BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

If thats what it is then it's better than Murphy and Etohu..... or at least it is until circa the 60th minute when MGP will be on his own. :(

You're in murky waters there Theno. The post you are responding to concerned criticism of Blackburn fans, NOT Blackburn citizens.

I read your comment and thought about changing it 47er........ then thought again. It can stay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Companies going bust left right and centre, many industries struggling, rising food and utility bills, many individuals far worse off now than 2/3 years ago. Of little suprise to me that people are evaluating the costs associated with going to the football and deciding whether it represents good value or not. Wembley if it happens will be a cost many simply cannot afford.

Meanwhile the cup represents a pleasant distraction for me, from our increasingly concerning league form. Hopeful that we show some attacking intent as I would rather lose trying to win, rather than defending for 90 minutes and hoping to nick a goal somewhere along the line. Also hopeful but not overly optimistic that MA plays with an extra man in midfield as opposed to again wasting a position isolating two upfront who dont contribute gifting the general play to the opposition yet again. We are predictably non creative at the moment and it would be pleasing to give Millwall's defence something to think about as Shittu will win everything lofted aimlessly forward.

We will struggle to win if we don't score. We will struggle to score if we don't create chances. We will struggle to create chances if we don't have the ball. We did not have one shot on target in the last game (although we hit the post) and 2 goals from the last 6 matches (against the bottom placed team in the league) tells its own story. We must play better to get to Wembley and if we don't change anything, then nothing will change.

I'd hazard a guess that ESPN are contractually obliged to show two of the quarter finals and would run a million miles from having to show this fixture and pay both clubs for the dubious privilege of doing so if they could. I guess they've moved it to suit the rest of their TV schedule.

I can't really see that moving kick off 15 mins should be a cause for complaint really. For me like I say in an ideal world itd be 7pm or earlier so youngsters can attend on a weekday night.

Is it true ESPN have to pay something in the region of £200K for this match?

Companies going bust left right and centre, many industries struggling, rising food and utility bills, many individuals far worse off now than 2/3 years ago. Of little suprise to me that people are evaluating the costs associated with going to the football and deciding whether it represents good value or not. Wembley if it happens will be a cost many simply cannot afford.

Exactly,times are hard and to expect folk with family's to fork out 200-300 for the day to watch a football match in London is a financial step too far for many.

Its a shame but thats how it is for many folk in Blackburn.

Just as a matter of interest Paul if you have unsubscribed how do you know that he hasn't?

Because the TO sent me a confirmation of my ticket purchase using the email registered to my ST account. Logically the club should therefore be able to email all ST holders to notify an important piece of info such as a changed KO time.

Having checked the KO time before buying my tickets by phone and the TO not mentioning a change I think it's quite reasonable to expect some sort of communication.

I had no reason to go back to the club site. As it stood yesterday Rovers were relying on unofficial sources to publicise the change. We don't get a national or local paper regularly, don't listen to Radio Lancs or other local stations so would not have known of the change.

Anton Forrester will surely have a place on the bench in this game.

Probable team:

Kean

Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson

King, Pedersen, Dunn, Marcus Olsson

Best, Rhodes

Think we need a tackle in central midfield somewhere.... Dunn and Pedersen is beyond weak off the ball. Are Jones, Etuhu, Stewart, Williamson all out??

For any Rovers fans at Millwall on Sunday who know the youngsters who were the two young Rovers players being beasted on the right hand side of the goal as we looked down? I think one was Raheem Hanley but I haven't a clue who the other one was.

Think we need a tackle in central midfield somewhere.... Dunn and Pedersen is beyond weak off the ball. Are Jones, Etuhu, Stewart, Williamson all out??

Jones is cup tied, Stewart is a light weight winger, etuhu is out for the season and Williamson is still injured, we only have Dunn Pedersen and Bentley who can play center mid. Unless we promote cotton or Fernandez.

We'd have to play Lowe in midfield and use a youth or makeshift right back. No way could we start with Pedersen and Dunn in the middle.

As mentioned numerous times by others I kind of agree that a lot of people are pretty much done with going now and will use any excuse they can find to almost justify it to themselves now

On this occasion its the price (which isn't really that bad)

I am one of those but don't need to find an excuse to justify it to anyone.

The bottom line is that I can't be bothered as I have lost my passion for the club.

I will happily sit at home and watch on TV with a nice bottle of red.

Clearly, I hope Rovers win but it will cause no discomfort, unlike years gone by, should we lose.

I think there are thousands like me who feel the same.

What's happened to Rekik? Is he ineligible to play?

I'd just stick Givet at right back failing all else. Or maybe even Henrique. Lowe has to stay in midfield for this one.

Edit: I see Rekik was on the bench Saturday so I assume can play. Being right footed I'd stick him out there.

Kean

Rekik Dann Hanley Martin

King Lowe Pedersen Markus

Best Rhodes

• Backroom

Mercer it wasn't a criticism

I think some people may not know themselves that they are done though and find excuses for themselves as a way to decide not to go. I've been the same with away games this season

For any Rovers fans at Millwall on Sunday who know the youngsters who were the two young Rovers players being beasted on the right hand side of the goal as we looked down? I think one was Raheem Hanley but I haven't a clue who the other one was.

John O'Sullivan and Anton Forrester were both with the squad warming up before the game and at half-time.

The bottom line is that I can't be bothered as I have lost my passion for the club.

Clearly, I hope Rovers win but it will cause no discomfort, unlike years gone by, should we lose.

Unfortunately , I am in full agreement with you Mercerman ...

Venkys and Kean have done for me , doubt I will go to another game this season ...

But I went to Arsenal so you never know !

I thought tim Payne did realy well at the Olympics playing center mid, him cotton and Fernandez must be being considered, or we could move dann to right back and brig givet in.

So did I, strange that we at least didn't try him out in a cup game eg Bristol City at home.

Can someone do me a favour and give me an update on our injury situation, as I've been away for the past week and have had no idea what's gone on, apart from finding out the next day we lost to P'boro and Bolton.

Also have Jones or Stewart played yet?

Unfortunately , I am in full agreement with you Mercerman ...

Venkys and Kean have done for me , doubt I will go to another game this season ...

But I went to Arsenal so you never know !

In that case neither of you would be turning up at Wembley should we get there then :)

Why do you come on here then except to cheese everyone off with your miserable persona ?

Personally, I can't wait for tomorrow night. Looking forward to it immensely.

If thats what it is then it's better than Murphy and Etohu..... or at least it is until circa the 60th minute when MGP will be on his own. :(

Pedersen on his own after an hour? Dunn would be on his own from minute 1!

In the absence of any other alternative, I'd go with Dunn and possibly shove Givet into midfield in the hope he can rattle a few cages.

Archived