BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

My one slight issue with Bellamy was the fact that I was sat at the player of the year awards the season he won the main award. He did a heartfelt speech about how it was a proper club and how he wanted to sit down and talk about a new contract. I had a brief chat to him afterwards and basically asked if he was lookig forward to playing in Europe with us the following season, and he was like "Well we'll see, a lot can happen between now and then" and basicaly completely opposite of what he'd said in public.

Lost a bit of respect for him after that, as an aside I think he signed for Liverpool a few weeks after.

Why? Things change fast in life and people always look to better themselves. Taking your Rovers hat off you know his decision, at the time, was a no brainer.

Indeed.

However:

Inclement weather

On TV

Lot of Christmas Events going on

Still not going because (insert name of poster) not happy with (insert who/whatever)

etc.

Nothing to do with that for me as I have othet obligations for the next 3 home games that were made during the age of the imposter.

I would go one step further and say all those that are going are endorsing Sky's anti-fan policy of playing games on preposterous days LOL

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it easy to park on Albion Road car park? Not bothered about waiting to get off but need to park close to the ground. What time is best to get there?

Thanks.

yesterday lol. Its near but its also a rubbly demolition site. Get there at half 6 I'd say and wait 30 mins to leave

Is it easy to park on Albion Road car park? Not bothered about waiting to get off but need to park close to the ground. What time is best to get there?

Thanks.

There's another carpark just to the left of Albion Road too which you can use.

Hope Bellamy gets a good reception. I'll never forget the home game against Middlesbrough that we won 3-2. Playing with 10 men for most of the second half and Bellamy vs 4 Boro defenders whenever we got the ball, and he ran them into the ground before scoring a scorching winner. Personally I've no problem with footballers being mercenaries as long as they bust a gut when they play for you, and it can definitely be said Bellamy did that for us that season.

It's our own fault for letting him have a low release clause, but even then that's one of the reasons he came. One of the best strikers I've seen at Ewood (admittedly based on only 12 years support, but still)!

I cannot think of any footballing reason to hate Bellamy. Even if he can be somewhat odious off the pitch.

:rock: He does loads of charity work I believe....it's on the pitch where he seems "unlikeable" if that's a real word...(as an opposition player that is).....I remember seeing him live for Newcastle and he never stopped mouthing off at the officials all game.....couldn't believe how fast he was in real life though.

I can't see the sense in booing Bellamy tbh. He was one of the best players I've seen at Rovers, certainly the quickest.

What reception does he normally get? I can't remember him being booed in the past.

I don't see why he would either.....he had a release clause, always gave his all, and had the opportunity to play in the Champions League....don't blame him one bit for leaving.

Good luck Henning tonight, just hope that Murphy Lowe and Etuhu give you a performance unlike when ever ive watched them this season. Plus lets hope Cardiff dont put too many crosses into our box tonight.

• Backroom

It kind of seems Berg still hasn't worked out our best team and is experimenting with 2 or 3 players. The wingers and the man in the hole positions still up for grabs

No Dunn on the bench still I thought he was 'fit'

Marcus Olsson..Christ almighty.

No Givet and Vuckevic again. Shock. Yet still no questions asked.

Yep, either Berg's hands are tied on some selections OR his team selections are as poor as some of Kean's. I look at that line-up and think we'll be lucky to get a draw. Not good enough support to Rhodes and not strong enough at the back. I'll be optimistic and go for a 2-2 scoreline.

What's up with Givet? Surely it can't be the famed "contract clauses" preventing him playing as he had a fair crack of the whip under Kean, can't remember if Black was playing him. I know he has a bad attitude sometimes; has he fallen out with backroom staff?

Givet isnt 1st choice. get over it.

think King and Olsson x 2 pace will trouble them for sure.

Chaddy your making yourself sound a tit with this ultra positive stance. Givet should quite clearly be first choice. We shouldn't just 'deal with it' when one of our best players isn't playing. As i said questions aren't being asked of selection policy when they should be. Simon and Givet would get in a fair few prem teams.

Chaddy your making yourself sound a tit with this ultra positive stance. Givet should quite clearly be first choice. We shouldn't just 'deal with it' when one of our best players isn't playing. As i said questions aren't being asked of selection policy when they should be. Simon and Givet would get in the majority of Prem teams.

if Givet and Simon should be playing a prem league team then why did NO team come in for them in the summer.

Berg clearly see Dann and Hanley has his best centre back partnership ATM.

Hmmmm......I can sort of see where Berg is coming from by trying to develop a CB partnership but the guy missing out is clearly our best defender so I'm not happy with that.

Lowe and Etuhu in the middle means creativity needs to come from the wings but Marcus and Formica isn't ideal for that.

Hopefully, Marcus covers for his brother on the overlap and in fairness they do have a pretty decent understanding.

If Henley gets forward enough from full-back then Formica can drift inside and influence things enough from the middle but it looks like Noone will be playing that side for them so Henley might not be able to get forward enough.

Can see Helguson winning a fair few headers tonight which is worrying.

But we have serious pace with the Olsson twins, Henley and King so that is a positive.

Our bench is one of the strongest in a while as well.

I know he's apparently injured but when was the last time Nuno Gomes played? Was it against Boro?

Chaddy your making yourself sound a tit with this ultra positive stance. Givet should quite clearly be first choice. We shouldn't just 'deal with it' when one of our best players isn't playing. As i said questions aren't being asked of selection policy when they should be. Simon and Givet would get in a fair few prem teams.

you are right Somerset.

Its a shuffle of a very mediocre deck all the time .You can guess now who will get subbed and who will come on. And the one s that come on people will say we looked ok when they came on.Then there is pressure to start them next game and they come unstuck again .

eg King/Marcus and MGP/KAZIM Baically despite having 30 odd players and a payroll the size of BP we just havent got quality.

Please go and prove me wrong boys!!

Berg needs a result after that team selection.

Unbelievable that Givet not chosen again - would also love to see Simon start and let's see what he's made of, others have had enough proper chances.

Think my draw might be looking a bit too optimistic now.

Archived