BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long way off I know but if they are loans, some of which only last 93 days,would they go back to their parent clubs before the play offs? I know in previous seasons some players haven't been able to play.

I shouldn't worry mate. I cant see it making any difference to us.

and if it does we will just be thankful to be there ( though inevitably we will think back to the fiasco on Jan 31st ).

Thats very true.

While i hope we hit a good run and make the play offs, in all honesty i am prepared to give Appleton this season as an extended pre-season for the next campaign. I have seen enough to suggest this bloke has the essentials to be a decent manager and i hope he is given the tools (by the tools) to have a good crack at promotion next season. I happen to agree with Philip that Rhodes will be sold in the summer, but we just have to hope that we can find a striker who can be paired with Best next season and they can both chip in with the requisite amount of goals to mount a promotion charge. Not all successful strikers in this division need to cost £8m. We just happen to be lucky enough to have one at the moment.

While on the subject, can you just imagine how good Rhodes would have been in that Souness promotion side? Good god, with the football we played and the service available he might have hit 40 goals that season. He's got a big big future that lad.

Thats very true.

While i hope we hit a good run and make the play offs, in all honesty i am prepared to give Appleton this season as an extended pre-season for the next campaign. I have seen enough to suggest this bloke has the essentials to be a decent manager and i hope he is given the tools (by the tools) to have a good crack at promotion next season. I happen to agree with Philip that Rhodes will be sold in the summer, but we just have to hope that we can find a striker who can be paired with Best next season and they can both chip in with the requisite amount of goals to mount a promotion charge. Not all successful strikers in this division need to cost £8m. We just happen to be lucky enough to have one at the moment.

While on the subject, can you just imagine how good Rhodes would have been in that Souness promotion side? Good god, with the football we played and the service available he might have hit 40 goals that season. He's got a big big future that lad.

Would you swap him for Jansen then ? Matty was twice the player Rhodes is now.

Would you swap him for Jansen then ? Matty was twice the player Rhodes is now.

Heavens no! And no again! Jansen was a sublime footballer. But Rhodes and his finishing ability would have cleaned up in that side. Alongside Jansen would have been a real treat. Bent was too hit and miss for me. On his day he was unplayable, but all too often he went missing.

I was under the impression our fax problem would result in the resignation of Appleton and the two players not touching us with a bargepole, whereas it seems they are delighted to join on loan, having missed only one match we won comfortably, and we can evaluate them without being stuck with massive contracts.

Not quite a disaster then.

I was under the impression our fax problem would result in the resignation of Appleton and the two players not touching us with a bargepole, whereas it seems they are delighted to join on loan, having missed only one match we won comfortably, and we can evaluate them without being stuck with massive contracts.

It's funny what happens on here and what happens in the real world.

No, not a disaster but could still come back to haunt us if we somehow manage to get in the play offs.

• Backroom

If only every club in the world operated the way we do, eh?

Have you not heard we are selling everyone and winding the club up soon. And could you not have given us a name where ever you heard or read this there was a name.

If only every club in the world operated the way we do, eh?

Look at forest the model is catching on.

Archived