BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Deadline Day

Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not particularly bothered about who we let go. Simon, as much as I like him he's been destroyed by spending over a year doing nothing thanks to Kean last year. Whatever chance he had of making an impact here was taken away by simply not playing games for so long and if App wasn't going to play him there was no point in him staying. Rochina, I always liked a lot but he doesn't fit the system App wants to play and to be honest, he does have bags of ability but he doesn't use it well. He's never seemed to learn how to play that final ball and instead just wasted possession. It's of course who we didn't sign that winds me up. Thomas and Campbell were just what we needed. If we got those, another defender and a midfielder in the window I would have been 100% happy but nope, in typical Rovers fashion we messed it up. Let's just hope for some decent signings in the loan market next week.

Palermo, who have qualified for Europe in 3 of the last 5 seasons and only 3pts from safety? Yes, DOOOOOMED.

King out for two months. Best needs to get up to speed and could easily breakdown again with his history.

With those three midfielders all leaving we now look desperately short on options, and there's no guarantee of Campbell or Thomas coming in.

So, you would have kept Formica and Simon?

am not the right person to say this abbey, but almost all your posts want some kind of revenge and fight !

and am seriously surprised with the no. of posts asking MA to quit !

i just hope some of you bother about Rovers instead!

this was the first time Venkys allowed a mass exodus - am surprised , did not expect this from them! But looks like the fans and the club are paying the price for the IDIOT who threw that snowball !

to throw snowball at your owners, keep shouting and abusing them every now and then - AND to expect them to throw money for transfers again ? surely something had to give - and everybody in this club are suffering because of some k.nob.heads who can't keep their tools in !

dont want the same idiots to irritate the owners again nd pull this club even further !

ffs, if someones p.issed off , just get lost ! we ALL are irritated too ! none of us are satisfied with what is happening here - not a bit!

BUT it does NOT warrant a few idiots to sc-rew the situation further for us fans and the club!

Another fool blaming the fans.

You're right. A snowball was stupid.

Why couldn't they have thrown a snowman? Might have knocked some sense into them.

Of all the dimwittedness... If anyone seriously thinks that the reason we didnt sign two cheap championship players was because of a well aimed snow ball, don't forget, there are windows you could be licking.

What a ucnt.

I am not bothered about DJ Campbell not signing, far more disappointed by the Thomas deal falling through but we have hope next week of a deal being set up.

Back to Campbell though, I am not a fan of Steve Bruce in any way but the level of respect Campbell and his agent showed Bruce, a man who he has played for in the past, is a disgrace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21298933?

Perhaps Karma is a bitch? Or maybe it's just our administration team are incredibly incompetent, who knows...

Appleton spoke to Thomas and DJ last night after the deadline and is confident they still want to sign for Rovers. DJ will definitely come. It also sounds as though Thomas will also likely be coming as WBA sanctioned the move and, as we thought, the reason they didn't sign in time was because of the Rovers staff and not because of the other clubs being difficult.

This team will probably start tomorrow:

Kean

Kane/Orr, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

Pedersen, Lowe, Murphy, Olsson Markus

Kazim, Rhodes

Bench:

Sendomierski/Usai

Goodwillie

Gomes

Nunes

Dunn

Givet

Orr/Kane

Christ, look at the wingers.

I am not bothered about DJ Campbell not signing, far more disappointed by the Thomas deal falling through but we have hope next week of a deal being set up.

Back to Campbell though, I am not a fan of Steve Bruce in any way but the level of respect Campbell and his agent showed Bruce, a man who he has played for in the past, is a disgrace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21298933?

Perhaps Karma is a bitch? Or maybe it's just our administration team are incredibly incompetent, who knows...

Steve feckin Bruce complaining about a lack of respect!

Steve feckin Bruce complaining about people being led by greed!

Karma indeed

Appleton spoke to Thomas and DJ last night after the deadline and is confident they still want to sign for Rovers. DJ will definitely come. It also sounds as though Thomas will also likely be coming as WBA sanctioned the move and, as we thought, the reason they didn't sign in time was because of the Rovers staff and not because of the other clubs being difficult.

Lets hope this isnt another Hoilett saga

Oh dear it seems Appleton is verging on the Steve Kean when talking about the silky talents of Cambell and Thomas

"The fact we've been able to attract these players gives me a lot of hope"

Oh heck. Steve Kean-itis indeed. How did we get ahead of the MASSIVE queue of clubs for those two??? We are not worthy :wacko: :wacko:

Oh dear it seems Appleton is verging on the Steve Kean when talking about the silky talents of Cambell and Thomas

Oh heck. Steve Kean-itis indeed. How did we get ahead of the MASSIVE queue of clubs for those two??? We are not worthy :wacko: :wacko:

I think you are forgetting where we are in the table and what division we are in and what owners we have... Do I really need to remind you?

Thomas and Campbell would be better than any signings we have made under venkys bar yak and Rhodes

Whether we like it or not - we are currently a lower mid table team. It is sad to say - but Hull would currently have given DJ the best chance of getting back in the Premiership. Also consider the bad press we get - and low crowds.

Football is about opinons and mine is that If they are the scope of Appletons ambition ("we are lucky to attract them") then we may as well rule out promotion under his reign.

Their (was and still is) more important positions we needed to strengthen

Football is about opinons and mine is that If they are the scope of Appletons ambition then we may as well rule out promotion under his reign.

Well it's more ambitious than those before him, Rochina, Dann, Formica, Vuckevic, ediniho, slew, goodwillie... The list goes on and on mate.

Thomas and Campbell are lower premier league players and solid championship players we would have done very well to get then both in aswell as a solid championship defender like baptistse or Davies but alas..

• Backroom

DJ and Thomas are about the level of player we can realistically attract. If you think any player of higher quality would consider coming here you're deluded. What else is Appleton supposed to say? "They're feckin @#/?, but we can't sign anyone else" ?

Archived