BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott Bristol City Cup Game - AFC Darwen Instead

Anyone attending any home games is a supported of the owners. No one should venture on to Ewood until they are gone.

2/3 of Rovers supporters have already taken this action judging by the 8k reportedly on v Cardiff.

Going to games no matter what you do when you're there gives thses crooked owners legitimacy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is absolutely no point in going to a single Rovers match again. The Bristol City match should be boycotted, but so should all future Rovers fixtures.

Yes, unless you're happy watching Judan Ali and Shebby Singh's blue & white army.

I am in the horrible position of maybe stupidly buying a half season ticket the moment "Baldy Jock" went. I may have been under a misconception that things were about to change, mistakenly as it turns out, but I just needed the hope.

I boycotted for all the first half of the season, after following faithfully for years, just like thousands of others.

Since I have the season ticket I to will go. Certainly not to cup games but to expect me to throw away a costly ticket? No fear.

I also have to say that having boycotted myself, it is much much easier to do it when you buy tickets on a match to match basis, as it is when you live abroad.

We are all seeing our beloved club die a slow death. Its like watching my dad die all over again. I am determined to be there at the end.

Anyone attending any home games is a supported of the owners. No one should venture on to Ewood until they are gone.

2/3 of Rovers supporters have already taken this action judging by the 8k reportedly on v Cardiff.

Going to games no matter what you do when you're there gives thses crooked owners legitimacy.

Doesn't matter how many fans don't go, the attendance will be given as ST holders + away fans.

If there is a deathly empty stadium with a giant banner reading "We're not coming back until Venkys leave" or something of the sort, some major news sources will have to take notice. If it continues for a number of games, hopefully the players will start demanding answers too. Quarantine Ewood until the Vekys disease is gone.

I understand the sentiment CLB, but I don't think you need to call got for a boycott as thousands will already have chosen not to attend.

The Darwen match is an interesting prospect, we may come along if only to help swell the coffers.

The owners could rename us Burnley Reserves, change the kit to Claret and Blue and remove the statue of uncle Jack and some people would still go. In essence the owners are seriously taking the P155 out of each and every fan and unless we start to rebel by not going we are sanctioning what they are doing. A statement has been released today by BRAG which pulls no punches and I understand Singh has been put in his place by them too. We need to ramp up the pressure and if it takes boycotting to do it, then so be it. United we stand divided we fall and the fall here is the very existence of our club.

If there is a deathly empty stadium with a giant banner reading "We're

not coming back until Venkys leave" or something of the sort, some major

news sources will have to take notice. If it continues for a number of

games, hopefully the players will start demanding answers too.

Quarantine Ewood until the Vekys disease is gone.

We'll look stupid though, because even if/when venkys leave the fans wont come back. I fear we'll never get our fanbase back to what it was 2/3 years ago. Sad, sad times. Oh, and how some of you are wishing that Rovers will go bust one day is something i can't understand, i could never wish that.

Well for the first ime in 46 years I'll be voting with my feet and giving my hard earned to AFC Darwen.

The managerial shortlist is a complete joke, as was the last one and the buffoons in India continue to take the proverbial big style.

There just is no end to this 'death by a thousand cuts.' No other business would treat its paying customers wih such utter contempt.

The weather in Darwen is set to be fine on Saturday (that's a first) so let's hope the pitch has dried out and a fair few Rovers fans give their near neighbours a much needed financial boost.

Fans boycotting home games finally got Venky's to smell the coffee regarding Kean so let's hope further boycotting will get them to realise that running Rovers is just not worth the effort, as little as that is.

Well for the first ime in 46 years I'll be voting with my feet and giving my hard earned to AFC Darwen.

Fans boycotting home games finally got Venky's to smell the coffee regarding Kean so let's hope further boycotting will get them to realise that running Rovers is just not worth the effort, as little as that is.

Did it get anyone to smell the coffee? Kean was not sacked he quit.

FA Cup gates have plummeted in recent years at most, if not all, clubs. However small the gate is tomorrow it will just be construed as part of this general pattern and won't make one bit of difference to whether or not Venkys leave. Any attempt to persuade fans not to go into the ground will also serve to demonstrate further division at the club, and will spoil the day for those who want to watch their team, not those who run it. This game is a real opportunity for the team to get more of a winning momentum, and we should not be doing anything to harm it. I'll be there enjoying my Saturday afternoon football at Ewood Park.

Did it get anyone to smell the coffee? Kean was not sacked he quit.

He was about to be sacked, so jumped ship first for maximum pay-off.

The boycott worked, no doubt about that.

Boycotting on Saturday won't work because FA Cup games are poorly attended these days, but it'll make the people boycotting feel a whole lot better I'm sure of that.

Stick your other clubs up your ass!

Thanks for that - Happy New Year to you.

Remember....do nothing and nothing will change. The staus quo will remain and the ever downward spiral will continue.

The apathy of the general support (but not all) at Ewood is unsurpassed.

It started with 'let's send e-mails' followed by the odd petition, followed by a few banners that had to be withdrawn from view. Remember our stewards are mainly the wrong side of sixty and six stones wet through. They won. Fair play to the protesters, they got off their arses and did something before and after some games. I attended a few myself but the protests hardly challenged the authorities. There would have been more trouble at a five year old's birthday party (not that I'm suggesting anything untoward should have happened).

In the end, the only thing left to do was boycott home games. Surprise, surprise some success with Kean walking after discussing terms with the Dark Side. Please don't suggest he simply resigned. He had a skin thicker han a siamese rhino.

I prefer the demo route myself. Proper demos that proper football fans would do. Unfortunately only a thousand max (and usually far, far less) could be bothered do do 'owt. We had a home support in excess of 20k and at the end of each game, as the trapdoor opened, virtually everyone simply walked by and went home. Just imagine the effect if 5k or more had stayed behind to vent their spleen.

You've got to remember, however, that is the modern Blackburn. We're not a Wolves, not a West Brom, not a Millwall, not even a Burnley as much as that pains me to say. When I grew up watching the Rovers in the 60s and 70s if we had somehow won the league, won the league cup, played in Europe for several seasons, generally had twenty good years and then some nomarks from India had come in and systematically desroyed the club from within, then relegated us, there would have been absolute bedlam. Those lads on here that travelled the length and breadth of the country in those golden 'Ewood Express / League Liner days' will know what I mean.

We have got to make it as uncomfortable as possible for Venky's to run this club. We have got to make them admit that running it is just not worth their while. Unless someone can tell me otherwise, every route has been tried. The only action left to us everyday supporters is to boycott matches. I never in a million years thought I would boycott myself but if that is what it takes, that is what it takes.

The irony in boycotting tomorrow is that this is just the sort of game that should be boycotted in our circumstances but in fact it isn't. The modern way sees the FA Cup as an annoying distraction to the tedious boredom of league football, don't get beaten at all costs football. We're not in the PL anymore so the FA Cup should have seen an increase in the attendance at Ewood and a chance to see an exciting, end to end game of football. Perversely, the modern way prefers the former and this has transcended itself to the lower leagues.

Anyway, I digress. I'll be boycotting tomorrow and am looking forward to the game at Darwen and doing my near neighbours a financial favour. It may catch on.

Do nothing and nothing will change.

• Backroom

But it's hardly a boycott when most people don't want to go anyway

If you want to make a point with a boycott then do it in a game people would want to go to normally

Try suggesting boycotting the burnley game and see the response

• Backroom

I sometimes go depends on the price if I'm honest and I think that's pertinent, had this been £10 a ticket we would see less of a 'boycott' than we will now.

Don't get me wrong we could give them away for free and still not sell out at the moment but I think the £15 for BBE will be putting a lot of season ticket holders off

But it's hardly a boycott when most people don't want to go anyway

If you want to make a point with a boycott then do it in a game people would want to go to normally

Try suggesting boycotting the burnley game and see the response

The point I'm really trying to make Tom, is do nothing and nothing will change.

We've now got to up the ante but I know that in reality this won't happen for many of the reasons I've already outlined.

I've reached the end of my tether with Venky's, just happens to be the cup game.

I am still a season ticket holder and must now decide wether or not I still want to attend for the rest of the season.

I never normally miss a Burnley game and would hate to see as many Burnley fans on Ewood as Rovers fans. If the status quo continues that may happen.

Think you guys have picked the wrong game to boycott Ewood tomorrow.

One would think that you are using this as an excuse because its not such a high profile a game, silly really, when the young lads trot out tomorrow with a new inexperienced senior management team out there as well.

Just my opinion of course... but the Burnley game should be the exception to any rule. Local pride is far more important than trying to prove a point. We need to fill the ground for this and put everything to one side even if its just for that one day.

Archived