BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

We are Keaned. My suspicions re the snowball are confirmed.

Me neither once that snowball hit it's target! ^_^

Seriously? Because up until that fateful snowball we were the model on how to run a football club?

Ralfinho - Rochina showed glimpses of brilliance but then again so did Carlos Villanueva. Not a big loss. Only reason you're fuming is because you named your kid Ruben!

The Pedersen fans are quick to point to his assists and goals as a reason for keeping him in the side, regardless of his performances....or lack of.

I don't really care for that argument because the guy takes our set pieces.

But Rochina gets plenty of goals and assists as well, from open play, and often as a substitute.

They have both cost us goals, but Pedersen probably more so, plus Rochina should be playing a lot higher up the pitch anyway, where he should never be in the position to give the ball away in dangerous areas.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the stuff above the logical conclusion is that under employment law we are legally contracted to pay Campbell for 150 weeks starting now but under FA regulations cannot put him on a football pitch until July. Perhaps Thomas is the same?

All of this is beyond crazy. I would be genuinely surprised if this “cock up” involved the owners directly as they gave the green light for transfers earlier this week, it seems that this is down to administrative incompetence for which Agnew, Shaw, Silvester and Silk should take responsibility for.

You can't say that IE admin. If I walk in and make promises left right and centre then I should ensure that I deliver on those promises. Everyone in football knows what a joke we are, what a joke our admin is and yet I leave the garunting of my words to them? Not in a million years would I act like that as if they fail I am a liar and my position is weakened and my start tainted. If the green light was given by Pune, then I'm sorry but blame lies at the feet of the man who made those promises, anything else is just 'sly' and buck passing.

What an absolute cock up. Apparently Rovers are going to appeal the decision this morning but I would say it's unlikely to be ratified. It is actually possible that Thomas and Campbell are Rovers players but can't play until next season!

Appleton must be furious - this error is solely down to the administrators at the club not the owners or the manager (although, ultimately, Venky's chose to employ these administrators).

Thankfully, the loan window opens next week and I'd expect Campbell to join us then with guarantees written into his contract that we'll sign him in the summer. Jerome Thomas may be a little more difficult to do as WBA may need him after failing to sign a winger yesterday. If that can't be done then I'd expect a loan move for Bentley.

Apart from Rochina, I'm not at all bothered by any of the players that left in January. They offered nothing to the club apart from clogging up the wage bill. I'm more concerned about not bringing in the player sin we wanted.

I'm not really bothered with the players that left.

Terminating Vukcevic's contract is weird but all other were probably an attempt to reduce the number of players in an area where we had many players. Then it was down to the players that had anyone interested in them. I just hope they have good sell on clauses in our favor.

But the team has serious problems in defense and midfield and nothing was done about it. I hope a midfielder and a defender can get in till the end of the season.

People might say losing Vukcevic is no big loss but I strongly believe he could do a job for us in CM. Murphy gets tired after what, 60 or 70 mins.....then what? Pedersen has been averaging 1 good game in 5 for the past year or two. What if we're losing/drawing and we need to nick a goal or two? Hugo Fernandez?

Unless we bring some players in on loan, imo Vukcevic, Rochina and Formica will be seen as bigger losses come the end of the season than they are at the moment.

Have we got a right winger at the club?

Loads mate. Goodwillie, Lowe, Pedersen, Henley has player there, Orr.....opposition left backs are dreading facing us.

King and Kazim are the only real ones.

Reading the stuff above the logical conclusion is that under employment law we are legally contracted to pay Campbell for 150 weeks starting now but under FA regulations cannot put him on a football pitch until July. Perhaps Thomas is the same?

Nonsense Philip. We are not legally obliged to pay Campbell or Thomas a penny. If you have ever read a player contract in your life you would know that it clearly states the contract is subject to FA Approval. The FA did not approve and therefore the player does not sign. Also, players only sign the contract once the clearance from the FA has been given. Prior to that, the contract is just put in place.

So quit with your usual bullshit.

Must say I was surprised to read we'd missed out on both players this morning, didn't really follow the events of yesterday to closely, but they seemed like doen deals. Campbell isn't much of a loss for me, but Thomas would have been a decent signing.

Its no surprise that people are looking to blame Shaw and Agnew, both completely out of their depth so questions will be raised.

But lets have this right, this transfer window isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things, we're not going up this season thats for sure. Its the summer transfer window thats key for us now, we mustn't be found wanting in that window or our stay in the championship will be longer than expected.

A case of Live by the sword... die by the sword. Appeton sh1t on Blackpools owner and now Blackburns owners have sh1t on him. Can't think anyone connected with the Tangerines will be shedding too many tears. I wonder if this could be Shebby/Balaji's revenge in some way?

Shouldn't worry you Theno because the war against Venkys has ended and been won hasn't it?

How else to explain your "Dad's Army disbanded"allusion?

Campbell has just scored 10 or 11 in 17 games at Ipswich! Surely we could have used someone else who can chip in with a few goals. Thomas would have been a great signing. Guess we could get them both on loan but I was hoping we'd sign a CB and CM on loan when the window opens. Kane will have gone back by then as I'm sure his loan was just a month.

He'd shine in a side with better energy. In front of a midfield with Murphy, Etuhu and Pedersen he needed to be better disciplined. Our midfield couldn't carry him. This league is not about soft creative types. The best sides in this division play with quick and direct wingers who can power through the oppostion. They give an outlet to play counter attacking football too. Rochina might very well be a big hit in Spain. He has good touch and can pass. But it didnt work for him here. Leicester realised this fact too. They canned Eriksson and went back to basics with Nigel Pearson. Why? Because he has his sides playing a more direct and dynamic style of football which works in this division.

I absoltuely understand why Appleton let these guys go. I can see the benefit of what he was trying to do. Get a solid back four, pace out wide, a striker to retain possession and one who knows how to finish clinically and you have got a chance in this division. Littering the side with footballers who look pretty can only work if the side is given time to master the style of play ala Swansea. But even they realised the advantages of having two quick wingers. Rovers, mainly thanks to Kean, thought that by buying a few creative types they could reinvent themselves as a free flowing untit. It doesn't work like that. Especially when the rest of the side was well drilled in getting the ball from back to front very quickly. Rochina, i am afraid was a product of this crazy ethos. Good luck to the lad, i'm sure there is a place for him in football and he'll likely to well somewhere else. Just not at Rovers at this particular moment in time.

I can absolutely understand why he let those players go. He assumed the 3 or 4 players he wanted to bring in would strengthen the team! Venkys are good at getting rid of players.

Nonsense Philip. We are not legally obliged to pay Campbell or Thomas a penny. If you have ever read a player contract in your life you would know that it clearly states the contract is subject to FA Approval. The FA did not approve and therefore the player does not sign. Also, players only sign the contract once the clearance from the FA has been given. Prior to that, the contract is just put in place.

So quit with your usual bullshit.

There is two types of registration - registration of ownership and registration of the squad. It is possible Rovers registered them as Blackburn players before the deadline but didn't register them as part of the squad and therefore they cannot play. However, that is unlikely to be the case but with Rovers you never know.

In response to the "asset stripping" accusations i would just point out that Rhodes, Dann, Olsson, CKR, Givet et al are still at the club. Vuc,Formica,Rosado won't be missed other than by the conspiracy theorists, Rochina will be missed by fans but possibly less so by the team/management.

To have two players lined up and fail to bring them in is annoying - we are assuming the fault was at our end but we will see. If one is to believe "reports" the odemwengie deal was called off because wba wanted hoillet (who would replace thomas) and it may be that failed deal that screwed us in the end?

You're a very kind and understanding person. It is annoying isn't it?

Campbell has just scored 10 or 11 in 17 games at Ipswich! Surely we could have used someone else who can chip in with a few goals. Thomas would have been a great signing. Guess we could get them both on loan but I was hoping we'd sign a CB and CM on loan when the window opens. Kane will have gone back by then as I'm sure his loan was just a month.

I doubt their impressions yesterdays shambles at Ewood, would make them desperate to return

Just read last nights posts, WOW, how some peoples imagination works.

Think its best to let dust settle and pick the bones out.

Cryer is saying that its not Venkys fault, Rovers didn't do it in time.

Hopefully this will bring Shagnew and Shabby under the microscope now.

Let's just wait and see what today brings, and deal with facts!!

Just read last nights posts, WOW, how some peoples imagination works.

Think its best to let dust settle and pick the bones out.

Cryer is saying that its not Venkys fault, Rovers didn't do it in time.

Hopefully this will bring Shagnew and Shabby under the microscope now.

Let's just wait and see what today brings, and deal with facts!!

People have been saying for a while now that if you give these people enough rope they'll hang themselves, lets hope the hangman is warming up, and the goings on last night are down to Agnew,Shaw and Singhs incompetence

I can't imagine Appleton being to happy with proceedings, he'll not hold back if its down to the 3 stooges that he's missed out on players.

Will fans protest on Saturday over this farce? Will they hell as like. They will go on Saturday talk about it and let venkys and the three stooges off scot free . WUSSES . We will have the southern fans who don't attend saying don't protest but boycott but don't attend . Anyone who slags venkys in the ground will nearly end up fighting and having massive arguments . The club is a joke and fans don't care enough or have the bollux to stand up to anyone . If rovers fans were fighting a war then the white feathers would be plucked left right and centre.

am not the right person to say this abbey, but almost all your posts want some kind of revenge and fight !

and am seriously surprised with the no. of posts asking MA to quit !

i just hope some of you bother about Rovers instead!

this was the first time Venkys allowed a mass exodus - am surprised , did not expect this from them! But looks like the fans and the club are paying the price for the IDIOT who threw that snowball !

to throw snowball at your owners, keep shouting and abusing them every now and then - AND to expect them to throw money for transfers again ? surely something had to give - and everybody in this club are suffering because of some k.nob.heads who can't keep their tools in !

dont want the same idiots to irritate the owners again nd pull this club even further !

ffs, if someones p.issed off , just get lost ! we ALL are irritated too ! none of us are satisfied with what is happening here - not a bit!

BUT it does NOT warrant a few idiots to sc-rew the situation further for us fans and the club!

am not the right person to say this abbey, but almost all your posts want some kind of revenge and fight !

and am seriously surprised with the no. of posts asking MA to quit !

i just hope some of you bother about Rovers instead!

this was the first time Venkys allowed a mass exodus - am surprised , did not expect this from them! But looks like the fans and the club are paying the price for the IDIOT who threw that snowball !

to throw snowball at your owners, keep shouting and abusing them every now and then - AND to expect them to throw money for transfers again ? surely something had to give - and everybody in this club are suffering because of some k.nob.heads who can't keep their tools in !

dont want the same idiots to irritate the owners again nd pull this club even further !

ffs, if someones p.issed off , just get lost ! we ALL are irritated too ! none of us are satisfied with what is happening here - not a bit!

BUT it does NOT warrant a few idiots to sc-rew the situation further for us fans and the club!

According to Cryer Venky's are NOT happy Rochina has been allowed to leave and would have supported any purchases that the manager wanted. So unfortunately the blame the supporters tag has been dismissed over the last two years and does not work in this instance but I'm sure PNE and Mr Shelf thank you for your efforts to blame supporters and deflect from their incompetence

EDIT the above about Rochina was from somebody elses tweet this is what Cryer said :Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

What a shambles. I understand why people suspicious but Venky's not to blame here. They backed Appleton, but Rovers didn;t do it in time

Struggling to think of any organisation where I have seen what appears to be such gross incompetence.

Very much doubt that either Thomas or Campbell would consider us on loan now - they most certainly will have other loan options.

Feel sorry for Appleton - some folk are like that, always seem to end up in a minefield of sh1tty issues.

If I was in Venky's shoes, I think Shaw and Agnew, possibly Silvester as well, would be walking down the road this morning without a penny in compensation. There might well be a case for firing them for gross incompetence that could cost the club millions.

I can't really get excited about another cock up by Rovers as my immune system has really developed well over the last two years and this is just another example of how far the club has fallen. So much so that nothing surprises me any more.

I can think of non league clubs from several years ago who were better run than Rovers at the moment.

According to Cryer Venky's are NOT happy Rochina has been allowed to leave and would have supported any purchases that the manager wanted. So unfortunately the blame the supporters tag has been dismissed over the last two years and does not work in this instance

Cryer never said that. The only person I can see who said that was Glen Mullan.

Archived