BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

I hope Cryer or somebody can get to the bottom of this craziness. For once I think, this actually has nothing to do with the owners f'ing things up. They obviously had given the green light to go after some players otherwise it wouldnt have gone far with either dj or the winger.

Question is what led to the delay in waiting to the last day in making these signing and down to the last hour? The media need to get to the bottom of this and blast whoever is responsible. Utterly pathetic.

I'm not too worried losing anyone but Rochina who despite his shortcomings was technically the best player on the squad and in a team lacking talent, you give away the one with the most. I don't think we have the luxury to ship out talent right now, if nothing else he would have been a good sub.

But getting no one of any value is even worse, I blame this on Appleton. I know he came in recently, but to push things down to the last day is just disorganized and inexperienced. They should have been introducing players at the deadline having already signed them not getting them to do physicals at brockhall at 10:45 pm.

That being said we have to get behind MA, and the team we have left and urge them to make the push. We still have the talent to sneak into the playoffs but we need the effort and sense of desperation of everybody on the team to go out and be hungry and win matches by pure effort levels.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadline day disaster.

Time to bring in some of the young lads that were part of the successful Academy side last season: Payne, O'Sullivan, Fernandez etc...

Might as well, it's not like we're fighting for promotion or anything like that...

I can't believe all the gnashing of teeth about DJ Campbell not coming. Who is he anyway? A non league player who had a lucky day then a few mediocre games. He played for Birmingham and Blackpool in the Premier league, not exactly Man U or Chelsea are they? If he is held up as our saviour then God help us. Look him up on Wikipedia, it states Dudley Junior "DJ" Campbell (born 12 November 1981) is an English footballer who plays for Blackburn Rovers.

Do they know something we don't or was it edited by some deluded Rovers fan during sleepless hours? Maybe it was Shebby.

Whatever, we signed no one and I am not in the least surprised. Mind you ,if you study the rest of the Championship no other club made any startling signings either. It's all loans as far as I can see with the exception of one or two players.

What did we all expect really. All our hopes built up early evening rumours and they weren't going to get us promoted anyway.

I live in Bristol so local derby on Saturday for me and a visit to Ewood beckons. I haven't seen Rovers play since the draw with Derby at their place so this will be my first match with Appleton in charge. I thought that we looked a much better team against Derby in the cup.

Finally, I can't really believe my team has come to this. Last time in the old third was bad enough but at least it was still our club then. Now we have that lot in charge and a boardroom who defy belief. Jack Walker and Nigel Clough must be arm in arm in tears!

Personally, I've no problem with the players who have been allowed to leave as it was pretty clear that they wouldn't figure in Appleton's plans. Having already accepted that we will be playing Championship football next season I don't think any new signings would have made any difference to the outcome of this season. However, by signing two or three players in January it would have given them time to bed into the team and for the manager to work with them over the next few months to be thoroughly prepared for the start of next season.

I've no doubt that Shaw, Agnew, Shebby, Silvester and Silk will come up with some tale to try to appease the fans but the bottom line is that we are owned by a family who don't care a jot about the club and run by a group of administrators who give the word 'amateur' a bad name.

One suspects that Appleton's main task over the tenure of his contract is going to be about keeping the Rovers afloat in the Championship and ensuring we don't drop into League One. For those of us who have seen the bad times before this is nothing new. Sadly, there is now a generation of fans who grew up knowing nothing but Jack Walker and the Walker Trust and enjoying Premier League football as the norm for whom being becalmed as a mid-table Championship club is going to come as something of a shock. Sadly, I fear there will be many more transfer windows like this one where the Rovers will be scratching around amongst the left overs in the bargain basement. The lad Williamson who has been released by Portsmouth may yet turn up and one suspects a loan or two may yet arrive in a week or two. However, we should be under no illusion this is a return to how things were pre-Jack Walker and it will be an on going struggle for years to come.

I can't blame Appleton for yesterday myself, it is out of the managers hands once he has identified players and had them green lit. Campbell and Thomas where in the building well before the deadline, Appleton would not have agreed to let go of the players that went if he wasn't completely sure that Campbell and Thomas where coming in. Similar thing happened with Rodgers at Liverpool in the summer.

I can't blame Appleton for yesterday myself, it is out of the managers hands once he has identified players and had them green lit. Campbell and Thomas where in the building well before the deadline, Appleton would not have agreed to let go of the players that went if he wasn't completely sure that Campbell and Thomas where coming in. Similar thing happened with Rodgers at Liverpool in the summer.

You make Appleton sound like a yes man, another nodding dog. Says the right things to the fans through the media, yet fails to deliver on the pitch. Have we heard this before.

Utter shambles,everyone seems to be blaming Shaw/Agnew,but that won't be the case,every thing has to be signed off from India,and that is where the problem will be,I know everyone are saying they can't use a fax etc,but especially the secretary who is very experienced they know how to sign players,I'm pretty sure we will find out the problem lies in India,they were probably fast asleep oblivious to everything,but like I said,nothing can be done without the Venkys say so,they are a bunch of amateurs.

I'm not really bothered with the players that left.

Terminating Vukcevic's contract is weird but all other were probably an attempt to reduce the number of players in an area where we had many players. Then it was down to the players that had anyone interested in them. I just hope they have good sell on clauses in our favor.

But the team has serious problems in defense and midfield and nothing was done about it. I hope a midfielder and a defender can get in till the end of the season.

• Backroom

I would argue thus:

QPR don't get Odemwingie, so don't release DJ Campbell for transfer.

WBA are left with unhappy player who won't play, nor any fee from selling to replace him. So they keep Thomas.

Sure our admin are dicks, but not necessarily our fault for lack of incomings. Just the outgoings without guarantees of incomings is frustrating.

I would argue thus:

WBA are left with unhappy player who won't play, nor any fee from selling to replace him. So they keep Thomas.

Sure our admin are dicks, but not necessarily our fault for lack of incomings. Just the outgoings without guarantees of incomings is frustrating.

good points,you could be right there,it does add up,lets see what Appy has to say in the presser

campbell reckons he has signed a 2 and half year contract at Rovers. Something is not adding up!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8459338/Blackburn-sign-striker-DJ-Campbell-from-QPR

He said he had signed but the paperwork didn't go through. So no deal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10199906.Double_deal_collapses_as_Rovers_suffer_deadline_day_nightmare/

I hope Cryer or somebody can get to the bottom of this craziness. For once I think, this actually has nothing to do with the owners f'ing things up. They obviously had given the green light to go after some players otherwise it wouldnt have gone far with either dj or the winger.

Question is what led to the delay in waiting to the last day in making these signing and down to the last hour? The media need to get to the bottom of this and blast whoever is responsible. Utterly pathetic.

I'm not too worried losing anyone but Rochina who despite his shortcomings was technically the best player on the squad and in a team lacking talent, you give away the one with the most. I don't think we have the luxury to ship out talent right now, if nothing else he would have been a good sub.

But getting no one of any value is even worse, I blame this on Appleton. I know he came in recently, but to push things down to the last day is just disorganized and inexperienced. They should have been introducing players at the deadline having already signed them not getting them to do physicals at brockhall at 10:45 pm.

That being said we have to get behind MA, and the team we have left and urge them to make the push. We still have the talent to sneak into the playoffs but we need the effort and sense of desperation of everybody on the team to go out and be hungry and win matches by pure effort levels.

Nothing to with the owners ???

Ffs it has EVERYTHING to do with them !!!

Who appointed the 3 stooges ?

I can't be arsed to look at all the other clubs transfer dealings, but I would wager we are not the only ones to balls the window up in the eyes of the fans, mangement and owners.

But no other club has retarded owners who don't give a @#/? about their baby .jimmy saville and Gary glitter could look after babies better than these pricks .

I would argue thus:

I would strongly argue this:

If I tell all my friends that I'll help them by doing X Y & Z, knowing that my delivery has a deadline and then I fail to deliver, they will have less faith and trust in me and I'll most likely lose one or two of them as friends. As their friend it's my remit after those words to deliver and to do so I must bend over backwards to ensure my words are not hollow.

All that has happened yesterday is that a man who obviously places trust above all else, given his appointments to date, has diluted that trust with the fans. Given we the fans have had nothing but hollow words and kean actions over the last two years, Appleton has now come in and done the same. If he'd come in and said wage bill needs trimming players will leave and we'll re-stock in the summer, it would be different. But alas he's talked the talk in the press and failed to walk the walk, regardless of reason, his words are now found hollow, just like everyone else we've had since the Loons arrived. I await the clubs response but alas I place no value in the words of anyone at the club anymore and will judge on actions. I hope to god he gets it right on the pitch and delivers results as he hasn't delivered signings as promised.

All of this is beyond crazy. I would be genuinely surprised if this “cock up” involved the owners directly as they gave the green light for transfers earlier this week, it seems that this is down to administrative incompetence for which Agnew, Shaw, Silvester and Silk should take responsibility for.

Archived