BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brad Friedel

meerkat

From the Mirror :

Blackburn have made a shock move to lure Brad Friedel back to Ewood Park.

Rovers boss Henning Berg offered Spurs £500,000 for the goalkeeper and is willing to give him an 18-month contract at the club where he was a hero in his heyday.

Tottenham are set to decide on the 41-year-old’s future on Thursday, with Blackburn keen to have him signed on loan before the ­Championship ­deadline at 5pm.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-brad-friedel-is-wanted-1449423

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to good to be true; he might not be the definite #1 but is still playing regularly for a club like Spurs. Would absolutely love it, LOVE IT, if he came back though!

Would have to mean Robbo is on his way out in January though; can't be paying that kind of money to two keepers the way our finances are.

Even the mere thought of this had me jumping up and down. Great move if it happens, whether he plays or not.

Another man of integrity with Rovers in his heart alongside Berg. Magic.

Although I'm with Lathund ... too good to be true possibly.

At least we'll know either way by tonight.

Make it happen.

hopefully the lure of 18 month contract apposed to 6 months will bring him home let Robbo join spurs in jan as cover for Lloris and i'm happy.

Still think Robbo is a decent keeper but his main attribute is kicking and it seems under Berg we are going for play from the back with 2 pacy fullbacks not the big punt down field even when kicking on sat night it seemed to be more mid range to who was ever on the wings not big punt up center.

I think it's a good move but suspect and hope it's as cover for Robbo and with a coaching role in mind for the future.

Brad is a legend and also very level headed, articulate and intelligent reader of the game.

I also think Robbo has suffered significantly as a consequence of the previous regime and his change in body language was plain for all to see stood behind the goal at Peterborough as was his regained desire.

I think it's a good move but suspect and hope it's as cover for Robbo and with a coaching role in mind for the future.

Brad is a legend and also very level headed, articulate and intelligent reader of the game.

I also think Robbo has suffered significantly as a consequence of the previous regime and his change in body language was plain for all to see stood behind the goal at Peterborough as was his regained desire.

:lol: that's a very polite way of putting it! I might even use that myself.

There is a rumor that Sam wants Robbo at West Ham in the Jan transfer window, maybe thats why we are going for brad.

Would love it if we can make this happen. Friedel is still in the top 3 keepers in the country in my opinion, think the stumbling block would be the drop to the championship if Spurs let him leave. Not sure of Spurs's depth as to why they would let the 1st/2nd choice keeper leave but I'd be a grateful recepitent. Friedel speaks well of the club in his book (old regime to be fair) and stated his wife "loves Blackburn Rovers" so you'd guess personal issues wouldn't block the move.

Not sure of Spurs's depth as to why they would let the 1st/2nd choice keeper leave

Hugo Lloris is an outstanding goalkeeper as well. They've got Gomes and Cudicini as backup too.

Something had to give in the Friedel/Lloris battle, and unfortunately for Brad his age was always going to count against him.

Paul goes, and Brad comes, sound great! Just a thought though. How many seasons would Brad have to play in order for Jake K. to be ready (if ever) for the position as a first choice keeper? If Brad comes here on a 18-month contract, would that be enough time to mould Jake into a Premier League keeper (assuming that we're back in the PL next season)?

Archived