BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

Come Wednesday you'll see how the pricing policy has affected the attendance

No doubt. The benefits culture is epidemic proportions around these parts. But as the old saying goes 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'. It's inevitable that this town will end up with the team it deserves.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember us kicking off some night matches at 7.15 occasionally in the sixties, any oldtimers able to confirm that ? To the people complaining about missing 15 minutes - look on the bright side,that's 15 minutes of dross you won't have to watch.

:lol: I've high hopes for Weds. We are due a result.

I seem to remember us kicking off some night matches at 7.15 occasionally in the sixties, any oldtimers able to confirm that ? To the people complaining about missing 15 minutes - look on the bright side,that's 15 minutes of dross you won't have to watch.

Interesting TS, That's before my time, was definitely 7.30 in the early 70's and probably beyond into the early to mid 80's.

I'm guessing the arbitrary and general move back to 7.45 was to allow for congestion as traffic increased exponentially over the years. It is difficult trying to get in somewhere like Anfield or OT for an evening kick off.

I hardly think congestion will be a problem on Wednesday night though.

Arguably, that kick off time is friendly to supporters taking young fans into account and the possibility of extra time.

If it was up to me I'd kick off at 6p.m. like we did with that Europa tie once that attracted a crowd of c24k.

Me too. 6pm was a brillaint time to play and allowed people to make a proper night of it. Lots still moaned about it though.

(Bayer Leverkeusan btw.)

Interesting TS, That's before my time, was definitely 7.30 in the early 70's and probably beyond into the early to mid 80's.

I'm guessing the arbitrary and general move back to 7.45 was to allow for congestion as traffic increased exponentially over the years. It is difficult trying to get in somewhere like Anfield or OT for an evening kick off.

I hardly think congestion will be a problem on Wednesday night though.

At that time I used to get the Ribble bus over from Rochdale. The last bus home ( 158 ? ) left The Boulevard at 9.15. I used to leave the ground right on the final whistle around 8.55 and run up that bloody hill ( I was fit then ) all the way to the bus stop next to Queens Park Hospital to catch the bus about 9.20. I never missed the last bus but I had a few close shaves ! When they moved the kick off to 7.30 a bit later on I had to leave 10 minutes earlier and run faster !

At that time I used to get the Ribble bus over from Rochdale. The last bus home ( 158 ? ) left The Boulevard at 9.15. I used to leave the ground right on the final whistle around 8.55 and run up that bloody hill ( I was fit then ) all the way to the bus stop next to Queens Park Hospital to catch the bus about 9.20. I never missed the last bus but I had a few close shaves ! When they moved the kick off to 7.30 a bit later on I had to leave 10 minutes earlier and run faster !

That's a bloody long way in 25 minutes! Fair play to you.

Bloody hell TS that's good going making it all the way up there!

Sounds like the Monty Python sketch - "I had to get up an hour before I went to bed to lick t'road clean. And you tell the young 'uns today - they don't believe you!"

:D

That's a bloody long way in 25 minutes! Fair play to you.

You're telling me, up hill all the bloody way too. One or two times I remember bursting out by that pub that used to be facing the hospital and seeing the bus coming up the road ! Made it by 10 seconds or so. It'd be along walk home if you missed the last bus. Like a said I was fit then and I could run and run.

To be honest the earlier kick off suits us too. Means that even with extra time and pens, should that prove necessary, we won't be too late home. Daughter coming from Salford has to start work very early next day but will have plenty of time to get back and get a decent night's sleep. Less time to kill in Blackburn before the match for me, as it's hardly worth going home to come back again but if KO is 8pm, I have to do it as i can't stay at school that late. I appreciate it's a nuisance for some, but it's swings and roundabouts - you'll please some and not others. Tickets seemed to be going quite well when I was down there, although why sell them outside on one of the coldest days we've had recently I don't know - I must be getting soft in my old age but I was pleased there wasn't a queue.

OK I give in.

I wonder which from our bunch of completely useless idiots that run our club and our club website decided to put up a big next match picture announcing KO at 19.45. This is the first thing one sees on the site when using a mobile.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/

Scroll down and there is news article announcing the KO has changed to 19.30.

Pathetic. Absurdly @#/? pathetic. If I didn't read the MB I would have missed 15 minutes

Shape or ship out.

I spotted this this afternoon and emailed Lee at the club. He told me that the bit which lists the next match is input by the Press Association and not Rovers so they can't do anything about it, other than tell them to make the change. PA have been told but as I type it still hasn't been updated. Presumably it's a consequence of the website contract that Rovers (and nearly all other Football League clubs) are tied into.

How did you manage to buy your ticket before it was known whether there'd be a replay or not?

I'm not aware that ANY kick off time had been formally announced other than the 7.30 one. Have you not bought your ticket assuming it's going to be a 7.45 kick off.

In any event, if the kick off time change really does cause you difficulty and you don't think it'd be worth attending as a result, explain your predicament to the ticket office and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a refund.

A subsequent member of this board might have pointed it out, but in e-mails sent out after yesterday's draw, kick off was down as 7:45.

I was quite surprised after buying my ticket today that the time had been changed to 7:30.

I spotted this this afternoon and emailed Lee at the club. He told me that the bit which lists the next match is input by the Press Association and not Rovers so they can't do anything about it, other than tell them to make the change. PA have been told but as I type it still hasn't been updated. Presumably it's a consequence of the website contract that Rovers (and nearly all other Football League clubs) are tied into.

Yes I can appreciate that though it doesn't change my view. I phoned for my tickets yesterday afternoon and no one mentioned the changed KO time. It would have been a sensible thing to do.

Plus I was sent an email confirmation, a good idea though much of the text relates to last year"s ST sales, and the email makes no mention of the change.

Given all the running around I have pre-game I find it very disappointing we can't get the KO time right. Lee manages to send out so much junk email I had to unsubscribe He should be capable of sending out important mail as well.

Only cos it was free :P

If I remember rightly, that 6pm game was only at that time because the club got paid a lot of money off German sports channel, to play the game at that time and they reduced ticket prices because they believed they would struggle to get a big crowd by playin the game at that time (lower ticket prices were subsidised by higher tv income).

I don't post much on here but after reading some of posts on this thread I felt I had to.

In my lifetime as a Rovers fan I have seen us play in the 2nd division, win a cup at Wembley,get knocked out of numerous play offs, win promotion at Wembley through the play offs, win the Premier League, play in Europe, be relegated, get promoted, win the League cup, play in Europe again and be relegated again. And I'm only 40!

Tomorrow we have the best chance we've had in a while to get to Wembley albeit in a semi final and people are moaning about ko times and ticket prices. Of course its a roller coaster being a Rovers fan as I've shown above, we know that by now.

Stop moaning and either go and support your team or don't bother. It's up to you. I'll be there.

• Backroom

As mentioned numerous times by others I kind of agree that a lot of people are pretty much done with going now and will use any excuse they can find to almost justify it to themselves now

On this occasion its the price (which isn't really that bad)

. Presumably it's a consequence of the website contract that Rovers (and nearly all other Football League clubs) are tied into.

Rovers chose to have the same crappy company that most clubs seem to choose to run the websitesites, out of laziness, as they had the same shi.t website in the premierleague.

Some of the bigger clubs have embraced the internet and have decent websites but sadly most clubs, Rovers included, pay it scant lip service, hence the terrrible shambolic abortion of a website

I don't post much on here but after reading some of posts on this thread I felt I had to.

In my lifetime as a Rovers fan I have seen us play in the 2nd division, win a cup at Wembley,get knocked out of numerous play offs, win promotion at Wembley through the play offs, win the Premier League, play in Europe, be relegated, get promoted, win the League cup, play in Europe again and be relegated again. And I'm only 40!

Tomorrow we have the best chance we've had in a while to get to Wembley albeit in a semi final and people are moaning about ko times and ticket prices. Of course its a roller coaster being a Rovers fan as I've shown above, we know that by now.

Stop moaning and either go and support your team or don't bother. It's up to you. I'll be there.

Hang on, bud. The only person who has moaned about the ko time is me - because it causes a genuine issue. But I'll be there anyway. I'm not using it as an excuse not to go.

This is a messageboard where people are allowed to vent if they want, surely?

Rovers chose to have the same crappy company that most clubs seem to choose to run the websitesites, out of laziness, as they had the same shi.t website in the premierleague.

Some of the bigger clubs have embraced the internet and have decent websites but sadly most clubs, Rovers included, pay it scant lip service, hence the terrrible shambolic abortion of a website

Rovers entered into the contract they have for the website along with virtually all Football League clubs the last time they were in this league. Financially it was (and still is) a very lucrative deal negotiated collectively. The problem has been that the company have not been up to delivering what clubs want. The escape clause to leave the contract means it would be financially stupid to leave early.

+1000

Almost indentical to my time supporting and my feelings on this. Those who can need to remember back to 70's, 80's and even early 90's. We'd have killed for a chance of a big game at Wembley, half the town would have walked over broken glass for it. Sod Venkys for a minute it isn't about them for once, why let them spoil what could possibly be our one and only big day out for a long long time !

Quite right. The changing character of Blackburn citizens is clear for all to see and personally speaking it's not very pretty.

Archived