BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PREVIEW : Rovers vs Leeds Utd - Saturday Feb 23rd 3.00pm

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Leeds got their first win in six against Blackpool the other night so they might have turned the corner. Two mid-table teams lacking in quality likely to fight out a lacklustre 1-1 draw. Saturday at the DIY beckons....

To be fair their first win in 6 was against a team managed by Paul Ince.... ;)

Ah I see. I was young then but remember them both being very good.

Bailey left and Hird right, fantastic attacking options.

On another matter ODB, Darwen Blues are running a trip to Sheffield Wed on 6 April from Spinners if you're interested or weren't already aware.

I wasn't aware pal but I am now. Ill see what I'm working. I thought those lads were combining transport with the brown cow lads. Is that not the case?

Absolutely not and never have, it's annoying and disrespectful that others have tried to hijack our name and reputation.

When Revie took over the managers job in 1962, he changed their kit to an all white affair based on some misconception that they were, or would be, as good as Real Madrid. The guy obviously had a screw loose. Cough was right. The teams of the Revie era were a bunch of thugs in the main. The only player I liked was Peter Lorimer.

Their original colours were blue and yellow which I always thought was the reason their nickname was the Peacocks, but it transpires that that name was because the original name of their Elland Road ground was the Old Peacock Ground.

Anyway, never liked 'em nor their fans.

2-0 to our boys.

On their site it said intial allocation 4k DE lower tier with a possible extra 2k but not confirmed. So it's unclear whether they've shifted 3,300 or 5,300 but it does say no sales on the day so it's likely the latter.

That would depend on Leeds taking a punt on selling all the upper tier allocation, as they wan't have got them on sale or return.

Remember the home game against Leeds when there was a minutes silence before the game following the death of Sir Matt Busby. They had half of the Darwen End lower tier and the whole lot of them soured the occasion by singing about the Munich air disaster. Rovers fans were silent to a man.

A city five times the size of Blackburn, yet they struggle at times to get 25k in. As well as having the luxury of drawing in fans from all over Yorkshire and beyond. If we didn't make 5k at Ewood the press would be over us like a rash.

Forget Birmingham City, Leeds are 'Big Club' bar none. Vile scum. I hate them.

Archived