BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this week is massive tonites gives us a chance of something to cheer about after the last couple of years , Sunday also massive with local pride but the fact is defeat on Sunday and we'll be fighting for out Championship lives..............so lets end all the bitching and get down to Ewood on a bitterly cold evening and cheer us on ! -

if we make it bring the Venkys Out banners back out at Wembley for all the world to see...

Millwall have sold just over 400 tckts for tonight although they're expecting quite a few to pay on night. Looks like 10k is optomistic then. It really doesn't help having the replay so soon it would seem.

You know the club is in trouble and has disenfranchised its supporter base when it will struggle to get 10,000+ for a quarter final with a semi at Wembley against Wigan at stake.

Turn the clock back over two years if you could and I would suggest that we would have seen a minimum of 20,000 Rovers' supporters there tonight.

If we win, and I hope and think we will, the next embarrassment will be the number of unsold tickets we return for the semi.

A lot of people still don't get it as to how much damage, IMO, the clowns from Pune and Kean, Agnew, Singh, Shaw etc have done to our club. To many of us, the heart and soul has been ripped out and an odd signing, win or quarter final will not repair that damage.

You get a lot of stick for saying it like it is Mercerman but I think your absolutely spot on with those comments.

Go to help Appleton and the players. This is a chance to get to Wembley, god knows when the next chance will come along. Yes Venkys are still around but that doesn't mean people should refuse to support the team. I think the message has been made and heard. Not attending wont achieve anything.

I think people staying away will achieve something - they will slightly lessen our chances of Wembley, they will increase the liklihood of administration if the Venky's do decide to pull out. I fully understand what they have done to our club - but the truth of the matter is staying away doesn't really impact our owners - but it does potentially harm the club itself. Having said all that - I won't be there tonight - but it is nothing to do with the owners.

Millwall have sold just over 400 tckts for tonight although they're expecting quite a few to pay on night. Looks like 10k is optomistic then. It really doesn't help having the replay so soon it would seem.

There never used to be any problems with having replay's so soon after the original game, in fact the opposite was true. The problem now is that you can't just turn up, pay on the gate and sit/stand wherever you want.

No it doesn't.

All it does, IMO, is confirm, if it was needed, that we have a club owned and run by folk bereft of commonsense, initiative, imagination and nous.

You know the club is in trouble and has disenfranchised its supporter base when it will struggle to get 10,000+ for a quarter final with a semi at Wembley against Wigan at stake.

Turn the clock back over two years if you could and I would suggest that we would have seen a minimum of 20,000 Rovers' supporters there tonight.

If we win, and I hope and think we will, the next embarrassment will be the number of unsold tickets we return for the semi.

A lot of people still don't get it as to how much damage, IMO, the clowns from Pune and Kean, Agnew, Singh, Shaw etc have done to our club. To many of us, the heart and soul has been ripped out and an odd signing, win or quarter final will not repair that damage.

Unfortunately this is true, unfortunately some people want to move on without recognising the root causes nor wanting to deal with them. Head in the sand I suggest,

Tin hat on!!

There never used to be any problems with having replay's so soon after the original game, in fact the opposite was true. The problem now is that you can't just turn up, pay on the gate and sit/stand wherever you want.

Agree. Bring back the cash turnstiles i say. Quite a few seem to have them in the Champ for visiting fans. Should be the same for home fans.

• Backroom

I think there will be about 9,000 there however as with the league games the attendance will be given as 13,000

Can't do that as you can't count season tickets in a cup game

Just been down to get mine, its deserted down at Ewood I thought a few would be there

Decent sale in the shop mind you, didn't buy anything though

We do get it because you keep telling us - at least 3 times a day.

Look, I'd love to have Sam Allardyce back and I wish Thatcher had never been born but you have to live with these things.

Get your rattle and scarf out and get down to Ewood tonight and stop chuffing' moaning.

Got to say after reading that idiots comments I'm giving it second thoughts now.

I know it's pedantic, but PA's got me thinking. Just how many times have their been games at Ewood where the prize is a game at Wembley?

Cup games traditionally had a semi that was played at a neutral ground. Even if not, it would only be a 50% chance of a two-legged semi being at Ewood last. We were away for the second leg of 92 play off semis. 87 FMC semi maybe? 60 FAC semi was Maine road.

So HAS there been a game in our lifetimes at Ewood that would directly lead to Wembly?

we were away for 2nd leg of play off semi against Derby in '92 so that one's a no - there was however a big screen set up & quite of few of us were actually at Ewood watching a game where we had a chance of going to Wembley, but I think that's stretching it a bit - only one I can remember is '87.

Archived