SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ Campbell @RealDJCampbell

After 5/6hours we went & had lunch 2 discuss the situation where then we decided 2 go bk home due 2 the lack of respect shown by hull end of

Respect? Why would anybody respect an ill educated bog ordinary football journeyman? I don't like him already.

Failing that he should be binned. A complete shamateur.

Echoes of missing out on Roy Kean cos the office was shut and the lights were out at 5pm on a Friday! :glare: How many millions was that amateurish cock up worth?

A good peice in 'When Saturday Comes' Feb copy that chimes with this. The gist is a comparison between Swnasea and Blackburn, and it has a number of great comments and truisms.

One para records that in a Sporting intelligence poll of a thousand fans around the country, Blackburn "fended off stiff competition for the title of worst-run club". (Last nights events will have surely cemented that position.)

The article goes on " worthwhile advice has been lacking at Blackburn ever since the owners Venkys took over in November 2010, while being unaware it is said that there was any such thing as relegation".

Sadly it also mentions that "Blackburn get more media coverage now than in any time since their title-winning heyday, though it rarely shows them in a good light". I really enjoyed the next bit.........

"In a recent radio interview the club's 'global advisor' Shebby Singh acheived the unique distinction of being made to look a fool by Robbie Savage"

The general malaise affecting Rovers is beginning to get out there and imortantly it is being recognised as being primarily due to incompetence at all mangerial and strategic levels of the club. Hopefully Venkys PR company are subscribers to When Saturday Comes........

The doubts I have about the Thomas is what's in it for Wba. If they had sold him to us then they'd have got a fee. He's out of contract in the summer so rovers wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee for him if they took him on loan and signed him in the summer. It would make more sense for wba to keep him until the end of the season now and get some game time from him, particularly as they are short of wingers.

Edit: that should read 'the Thomas transfer'

With respect it was a bit mental at ours last night with the fool sat on QPR's car park. I think Thomas is under contract for another 12 months (not sure though) hence the loan, as our chairman would usually sell in that situatiom. It all depends with what happens with Odemwingie in the next week or so

I can't see why Campbell will come on to Rovers when Crystal Palace were apparently chasing him yesterday. Whilst they presumably couldn't match the terms offered here that will not be an issue for a loan deal. CP keeps him in London, with a decent chance of promotion and playing for Holloway again.

So after the past 2 years you were shocked by yesterday? The penny may eventually drop but you're taking your time 47er! Didn't mention Orr in my post and Slew has gone OUT on loan.

12milesfromewood mentioned them in his post and you said it was "the best post of the day"!!!!!

A good peice in 'When Saturday Comes' Feb copy that chimes with this. The gist is a comparison between Swnasea and Blackburn, and it has a number of great comments and truisms.

One para records that in a Sporting intelligence poll of a thousand fans around the country, Blackburn "fended off stiff competition for the title of worst-run club". (Last nights events will have surely cemented that position.)

The article goes on " worthwhile advice has been lacking at Blackburn ever since the owners Venkys took over in November 2010, while being unaware it is said that there was any such thing as relegation".

Sadly it also mentions that "Blackburn get more media coverage now than in any time since their title-winning heyday, though it rarely shows them in a good light". I really enjoyed the next bit.........

"In a recent radio interview the club's 'global advisor' Shebby Singh acheived the unique distinction of being made to look a fool by Robbie Savage"

The general malaise affecting Rovers is beginning to get out there and imortantly it is being recognised as being primarily due to incompetence at all mangerial and strategic levels of the club. Hopefully Venkys PR company are subscribers to When Saturday Comes........

I posted exactly this on Saturday - I think in the Trust thread. It was a good piece. The media coverage thing was particularly telling.

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/28002-rovers-trust/?p=1370450

I can't see why Campbell will come on to Rovers when Crystal Palace were apparently chasing him yesterday. Whilst they presumably couldn't match the terms offered here that will not be an issue for a loan deal. CP keeps him in London, with a decent chance of promotion and playing for Holloway again.

maybe he wants to play for Appleton.

maybe he wants to play for Appleton.

Maybe he's been offered more money than anyone else will pay him! More likely?

some of us do hav jobs to do.

some of us are not sit on our pc keyboards all day

You seemed to be before the Window closed.........

Sorry - didnt see that.........

Hey bud, no apology needed, it wasn't meant as a dig. Great minds and all that.

It made me think (again) that maybe they do have a plan - and it's not good for us!

Ruben Rochina Naixes@rubenrochina23

i want to say my decision to leave blackburn was only looking for play min not beacuase i want leave the club!

Well if he'd learned when to pass the football, for the better of the team he is playing for - then he'd of played every minute of every game.

Great ability, poor football brain - but I have to say that because of his outstanding ability I would still be investing in him n surprises me cause I have never been more frustrated by any player before.

Let's hope he omes back into the fold with an improved appreciation of what makes a good footballer - teamwork.

Once again people are trying to justify selling good players (without even replacements this time) by making out they weren't actually that good in the first place, past it, couldn't pass,couldn't shoot, bad attitude bla bla bla bla

Think of who has left in the past two years - Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, Zurab, Jones, Salgado, Roberts, Diouf, Hoilett, Chimbonda, Jacobsen, Benjani, Yakubu, Nzonzi now Rochina, Simon, Formica and there's plenty more. Now I could find arguments why it was ok for all these to have left somewhere on this mb, but they've all been replaced by inferior (that's the nice word, i mean crap) players. Before long we'll be selling more of our current lot and downgrading our squad a bit more.

Once again people are trying to justify selling good players (without even replacements this time) by making out they weren't actually that good in the first place, past it, couldn't pass,couldn't shoot, bad attitude bla bla bla bla.

And refer to them pejoratively as "Carlos Kickaballs" - which is just deeply ignorant and bigoted.

Transfer dillydally day poses a serious theoretical question based on a previous one

If you put an unlimited amount of nob enders in a room with an unlimited amount of fax machines for an unlimited amount of time will they eventually press the right button ?

Transfer dillydally day poses a serious theoretical question based on a previous one

If you put an unlimited amount of nob enders in a room with an unlimited amount of fax machines for an unlimited amount of time will they eventually press the right button ?

You think it was incompetence??

You think it was incompetence??

At present yes, but the thought did cross my mind that its rumoured that pne and minipne are going to be judged by the chicken lords at the end of the season on the bottom line, so saving a transfer fee, signing on fee etc is more of a saving than paying a loan fee or percentage of wages. Also be interesting to see who offers players in the loan window

Once more you could weave a King Size Duvet between the promise and delivery of the imprudent buffoons "running" the club. Running it where to who knows? Decades of Npower obscurity? All we ever here is spurious eloquence and the pie-crust promises of Shebby the unimpeachable clown. Time and again. Evidently the only warmth at Ewood comes from the back of the computers.

They have and continue to physically shrink the club:

A now crap playing squad that's piece de resistance was meant to be a "Premier League standard" midfield axis - and lord knows they're on Premier League salaries - problem is their obligatory lethargy and general mediocrity make Garfield look like Robbie Savage. Then Shebbys Portuguese profligacy: vainglorious madness.

A boardroom occupied by mainly worthless bell-wastes without merit who wincingly failed to conclude the most uncomplicated of transfers. The lot of them are bread pudding to JW and TF's soufflé and yesterday it was once more brutally apparent just how severely every department of a plucky, thriving and indeed envied club has been diminished in wrecking ball fashion.

And what of the fanbase, or at least what's left of it. Yes many of a fickle disposition balked at life outside the Premier League, but its still lost revenue. Floundering in the mud and nettles of the Championship playing uninspiring football under more managers in half-a-season than the Trust hired in 10 years after Jack's death simply will not compel any stay-away to return. Who ever cared about the FF/AG minutes by the way? Yet now we are indulging ourselves in this inconsequential trivia and assassinating characters we've never met. Whats that all about?

2 years of "How not to run a football club" really has taken its toll. Thats the Venky legacy: Wreckage and ruin. Not a tear was shed for Kean outside Braddocks bedsit when he left and yet that window of opportunity has been completely squandered, that more than anything highlights their stupidity and demolition of the entire clubs self-esteem.

They are simply incapable and unfit. Obnoxious and completely hateful with it.

And refer to them pejoratively as "Carlos Kickaballs" - which is just deeply ignorant and bigoted.

Don't talk crap and don't be such a precious puff!! I use Alan Sugar's 'Carlos Kickaball' more than most cos it's good and descriptive to describe overseas mercenaries. However I don't place over half in that list as remotely such. The likes of Samba, Nelsen, Jones etc certainly not. They always put a real shift in.

Once more you could weave a King Size Duvet between the promise and delivery of the imprudent buffoons "running" the club. Running it where to who knows? Decades of Npower obscurity? All we ever here is spurious eloquence and the pie-crust promises of Shebby the unimpeachable clown. Time and again. Evidently the only warmth at Ewood comes from the back of the computers.

They have and continue to physically shrink the club:

A now crap playing squad that's piece de resistance was meant to be a "Premier League standard" midfield axis - and lord knows they're on Premier League salaries - problem is their obligatory lethargy and general mediocrity make Garfield look like Robbie Savage. Then Shebbys Portuguese profligacy: vainglorious madness.

A boardroom occupied by mainly worthless bell-wastes without merit who wincingly failed to conclude the most uncomplicated of transfers. The lot of them are bread pudding to JW and TF's soufflé and yesterday it was once more brutally apparent just how severely every department of a plucky, thriving and indeed envied club has been diminished in wrecking ball fashion.

And what of the fanbase, or at least what's left of it. Yes many of a fickle disposition balked at life outside the Premier League, but its still lost revenue. Floundering in the mud and nettles of the Championship playing uninspiring football under more managers in half-a-season than the Trust hired in 10 years after Jack's death simply will not compel any stay-away to return. Who ever cared about the FF/AG minutes by the way? Yet now we are indulging ourselves in this inconsequential trivia and assassinating characters we've never met. Whats that all about?

2 years of "How not to run a football club" really has taken its toll. Thats the Venky legacy: Wreckage and ruin. Not a tear was shed for Kean outside Braddocks bedsit when he left and yet that window of opportunity has been completely squandered, that more than anything highlights their stupidity and demolition of the entire clubs self-esteem.

They are simply incapable and unfit. Obnoxious and completely hateful with it.

Now c'mon Rolo.... don't be so shy and bashful and just tell us what you really think! ^_^

Don't talk crap and don't be such a precious puff!! I use Alan Sugar's 'Carlos Kickaball' more than most cos it's good and descriptive to describe overseas mercenaries. However I don't place over half in that list as remotely such. The likes of Samba, Nelsen, Jones etc certainly not. They always put a real shift in.

Great opener. Just sets the tone doesn't it?

We've had our fair share of home-grown slackers, too. What's your ethnic slur for them?

Archived