BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Backroom

If DJ has signed a contract with us, does it not mean that he's our player? I was under the impression that he's our player now, but the transfer paperwork didn't go through (although a signed contract is legally binding).

So he's our player but can't play for us til next season unless QPR loan him to us before then.

I hate this BS. What's going on exactly?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really make any difference, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnsn, Jamie Mackie and Jay Bothroyd are all still ahead of him. Harry has even used Taraabt in the lone striker role once.

Bloody Ell, Andy Johnson. Seems like yesterday that he was on the verge of signing....

Zamora, Johnson.. that was always Hughes' downfall at City and at QPR. He always signed his past players and you can't do that because you're then asking your new squad to adapt themselves to those players in the same way your old team did which is impossible.

• Backroom

Not really happy with those loans, CM and defenders should be the priority.

Lee Williamson on a free could be a good buy. The cb bit does worry me a bit tho. If we get an injury or suspension, can we rely on givet and henrique?

God is a DJ...

No.

If DJ has signed a contract with us, does it not mean that he's our player? I was under the impression that he's our player now, but the transfer paperwork didn't go through (although a signed contract is legally binding).

So he's our player but can't play for us til next season unless QPR loan him to us before then.

I hate this BS. What's going on exactly?

I think the contract will have had specific dates on it for when it began and started. Since the transfer was not ratified and therefore he didn't join us on that date, it will invalidate the contract. That's a guess but I imagine it being like that.

And for LB, we only have one player. All other are adaptations.

Hope Williamson is the player we need.

I also expect that Robinson, Gomes and Dunn go out on loan or sold.

Don't think any of those will happen.

Dunno how kosher this is bit I heard on the grapevine tonight that the whole transfer day shooting match was stopped because the 'kicker' to all the deals was Robinson moving out. The Venky's quite sensibly wanted him off the wage bill before they would move on bringing anyone in but Robinson decided to play hard ball and refused to leave unless the club paid his contract up in full. The result of this contractual 'blackmail' was a situation which did not resolve itself.

Dunno how kosher this is bit I heard on the grapevine tonight that the whole transfer day shooting match was stopped because the 'kicker' to all the deals was Robinson moving out. The Venky's quite sensibly wanted him off the wage bill before they would move on bringing anyone in but Robinson decided to play hard ball and refused to leave unless the club paid his contract up in full. The result of this contractual 'blackmail' was a situation which did not resolve itself.

I hope this is true. Either way, providing we get them in on loan I'm not overly bothered about the end of the window. As Appleton said, it meant he had one game without some of the players he wanted in and that was at home to bottom of the league, following an away 3-0 victory. Lessons to be learned if it was inadequacy you would hope, but fair play if it was hard ball. We've seen it before when selling players.

Archived