BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Hope the fans will turn up tonight and get us to wembley. Won't have a better chance for many years.

I would certainly start David Dunn. He will give us a bt of composure and class in the middle of the midfield.

Prediction: Dunn inspired Rovers victory. Rhodes to score.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine from the town centre ticket office. I asked how they were selling. He stated they had actually been very busy this morning. I guess it's all relatively speaking though; the town centre shop never seems too busy when I go in.

Let's hope those of us who still go, and don't stay at home, bleating to all and sundry about not going anymore, can muster 13-14k so it's not too embarrassing.

You get a lot of stick for saying it like it is Mercerman but I think your absolutely spot on with those comments.

Yes of course he's right, some knew it before the deal was done. The reason Mercerman gets stick is because he repeats the same stuff every hour of every day - it's this type of repetitive posting which has made the site static and the large majority of threads not worth reading.

I think people staying away will achieve something................. I fully understand what they have done to our club - but the truth of the matter is staying away doesn't really impact our owners - but it does potentially harm the club itself.

Christ on a bike. Do some still believe that??

The world is not flat and the sun does not revolve around the earth either ;)

Yes of course he's right, some knew it before the deal was done. The reason Mercerman gets stick is because he repeats the same stuff every hour of every day - it's this type of repetitive posting which has made the site static and the large majority of threads not worth reading.

Utter b o l l o c k s !

Over the last fortnight and beyond, I doubt if I have averaged 2 posts a day.

If you are going to have a go at me, then at least please get your facts right.

Utter b o l l o c k s !

Over the last fortnight and beyond, I doubt if I have averaged 2 posts a day.

If you are going to have a go at me, then at least please get your facts right.

No its not utter b*^%*ck;s has you say ,you only come on here to slag rovers off or brag about being a great gambler .

No its not utter b*^%*ck;s has you say ,you only come on here to slag rovers off or brag about being a great gambler .

With an insight like yours, a demitasse should fit your head like a sombrero.

I've been as big a critic/boycotter as any in the last year or so but I really can't understand the negativity towards this fixture. We're one win away from Wembley. Which if things carry on as they have been, could be our biggest game in the next couple of decades. Think some people need a dose of reality and to start treating this as being the really big deal that it is. Its definitely worth putting on hold the anti-Venky campaign for. Get down there and get behind the team or you might spend potentially a long time of poor league and cup showings regretting it.

I've been as big a critic/boycotter as any in the last year or so but I really can't understand the negativity towards this fixture. We're one win away from Wembley. Which if things carry on as they have been, could be our biggest game in the next couple of decades. Think some people need a dose of reality and to start treating this as being the really big deal that it is. Its definitely worth putting on hold the anti-Venky campaign for. Get down there and get behind the team or you might spend potentially a long time of poor league and cup showings regretting it.

Things seem to be getting blow out of proportion, a couple of posters aren't going, a couple are undecided and a few think the gate will be poor, nothing new in that.

People need to calm down, mercerman is negative, has been since he joined and with good reason some of the time, again nothing new, must be the tension of a possible FA Cup semi-final place thats getting to everyone.

The suns shining, footballs on tonight with a few beers thrown in, lets just enjoy the moment.

Back to the preview of one of the most important games of the season.

Haven't heard the latest fitness report, so I have no idea if any of the injured players will recover in time.

Injured and cup banned players are (at this hour):

Henley, Orr, Martin Olsson, Williamson, Etuhu, CKR, Robinson, Bentley (injured) Josh Morris, DJ Cambell, Cameron Stewart and David Jones (cup tied)

If you ad to those Murphy and Givet (both unlikey to play for Rovers again), MA has a tough task to chose a proper starting 11 (well, that has been the case for Rovers in the last 2 years and a half).

Another problem might be the fitness of Dunn, King and Best. Let's see if they can play another 90 minutes.

Probable team (in my view):

Kean

Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Rekik

King, Dunn, Pedersen, Markus Olsson

Rhodes, Best

If Bentley is available, I would take off Rekik, move Markus Olsson to LB and King to LM.

I can't believe the majority of Rovers supporters have the "life is misery and pain" attitude which appears so prevalent here.

We're one win from Wembley, the sole bit of potential good news in a long time, and some appear to be on the verge of cutting their wrists despite it.

For those of us living in the USA, we can watch the match live at www.foxsoccer2go.com. It costs but it is worth it to watch the occasional Rovers match, especially one as important as this.

Things seem to be getting blow out of proportion, a couple of posters aren't going, a couple are undecided and a few think the gate will be poor, nothing new in that.

People need to calm down, mercerman is negative, has been since he joined and with good reason some of the time, again nothing new, must be the tension of a possible FA Cup semi-final place thats getting to everyone.

The suns shining, footballs on tonight with a few beers thrown in, lets just enjoy the moment.

Well said. COYB. Wemberleeeeee...

Back to the preview of one of the most important games of the season.

Haven't heard the latest fitness report, so I have no idea if any of the injured players will recover in time.

Injured and cup banned players are (at this hour):

Henley, Orr, Martin Olsson, Williamson, Etuhu, CKR, Robinson, Bentley (injured) DJ Cambell, Cameron Stewart and David Jones (cup tied)

If you ad to those Murphy and Givet (bonth unlikey to play for Rovers again), MA has a tough task to chose a proper starting 11 (well, that has been the case for Rovers in the last 2 years and a half).

Probable team (in my view):

Kean

Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Rekik

King, Dunn, Pedersen, Markus Olsson

Rhodes, Best

If Bentley is available, I would tak off Rekik, mover Markus Olsson to LB and King to RM.

Dunn & Pedersen in CM?

Only way that midfield could become any scarier is if Richard Simmons features.

The very fact the next game is at Wembley is actually a big negative for me.

An FA Cup semi-final at Wembley? Followed by the cup final at, er, Wembley again?

No thanks.

Especially, since we have Wigan (should we get through tonight), so it makes total sense for us supporters to have the semi in the North West (no shortage of grounds), but then us supporters on a local and a national and international (World Cup in Qatar anyone?) level ceased to matter a long, long time ago.

Having said that, I'll be watching tonight and COYB!

Dunn & Pedersen in CM?

Only way that midfield could become any scarier is if Richard Simmons features.

I know it is a bad midfield (on paper, at least) but there are not many players to chose from if Bentley and Orr don't recover.

The only other players available are Givet, Murphy (both will hardly play), Goodwillie, Nuno Gomes, Sandomierski,

What I expect today is a 110% effort and commitment from our players. It's the only way we can beat them (considering the many fitness issues)

An FA Cup semi-final at Wembley? Followed by the cup final at, er, Wembley again?

No thanks.

Yeah, you're right, f### it! We'll probably lose tonight anyway so you don't need to worry matey

No thanks.

I know right. I'm mean - I can't imagine anything worse.

:rolleyes:

Some Rovers fans need a keaning big wake up call. Getting to Wembley for us - even if it's the JPT - is a massive occasion, and a real treat.

One which Millwall might be enjoying instead of us if we don't play well tonight.

Christ on a bike! There are plenty of things for Rovers fans to moan and worry about - an FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley ain't one of them.

I'm going on tonight wrapped up in me long johns and thermal vest.

I'll be cheering on the "stiffs" and hoping we can get through to the semi.

But, knowing what it's like to be a Rovers fan for such a long time, my pessimism forecasts we'll lose on penalties. :(

You've both missed the point.

Very happy to be one game from an FA Cup semi-final.

It shouldn't be at Wembley is all I'm saying.

No moaning being done from here. Sorry.

Oh and Greggyk, neither you nor I have any idea what the result will be tonight. I just hope we win and I'm sure you do too.

• Backroom

I do wonder if the people I've seen on social media saying its only the cup and not important will moan anyway if we lose

There's enough to moan about I'm just hoping we can all enjoy tonight and be excited at the end of the game

Archived