotion at our expense. :D

No, my opinion is that Holloway did a great job at Blackpool, but was found out big time in the 2nd half of that season, he's done some decent jobs elsewhere but failed at Leceister. I beleive if he didn't do such a good 'presser' he wouldn't be so sought after. He has a lot to prove in my opinion. Whatever, hope he doesn't sign for Palace before Saturday, hope they are still licking their wounds that Wee Dougie has left.

No not at all, I think he's a decent manager but whether he was the right man for us we'll never know. Might have been just the ticket or could have been a complete failure.

Some people seem to just want to get their 'I told you so' card ready

No mate I agree with you. He had a good half season when Blackpool went up and, a bit like Burnley in the early part of their PL season did well in some high profile games but lost. People took to him mainly because of his press conferences when he came across as a comedian. His stupid rantings and ridiculous analogies when he was at QPR gained him a cult following. I have come across him several times and I know quite a few players who have played for him and despite his public persona he is not a particularly nice man.

No, I did not want him.

Some manager's seem to gel with one set of players and as a result get better performances from them. They then move on to another club and it does not happen for them. A prime example was Mike Walker at Norwich, he joined Everton and never gelled.

Holloway strikes me as that type. I may be wrong but personally think we've dodged a bullet.

nope, didnt want him either. I wanted Redknapp, but more than happy with Berg. Imo, Holloway has done little bit of good things, but is he that good a manager, when you consider that he could not keep his team in the PL. In fact, i would guess that he has more managerial experience than Sparky, but Sparky achieved more with us than Holloway has done in his entire managerial career. well thats just my opnion though, i could be wrong.

nope, didnt want him either. I wanted Redknapp, but more than happy with Berg. Imo, Holloway has done little bit of good things, but is he that good a manager, when you consider that he could not keep his team in the PL. In fact, i would guess that he has more managerial experience than Sparky, but Sparky achieved more with us than Holloway has done in his entire managerial career. well thats just my opnion though, i could be wrong.

If you consider keeping a team in the premiership for several seasons an achievement then yes Sparky has done more than Holloway, but the way Holloway took a team considered favourites for relegation and got them promoted is one hell of an achievement. Still think Holloway is a one club success story. Not to be repeated.

If you consider keeping a team in the premiership for several seasons an achievement then yes Sparky has done more than Holloway, but the way Holloway took a team considered favourites for relegation and got them promoted is one hell of an achievement. Still think Holloway is a one club success story. Not to be repeated.

Perhaps, but we certainly punched above our weight, and nobody gave us much chance every season. So, while Holloway has done remarkably well with Blackpool, i think he knew that he wouldnt be able to repeat that with them again. So it is hardly a surprise, that he began to make noises about this and that, and it was just a matter of time that he would leave Blackpool.

I dont think he or McCarthy is that great tbh with you, but again, imo managers should be judged on achievements over a long sustained period of time, and not promoted one season, relegated the next. Its what you do once you get promoted, and ensuring that you stay and consolidate your place in the PL.

No I didn't want him either. Bit of a nutter in my opinion.

Archived