BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So In total between 2-3 million(?) if we can just get to the final, that's enough to buy us a reasonable player or 2 at this level or pay off a some of the deadbeats contracts.

Nope the figures are totals. Ie: If we get to the final, we'll have an extra 900k for getting there, rather than 900k for winning the semi and then 900k for losing the final (for example).

Nope the figures are totals. Ie: If we get to the final, we'll have an extra 900k for getting there, rather than 900k for winning the semi and then 900k for losing the final (for example).

The FA site says figures are per club per round.

I read it as 360k for winning the quarter final. Nothing for losing it.

900 k for winning the semi, 450k for losing it.

1.8m for winning the final 900k for losing it.

i.e. nowt if we go out on Wednesday, 810k if we go out in the semi 1.7m ish if we lose the final and 2.6m if we win the whole thing.

Worth having under any stretch of the imagination.

• Backroom

It strikes me as odd that we'd get 900k for winning the semi and then another 900k for losing the final. That's my 'per round' calculation....surely that's not right? If I'm being obtuse, I apologise :S

Yep, I'm being thick and read your post properly 2nd time round, Rev :P

It strikes me as odd that we'd get 900k for winning the semi and then another 900k for losing the final. That's my 'per round' calculation....surely that's not right? If I'm being obtuse, I apologise :S

Yep, I'm being thick and read your post properly 2nd time round, Rev :P

I added it up wrong as well. I think it would be 3 060 000 for winning it and 2160 000 if we lost the final. :blush:

They've changed it Paul.

At 19.50 this evening the club website said 19.45 March 13th.

Is this correct or is our administration so sh1t we can't get the right KO time on the official website?

At 19.50 this evening the club website said 19.45 March 13th.

Is this correct or is our administration so sh1t we can't get the right KO time on the official website?

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/cup-kick-off-change-705988.aspx?pd=634985910740000000

Not sure what to tell you, Paul. It's been on the official site a while. It actually causes me a problem.

Surprised the club hasn't email folk and is relying on Twitter and the site though.

KO is at 7.30 PM. Don't be late.

OK I give in.

I wonder which from our bunch of completely useless idiots that run our club and our club website decided to put up a big next match picture announcing KO at 19.45. This is the first thing one sees on the site when using a mobile.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/

Scroll down and there is news article announcing the KO has changed to 19.30.

Pathetic. Absurdly @#/? pathetic. If I didn't read the MB I would have missed 15 minutes

Shape or ship out.

OK I give in.

I wonder which from our bunch of completely useless idiots that run our club and our club website decided to put up a big next match picture announcing KO at 19.45. This is the first thing one sees on the site when using a mobile.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/

Scroll down and there is news article announcing the KO has changed to 19.30.

Pathetic. Absurdly @#/? pathetic. If I didn't read the MB I would have missed 15 minutes

Shape or ship out.

Just think how I feel Paul.

I know about it but I WILL miss 15 minutes.

And all because ESPN want it at 7:30pm. Why, I do not know.

Just think how I feel Paul.

I know about it but I WILL miss 15 minutes.

And all because ESPN want it at 7:30pm. Why, I do not know.

So we kick off before the champs league games?

To be honest i wonder why they are showing it at all. Yesterdays game was a shocker.

So we kick off before the champs league games?

To be honest i wonder why they are showing it at all. Yesterdays game was a shocker.

Possible but those people who want to watch the CL are hardly going to be distracted by a Rovers match kicking off at the same time.

I'm interested to know why though.

Possible but those people who want to watch the CL are hardly going to be distracted by a Rovers match kicking off at the same time.

I'm interested to know why though.

I'd hazard a guess that ESPN are contractually obliged to show two of the quarter finals and would run a million miles from having to show this fixture and pay both clubs for the dubious privilege of doing so if they could. I guess they've moved it to suit the rest of their TV schedule.

I can't really see that moving kick off 15 mins should be a cause for complaint really. For me like I say in an ideal world itd be 7pm or earlier so youngsters can attend on a weekday night.

19:30 Kick Off, takes me back. Rovers kicked off at 7:30 for years.

However, I was at school during those days, so can understand people being upset if they're gonna miss some of it.

Went to the Den. A wonderful atmosphere, when Millwall have a big game its always raucous.

I thought we defended superbly, but also Millwall were wasteful and poor infront of goal.

Dunny changed the game, calmed us down and looked a class above.

When we did attack, Millwall looked anxious. Sustained spells of pressure at Ewood should see us through.

I expect both teams to play better and go for it a lot more (particularly as now both teams know its Wigan who await in the Semi).

side point, but Lee Mack is from Blackburn, hence why he supports rovers.

I hosted his table at the British comedy awards this year, and spent a good while talking rovers with him.

He lived up near roman road and went to school in Blackburn.

Saunders is now manger of Burnley?

Lee Mack is 'from' Southport, and moved to Blackburn as a teenager.

I'd hazard a guess that ESPN are contractually obliged to show two of the quarter finals and would run a million miles from having to show this fixture and pay both clubs for the dubious privilege of doing so if they could. I guess they've moved it to suit the rest of their TV schedule.

I can't really see that moving kick off 15 mins should be a cause for complaint really. For me like I say in an ideal world itd be 7pm or earlier so youngsters can attend on a weekday night.

But they have no idea when the game is going to finish so the TV schedule is a weak argument - although, I could well imagine them saying that they will "have to leave it there" just before the penalties because the basketball is starting.

I have to take exception to your second comment - which has actually really @#/? me off. Of course it's grounds for complaint. I bought my tickets when it was planned for 19:45 kick off knowing that I'd just be able to make it on time due to other commitments.

The day after they then announce it's been brought forward - for arbitrary reasons - so I'm now going to miss 15 minutes of the match. You don't think that's grounds for complaint? I'd say it's grounds for a refund!

If it was 19:00 I would not be able to attend at all. Considering all midweek games are normally 19:45 or 20:00, I'd say YOU are being unreasonable.

How did you manage to buy your ticket before it was known whether there'd be a replay or not?

I'm not aware that ANY kick off time had been formally announced other than the 7.30 one. Have you not bought your ticket assuming it's going to be a 7.45 kick off.

In any event, if the kick off time change really does cause you difficulty and you don't think it'd be worth attending as a result, explain your predicament to the ticket office and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a refund.

How did you manage to buy your ticket before it was known whether there'd be a replay or not?

I'm not aware that ANY kick off time had been formally announced other than the 7.30 one. Have you not bought your ticket assuming it's going to be a 7.45 kick off.

In any event, if the kick off time change really does cause you difficulty and you don't think it'd be worth attending as a result, explain your predicament to the ticket office and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a refund.

Believe it or not I booked online straight after the final whistle yesterday, and it was advertised at 19:45 (hence the news story that it has been MOVED). Although the kick off time STILL reads 19:45 on the official site as Paul has pointed out.

In any case, it should have been safe to assume 19:45 or 20:00 as that is the normal time.

Not that it's any of your business, nor do you really care, but I'm not about to let my son down having told him we are going.

Believe it or not I booked online straight after the final whistle yesterday. The kick off STILL says 19:45 on the official site as Paul has pointed out.

In any case, it should have been safe to assume 19:45 or 20:00 as that is the normal time.

Not that it's any of your business, nor do you really care, but I'm not about to let my son down having told him we are going.

I apologise if I've caused you any offence that certainly wasn't my intention.

You should know by now that a condition of ticket sales is that dates and times are subject to change at any time due to TV requirements. In my view a 15 minute change is not that unreasonable. The vast majority of people would time their journeys to arrive at the ground more than 15 minutes before kick off. If you're unable to do that for logistical reasons you're in the lap of the gods as to whether you get in before kick off anyway.

I apologise if I've caused you any offence that certainly wasn't my intention.

You should know by now that a condition of ticket sales is that dates and times are subject to change at any time due to TV requirements. In my view a 15 minute change is not that unreasonable. The vast majority of people would time their journeys to arrive at the ground more than 15 minutes before kick off. If you're unable to do that for logistical reasons you're in the lap of the gods as to whether you get in before kick off anyway.

Apology accepted.

It's not quite lap of the gods because I'm not traveling miles, I just have commitments on Wednesdays which make it a tight schedule for a 19:45 KO. Although I've not missed any of our KOs for the (Weds) midweek games this season - until now.

19:30 Kick Off, takes me back. Rovers kicked off at 7:30 for years.

However, I was at school during those days, so can understand people being upset if they're gonna miss some of it.

Went to the Den. A wonderful atmosphere, when Millwall have a big game its always raucous.

I thought we defended superbly, but also Millwall were wasteful and poor infront of goal.

Dunny changed the game, calmed us down and looked a class above.

When we did attack, Millwall looked anxious. Sustained spells of pressure at Ewood should see us through.

I expect both teams to play better and go for it a lot more (particularly as now both teams know its Wigan who await in the Semi).

I seem to remember us kicking off some night matches at 7.15 occasionally in the sixties, any oldtimers able to confirm that ? To the people complaining about missing 15 minutes - look on the bright side,that's 15 minutes of dross you won't have to watch.

Archived