BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

• Backroom

if we lose tonight I think that we can almost kiss automatic promotion goodbye.

It's already very, very unlikely we'll achieve automatic promotion. We've arguably dropped too many points already and we're not likely to go on the type of run necessary to get ourselves back into contention (essentially win all of our home games and not lose the majority of away games from now until the end of the season).

Lose tonight and we can pretty much resign ourselves to another season in the Championship - unless there are widespread changes in January, which I somehow doubt will happen.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight for me the players need to show some pride. I'm talking the likes of Murphy, Etuhu, Olsson, Robbo, Gamst - players who have been performing far below their expected standard. Surely these guys won't want to get the run around from a group of Premiership nearly men? Fight for everything and show Cardiff why you made a living in the PL for so long.

I've got a good feeling about tonight. I've felt that the players have been a bit arrogant this season when playing certain teams, just expecting to turn up and win without putting the required effort in. With Cardiff being top of the league and having some very good players, the Rovers players will know they'll have to work hard tonight.

As for Bellamy... The Welsh tosser can go get keaned

Lovely stuff. He gave 120% for us every week and performed better for us than any other club? Left when one of the then "Big 4" cam ein for him. Sometimes our fans attitude to ex players is embarrassing. Very "small town."

• Backroom

It's our own fault for letting him have a low release clause, but even then that's one of the reasons he came. One of the best strikers I've seen at Ewood (admittedly based on only 12 years support, but still)!

I cannot think of any footballing reason to hate Bellamy. Even if he can be somewhat odious off the pitch.

Today Berg will have almost all players available for selection. Only Best and Gomes are injured.

Maybe it was time to try something diferent. a 4-2-3-1 with 3 offensive midfielders supporting Rhodes.

Something like this:

Robinson

Henley, Givet, Dann, Martin Olsson

Etuhu, Lowe

CKR, Murphy/Dunn/Rochina, King/Nunes

Rhodes

When the team defends it would be a 4-5-1. The full backs should support the attack with both Defensive midfielders serving as support for them.

Why would anyone want to boo Bellamy ? Always did his best in short time here and always spoke well of the club after. Mind you when people constantly boo their own players i suppose it's to be expected :(

Anyway can't see us getting anything tonight for the simple reason we will always concede but im going for heart over head and say..

2-1 Rovers (Rhodes x2)

I'll be clapping Bellamy-one of the few players in recent history that got the crowd of their seats when he got the ball-he made things happen. We could do with his pace right now. Hope the midfiled is up for a battle in the cold-not a night for softies. Consider Givet over MGP-moving Olson forward IMO--Rovers to win 3-1. 14, 001. (Rhodes, Murphy (Pen) and Dann).

• Backroom

Today Berg will have almost all players available for selection. Only Best and Gomes are injured.

Maybe it was time to try something diferent. a 4-2-3-1 with 3 offensive midfielders supporting Rhodes.

Something like this:

Robinson

Henley, Givet, Dann, Martin Olsson

Etuhu, Lowe

CKR, Murphy/Dunn/Rochina, King/Nunes

Rhodes

When the team defends it would be a 4-5-1. The full backs should support the attack with both Defensive midfielders serving as support for them.

Formica won't be dropped he's been one of the most consistent players since Berg came in

I expect

Robbo

Henley Dann Hanley Olsson

Formica Lowe Murphy king

Rochina (or Dunn or CKR)

Rhodes

As for Bellamy... The Welsh tosser can go get keaned

Bellamy is probably the best and certainly the most exciting player we've had at this club since Shearer in my opinion.

He did nothing wrong and should be held in high esteem not abused.

My one slight issue with Bellamy was the fact that I was sat at the player of the year awards the season he won the main award. He did a heartfelt speech about how it was a proper club and how he wanted to sit down and talk about a new contract. I had a brief chat to him afterwards and basically asked if he was lookig forward to playing in Europe with us the following season, and he was like "Well we'll see, a lot can happen between now and then" and basicaly completely opposite of what he'd said in public.

Lost a bit of respect for him after that, as an aside I think he signed for Liverpool a few weeks after.

Bellamy is probably the best and certainly the most exciting player we've had at this club since Shearer in my opinion.

Bellamy was brilliant for us. A top, top, player who gave his all and dragged others along with him whilst improving standards. Why anyone would want to boo him is beyond me.

I did laugh at Bellers quote in Savage's autobiography. Sav commented to Bellers once about how fortunate they were to play for a team with a history as proud as Rovers'. Bellamy then responded that Rovers were fortunate to have him! He was right of course.

Could potentially rip Hanley a new one tonight and given that he's barely done anything all season he'll probably find form tonight.

Apparently it has been a good week in training so I am hoping/praying that tonight we can translate that into a much needed 3 points. The hope that I cling to is that when Hughes took over, albeit in very different circumstances/better opposition and around 10 games in suddenly everything clicked, prior to that people were wandering if he was the right man for the job after shakey start. I am desperately hoping/praying that from tonight onwards things start to click, if we lose tonight I think that we can almost kiss automatic promotion goodbye.

Last time I heard that "it has been a good week in training", we went to Wigan and got hammered in what proved to be Ince's last match. Let's hope that history is not about to repeat itself !

I think auto promo has gone, much moreslippage and it could even be a battle to make the play-offs.

Still fancy a draw tonight provided we can containers Bellamy and that's a very big if !

Lovely stuff. He gave 120% for us every week and performed better for us than any other club? Left when one of the then "Big 4" came in for him. Sometimes our fans attitude to ex players is embarrassing. Very "small town."

Did he?

I thought he went to Liverpool. :P

Last time I heard that "it has been a good week in training", we went to Wigan and got hammered in what proved to be Ince's last match. Let's hope that history is not about to repeat itself !

I think auto promo has gone, much moreslippage and it could even be a battle to make the play-offs.

Still fancy a draw tonight provided we can containers Bellamy and that's a very big if !

Reading showed that auto-promotion is still an option - though unlikely I will admit. Top 6 is another matter - still more than half a season to go - as long as we don't drop too many points between now and the next transfer window - anything is possible.

A little tale about Bellamy

My nephew was riding home teatimish from Myerscough College on his Moped way back when Bellamy was at the Rovers

someone in a car pulled out at the junction on Longsight Rd near Brockhall, crashed into my nephews Moped knocking him off

while he was laying on the the road with his leg smashed Bellamy (who was coming out of the same junction) rushed over to see if he could help.

my nephew said afterwards that Bellamy had stayed with him at the side of the road until an ambulance arrived.

A day later Bellamy went to visit him at the hospital

Bellamy Top Bloke.....

I'm sure he's only ever had good things to say about us as well.

It's not like we collapsed after he left either, the money was used to bring in Santa Cruz and we continued to be successful.

Lovely stuff. He gave 120% for us every week and performed better for us than any other club? Left when one of the then "Big 4" cam ein for him. Sometimes our fans attitude to ex players is embarrassing. Very "small town."

I believe the ill will comes from the fact that someone told porkies about Bellamy having a release clause. That said he was in a class of his own, superb footballer on his day, single handedly won us games.

Archived