BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

Those saying they won't loose sleep over Rochina going need to have a really hard think about that. Yeah he does sometimes make mistakes, like other players do, but because he is/was our flair player he was the only one with the ability to unlock the door for Rhodes or other players and also he is our 2nd highest scorer. Stupid letting him go in my eyes. Lets hope we keep hold of him and not let him sign proper for them next seaso

He'd shine in a side with better energy. In front of a midfield with Murphy, Etuhu and Pedersen he needed to be better disciplined. Our midfield couldn't carry him. This league is not about soft creative types. The best sides in this division play with quick and direct wingers who can power through the oppostion. They give an outlet to play counter attacking football too. Rochina might very well be a big hit in Spain. He has good touch and can pass. But it didnt work for him here. Leicester realised this fact too. They canned Eriksson and went back to basics with Nigel Pearson. Why? Because he has his sides playing a more direct and dynamic style of football which works in this division.

I absoltuely understand why Appleton let these guys go. I can see the benefit of what he was trying to do. Get a solid back four, pace out wide, a striker to retain possession and one who knows how to finish clinically and you have got a chance in this division. Littering the side with footballers who look pretty can only work if the side is given time to master the style of play ala Swansea. But even they realised the advantages of having two quick wingers. Rovers, mainly thanks to Kean, thought that by buying a few creative types they could reinvent themselves as a free flowing untit. It doesn't work like that. Especially when the rest of the side was well drilled in getting the ball from back to front very quickly. Rochina, i am afraid was a product of this crazy ethos. Good luck to the lad, i'm sure there is a place for him in football and he'll likely to well somewhere else. Just not at Rovers at this particular moment in time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to the "asset stripping" accusations i would just point out that Rhodes, Dann, Olsson, CKR, Givet et al are still at the club. Vuc,Formica,Rosado won't be missed other than by the conspiracy theorists, Rochina will be missed by fans but possibly less so by the team/management.

To have two players lined up and fail to bring them in is annoying - we are assuming the fault was at our end but we will see. If one is to believe "reports" the odemwengie deal was called off because wba wanted hoillet (who would replace thomas) and it may be that failed deal that screwed us in the end?

It's clear what Appleton is trying to do, but I think it's going to fail spectacularly unless he can sort out the central midfield. If people think we can play a solid 4-4-2 with any combination of Dunny, Pedersen, Lowe, Murphy and Etuhu then they are living in a dream world.

Looks like make us dull and boring, lulling the opposition to sleep then nick a goal. I would have liked to have kept Rochina.

Just woke up and read all the tweets from last night events....before I went to bed I assumed we had 3 players in the bag....I have to laugh...LOL

What a complete mess. I just want answers TBH. Is it Venky's fault? Shaw? Agnew? Players? We should be told. For all we know Venky's told them to spend spend spend and the idiots couldn't get it done. Maybe the Odemwingie saga messed up our deals and it was too late to find other targets. QPR very short upfront now.

Outgoings...not bad business. Players like that aren't really suited to the championship so a loan was a good shout. As for Vukcevic...clearly a talent but never really did anything. The question is why he was never handed the chance. People are quick to conspire BUT this isn't football manager. Maybe he didn't care in training. I've heard a lot about his attitude problems before he signed for us.

It's times like this i'm happy I have Sparta Prague and Ice Hockey to fall back on. I'm just hoping now we continue to perform well under Appy and the smaller squad pulls together and creates a work ethic to push for the play offs. It's not impossible when you look at the Burnley's and Blackpool's who have done the final push in recent seasons. One day we will get answers to this 2 year farce but for now we need to get behind Appy, his staff and the players.

Come on Rovers

Of course it's venkys fault . No matter what happened yesterday they made the decision to employ idiots . The two nobbers are clueless and took nobbers to L1 . Singh is a cock and Appleton is either all talk or should resign in protest at bring undermined . Mcleish has or he had when I went to bed.

Sorry I can't fully agree. The were only expendable IF replaced.

If, as part of some new start, we are supposed to trust Appleton then there's a contradiction somewhere. Players he was picking to go into the side - above those he will now have to pick - have been sold. If he's not absolutely furious this morning, something is very wrong.

Let's be honest, a lot of people saw this coming but cling to a hope things had changed. Looking at it objectively - considering actions and not words - we have just got rid of 3 first team players and reduced the wage bill.

When Nelsen and even Samba left people were similarly upbeat (in denial). "We are better off without them". "Past it, too old" and "overrated/bad attitude/refusing to play" (allegedly - but people took as gospel despite Salgado, Roberts being frozen out and Nelsen's phantom injury).

Well its déjà vu all over again - and some people seem pleased at the outgoings.

I'm not sure this is the same debate Stu. Nelse, Salgado, Emerton, Roberts etc... were our safeguards. They way they were discarded was reckless and stubborn. I'm sorry to see 2-3 first team players leave and not be replaced. But the ones that left were not fit for purpose in this division. I would also hope that Appleton is furious. I know i would be. But imo, the top sides in this division are there because they play football suited to the opposition. Rovers were a soft touch and its because of Rochina etc that this was the case. I stress, i'm not happy that the departing players weren't replaced. But i can understand why Appleton saw fit to move them on.

out of contract in summer. why paid over the odds and would blackpool agree a deal.

expect Baptiste to be a rovers player in the summer.

Ruben Rochina Naixes‏@rubenrochina23

thank you to all my fans but i think that is the best option to me now! i will never forget my time at blackburn!

has anybody thought maybe the Rochina was to go back home to Spain

to everyone know my deal is on loan to end of the season!

Is it me or do these two conflict, I hope he would not forget us if he's only gone till seasons end.

Perhaps Appleton only saw fit to move them on because he received assurances that the club would acquire his targets?

If he knew that Rovers would stuff up signing two players, perhapos he would've kept hold of them.

or maybe this has all been done over his head. God knows what's going on there these days.

I think all I can reasonably say is that it's an utter shambles. and that's being kind.

Will fans protest on Saturday over this farce? Will they hell as like. They will go on Saturday talk about it and let venkys and the three stooges off scot free . WUSSES . We will have the southern fans who don't attend saying don't protest but boycott but don't attend . Anyone who slags venkys in the ground will nearly end up fighting and having massive arguments . The club is a joke and fans don't care enough or have the bollux to stand up to anyone . If rovers fans were fighting a war then the white feathers would be plucked left right and centre.

Although I endured another night of checking Twitter and the gogglebox to see who we had or were about to sign, I am not totally surprised to have woken this morning to find out we drew a blank, most probably down to the boards incompetence.

Luckily, Rhodes, Dann, Olsson, CKR, & Givet havent left and with the exception of Rochina, those that have left were bit part players at best.

If we had signed DJ Cambell or Thomas from West Brom, I doubt we would be jumping for joy anyway - I was pretty underhwelmed with those choices.

It will be interesting to hear MAs explanation on this at his presser.

Lets hope there are a couple of loanees turning up next week, to strengthen the middle and nowhere else.

Where's Chaddy gone? Little quiet. Probably out to buy his Rovers Beckham or Ronaldinho shirt.

What an utter, utter shambles. Words can't describe how incompetent this is. For those suggesting going for Campbell or Thomas on loan, think to yourself would you come and sign on loan after being messed around royally on deadline day?

Again, it's ridiculous to let Rochina especially go because he's a game changer from the bench. An option that Appleton will not have at his disposal. Fear not though, I suppose we could always throw Goodwillie on.

@#/? off with it all.

I'm not sure this is the same debate Stu. Nelse, Salgado, Emerton, Roberts etc... were our safeguards. They way they were discarded was reckless and stubborn. I'm sorry to see 2-3 first team players leave and not be replaced. But the ones that left were not fit for purpose in this division. I would also hope that Appleton is furious. I know i would be. But imo, the top sides in this division are there because they play football suited to the opposition. Rovers were a soft touch and its because of Rochina etc that this was the case. I stress, i'm not happy that the departing players weren't replaced. But i can understand why Appleton saw fit to move them on.

So Rochina is the worst of all those players we kep?. The way our squad is, I'd have happily said goodbye Goodwillie before Rochina.

If we are better off, why wasn't, say, Nunez in the team ahead of him? Appleton decided he was our best option. I trusted Appleton's judgement. Now he's gone and we say he wasn't good enough for the Championship?

My guess? We needed to shift some number 10s (squad balance or wage bill, pick your poison) and the only ones who were wanted by other clubs were our best ones. Urgo, we are left with the inferior ones.

Ralfinho - Rochina showed glimpses of brilliance but then again so did Carlos Villanueva. Not a big loss. Only reason you're fuming is because you named your kid Ruben!

Hopefully, we should sign Campbell and Thomas on loan in a week or two.

I said this earlier on twitter, I'll say it again on here. The biggest plus side for me is that Leon Best is back in full training. Massive boost.

Be an interesting inquest today .

Could be any one of a million reasons why these deals didn't happen

1. Rovers fault ?

2. Qpr and WBA fault ?

3. A bit of both of the above .

4. Overseas banking issue?

5. Vetoed by league ?

Feel sorry for Appleton as this will seriously handicap the team in terms of options unless we can sort out a couple of loans and there is the odd unattached player out there that can offer something .

First 11 shouldn't be an issue for weekend , but lack of options on bench maybe.

We need to fight tooth and nail today to ensure Kazim does not go back to Turkey because their window closes today .

Loan market can still sort short term issues , however another embarrassing day at the office for Rovers administration

• Backroom

There should be a public apology put out by the owners to the manager, the Rovers fans and the players we @#/? about for what happened yesterday. Shaw and Agnew should immediately be relieved of their duties and replaced by chimpanzees until real football administrators can be found. The chimps could not do a worse job in the interim.

I didn't think our stock could fall any further, but Venky's prove me wrong every time.

Absolute joke. Can't wait to here from Appy, he was confident of 2 or 3 in. My main concern is that he still didn't seem to want to address our main problems at CM or CB.

Why have a string of managers still not managed to sort it out!

Could be any one of a million reasons why these deals didn't happen

1. Rovers fault ?

2. Qpr and WBA fault ?

3. A bit of both of the above .

4. Overseas banking issue?

5. Vetoed by league ?

6. The Operations Director can't operate a Fax Machine ?

7, Shelving fell off a wall at an inopportune moment and smashed fax machine - the BRFC fax machine

8. Mickey's big arm and small arm on the Operations Directors watch stopped moving

9. They were tired and went home early instead

10. Pune rang up and said they'd run out of money after a quick recount / Balaji wants some more cars / jewelry / rappers instead

11. Shebby cut the telephone lines and smashed his glasses through the Cisco Router out of spite

12. Or just simply they're all a bunch of incompetent f-wits who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near BRFC let along put "in charge"

Lol bet Kaz is off, didn't realise the Turkey window was still open.

Hopeful they will bring I. A couple of loans next week, I imagine Todd Kane will return to Chelsea as he was only in for a month wasn't he? Having said that I would be amazed if Campbell comes in on loan now having been messed about, same with Thomas although I get the feeling the Thomas deal may have been affected by West Brom and the Odemwingie situation.

As Appy was a direct appointment by Venkys so we are led to believe, I would hope he will tell them they need to ditch Shagnew and Shebby and appoint the right people.

Gutted to wake up and see that we messed it up, especially with Ruben gone. Simon I can accept leaving but Ruben has atleast played a fair few games this season and has scored the odd important goal.

Archived