BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some fans who think we should be attracting so called better players clearly became fans in the Jack Walker times.

There's always some unimaginative soul that trots out that inaccurate and hackneyed diatribe

What is Appleton supposed to say? "They're feckin @#/?, but we can't sign anyone else" ?

Kean would have been pilloried for such a b*llsh*t comment.

I see signings as being to improve the squad. I consider neither of them to be an improvement. Just my opinion

Anyway what is done is done and no doubt we will waste some loan deals to put right the schoolboy paperwork error.

Onwards and sideways ;)

DJ Campbell @RealDJCampbell
I drove 4hours to hull 4 discussions & gave them 5/6hours 2 sort the deal & they didn't, instead they wasted mine & my families time..

After 5/6hours we went & had lunch 2 discuss the situation where then we decided 2 go bk home due 2 the lack of respect shown by hull end of

Kean would have been pilloried for such a b*llsh*t comment.

That was one of the few things I didn't blame Kean for. It seemed obvious that he would come out defending certain decisions when questioned on them. And he was always going to put a positive spin on things to remain in the job and keep the propaganda going. It's only like when Allardyce used to come out and blame the referee or the strikers for missing the half chance we got each time we played an away game. It's just Kean's was easier to see through. He wasn't going to come out all honest, was he? He wasn't in the job for respect. He gained more respect from people outside the club at the time with the lies and the reaction from the fans only played into his hands as the victim. Yet it was met with absolute disbelief by people on here who couldn't belief he wasn't coming out and saying he was incompetent and he deserved to be sacked. Even though people here viewed him as sub human for some reason they enjoyed being up in arms in shock. What more could they expect?

I drove 4hours to hull 4 discussions & gave them 5/6hours 2 sort the deal & they didn't, instead they wasted mine & my families time..

After 5/6hours we went & had lunch 2 discuss the situation where then we decided 2 go bk home due 2 the lack of respect shown by hull end of

I presume he hasn't slagged us off then, which would be good.

The doubts I have about the Thomas is what's in it for Wba. If they had sold him to us then they'd have got a fee. He's out of contract in the summer so rovers wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee for him if they took him on loan and signed him in the summer. It would make more sense for wba to keep him until the end of the season now and get some game time from him, particularly as they are short of wingers.

Edit: that should read 'the Thomas transfer'

Guest Norbert

This is typical. We get rid of players, some of whom may have had a role to play, and don't sort out players coming in on time. Therefore whilst we've saved wages and got rid of some deadwood, our squad is still weaker.

Can we apply for an extra 24 hours, or is it just Spurs that can do that?

I am not bothered about DJ Campbell not signing, far more disappointed by the Thomas deal falling through but we have hope next week of a deal being set up.

Back to Campbell though, I am not a fan of Steve Bruce in any way but the level of respect Campbell and his agent showed Bruce, a man who he has played for in the past, is a disgrace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21298933?

Perhaps Karma is a bitch? Or maybe it's just our administration team are incredibly incompetent, who knows...

Anything to upset elephant man head gets a massive thumbs up from me.

Those saying they won't loose sleep over Rochina going need to have a really hard think about that. Yeah he does sometimes make mistakes, like other players do, but because he is/was our flair player he was the only one with the ability to unlock the door for Rhodes or other players and also he is our 2nd highest scorer. Stupid letting him go in my eyes. Lets hope we keep hold of him and not let him sign proper for them next seaso

I agree. Rochina has the X Factor. Every other Carlos Kickaball on he books will not be missed.

This is typical. We get rid of players, some of whom may have had a role to play, and don't sort out players coming in on time. Therefore whilst we've saved wages and got rid of some deadwood, our squad is still weaker.

Can we apply for an extra 24 hours, or is it just Spurs that can do that?

No Arsenal can do it too if memory serves, Arshavin wasn't it?

That explains a lot. Chaddy, you are supposed to type with your fingers, not your arse. :)

i was on phone when reply to the post about me.

now at home on my laptop.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest thing I've read in ages. I've actually got tears welling up.

Thanks Chaddy.

Bad window no question about it.

Positives

- getting some of the deadwood and square pegs for round holes. Definitely good to ship some of them out. Frees up space in the squad.

Negatives

- we ballsed up our signings. Even for us that is a new low in incompetence. Thinking on it how the heck did it happen? Not like the deadline is a surprise.

- we didn't even attempt to sort out centre midfield.

- Loosing Rochina. Big talent imo

- as cost cutting exercises go it wasn't too successful - all big earners are still here.

- we didn't replace anyone leaving. The squad is now looking unbalanced and thin.

Thank goodness we get another chance with the loan window but my word what a missed opportunity.

Been a fan of what Appleton's said so far but this whole episode disappoints me.

Not sure who's to blame for this transfer window but it's another bad day for the club.

Well it's more ambitious than those before him, Rochina, Dann, Formica, Vuckevic, ediniho, slew, goodwillie... The list goes on and on mate.

Thomas and Campbell are lower premier league players and solid championship players we would have done very well to get then both in aswell as a solid championship defender like baptistse or Davies but alas..

Thomas and Campbell are kind of like the Hignett, Mahon, Bent signings last time we were in the Championship. None were good enough for the Pre. All were good enough to help us get there.

Best post of the day so far.

Leon Best will be like a new signing, we managed to sort out the permanent King deal and we may yet get some players in on loan, chill everyone- was anyone actually surprised by last night?

Only about Rochina. Suprised and disappointed. Can't but think that was a big mistake.

Everyone has different opinions on players and their worth so letting go of some players such as Ruben and Simon will divide opinion. I am more worried about the club not being able to carry out professional football admin tasks. As operations director, Agnew should surely resign.

Failing that he should be binned. A complete shamateur.

Echoes of missing out on Roy Kean cos the office was shut and the lights were out at 5pm on a Friday! :glare: How many millions was that amateurish cock up worth?

Failing that he should be binned. A complete shamateur.

Echoes of missing out on Roy Kean cos the office was shut and the lights were out at 5pm on a Friday! :glare: How many millions was that amateurish cock up worth?

Judging by Keane's (old habit die hard, eh, Theno?) comments since, it would have ended in tears anyway.

Dalglish and Keane would have been at each other throats.

Archived