BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Shocked? Yes. Surprised? Nope.

I tried to reason esrlier how it mightn't be our fault but I'm just hacked off. I don't believe Appleton is at fault here, but if he doesn't proceed to smash everything in shagnew's office, he'll go down in my estimation.

Still salvageable, but if we'd been in the prem and done this we'd be truly fecked. Yet another lesson learnt for venkys. Only a billion to go.

That's what we did last season and we were truly fecked. The key to learning a lesson is not repeating it! Oh right, we just have.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, Bypass 06 is the new chaddy. Something for everyone to agree on.

On a side note to a side note if anyone can pick up the Football Show repeat on Sirius channel 94 in the U.S later in the day I managed to get on and bemoan our ability to work a fax machine and discussed Samba and how Nelsen was got rid of by Kean and became a hero at QPR.

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton says DJ Campbell & Jerome Thomas are still deals which he hopes to complete next week on loan.#rovers

BBC Lancashire@BBCLancashire

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton says Ruben Rochina was allowed to leave on loan yesterday after he requested a transfer.#rovers

Blackburn forward Josh King will miss 6-8 weeks with a grade 2 hamstring tear. #rovers

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton says DJ Campbell & Jerome Thomas are still deals which he hopes to complete next week on loan.#rovers

BBC Lancashire ‏@BBCLancashire

Blackburn manager Michael Appleton says Ruben Rochina was allowed to leave on loan yesterday after he requested a transfer.#rovers

BBC Lancashire ‏@BBCLancashire

Blackburn forward Josh King will miss 6-8 weeks with a grade 2 hamstring tear. #rovers

There we are then. Now we sit and wait and try to enjoy our lives, starting with three points tomorrow. Cheer up everybody.

there we are. Appy will get deals done next week.

shame about King.

lets get 3 points tomorrow and move up the league.

Just look at the players we have loaned out/released.....and some posters are moaning. If you want to know how good they are just look at the teams they have gone to.

Also, most are loans.....who'd argue about the players we've released.

Oh, and remember Orr and Best should be back and in contention soon.

We have to clear the decks of all the mediocre players we have been lumbered with, and yes, that may mean more out than in's but, IMO, I'm not dissapointed about any of the permenant leavers, and would only have Rochina and possibly Slew back.

Let's wait and see what (if any) statement comes from the club, and if any loans are set up over the next few weeks.

Completely agree. We have a first team squad of 40 players who's wages apparently will have us in admin in the summer and the same people handwringing about that are up in arms we are not replacing like with like

That's assuming they still want to come, clubs will let them go.

I'm guessing that they will be loans with a definite buyout at the end of the season like Josh King's allegedly was, or do both players contracts run out in the summer?

Just look at the players we have loaned out/released.....and some posters are moaning. If you want to know how good they are just look at the teams they have gone to.

You mean aside from Formica & Rochina going to Serie A & La Liga, respectively?

• Backroom

shame about King.

lets get 3 points tomorrow and move up the league.

Surely you don't see those 3 tweets in a positive light?

There's no guarantee they will come and meanwhile one of our only wingers is out for 8 weeks

Surely you don't see those 3 tweets in a positive light?

There's no guarantee they will come and meanwhile one of our only wingers is out for 8 weeks

I agree no positive news from tweets but King only winger we have ? We have more left sided players than any other position !

MGP Olsson x2, Nunes.

Agree he will be a miss though but I wouldn't class him as the only winger (unless I have misread what you were saying).

With regards to Nunes I'm glad we kept hold of him. I know he is young and a bit erratic but I think he can make an impact. I have seen him play in the ressies a few times and he whips in a really good cross.

You mean aside from Formica & Rochina going to Serie A & La Liga, respectively?

As I said, I'd have Rochina back as I think he has bags of ability (as it turns out he asked for a transfer), many Rovers fans do not rate him that much, I've witnessed the cheers as he's substituted.

Formica, nothing special and will not be missed IMHO and Palermo look doomed in that league.

We have signed King and kept CKR (who was expected to leave), Best should be fit soon.

Any problem with any of the other players leaving?

There we are then. Now we sit and wait and try to enjoy our lives, starting with three points tomorrow. Cheer up everybody.

Blame Odemwingie for sitting on Loftus Road car park for messing up the JT deal. Although we can't afford to let agents to try to hijack the club

Its not the players out that has annoyed me (although I was a fan of Simon and Rochina). Its the fact that Appleton has identified that we have a shortage of central midfield and wide right players in the squad, yet I don't see anyone coming into those positions.

King is injured so we're stuck with Nunes, Pedersen or Ollson2 for the left wing and.... god knows who on the right.

Campbell wouldn't get in ahead of Rhodes, Best, Gomes or CKR for me.

It gets worse

how so?

Although the way things went down(or didn't) looked pretty incompetent(whats new), Surely it would have been a lot better having the 2 on loan in the 1st place and if they do well sign them up on a free in the summer(when their club contracts i think may be up), but then saying that after last night I'm not totally confident this board can even iron out the loan deals in time.

Shame about King, maybe we where too hasty to make his deal permanent considering he was considered injury prone before he even came here.

Disappointed that it seems Rochina was the one that pushed for a move away, got a feeling he's going to go down a storm in Spain hopefully his value will shoot up and we can get a good fee for him in the summer.

Forester is a total unknown, yes he's young but he could still turn out to be more than able at this level(he's got a great pedigree coming through Evertons system).

As I said, I'd have Rochina back as I think he has bags of ability (as it turns out he asked for a transfer), many Rovers fans do not rate him that much, I've witnessed the cheers as he's substituted.

Formica, nothing special and will not be missed IMHO and Palermo look doomed in that league.

We have signed King and kept CKR (who was expected to leave), Best should be fit soon.

Any problem with any of the other players leaving?

Palermo, who have qualified for Europe in 3 of the last 5 seasons and only 3pts from safety? Yes, DOOOOOMED.

King out for two months. Best needs to get up to speed and could easily breakdown again with his history.

With those three midfielders all leaving we now look desperately short on options, and there's no guarantee of Campbell or Thomas coming in.

Completely agree. We have a first team squad of 40 players who's wages apparently will have us in admin in the summer and the same people handwringing about that are up in arms we are not replacing like with like

The wages that are the real issue are Robbo, Murphy, Etuhu, Peds, Givet, Dann, Best and Rhodes....they'll be the highest earners.

None of them left. So the problem still remains.

However it would go away if we spent a bit more now and went up to the Prem......Now we probably won't.....a couple of astute signings and we could have gone on a run to get back into contention.

Our squad has become even more imbalanced with one fit recognised right winger atm, and even he plays better up front.

That transfer window was terrible.

Archived