BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Backroom

Why should it be a "borefest" ? (whatever that is).

Today's match didn't have a great deal of incident or quality play but I really enjoyed it - a good atmosphere, both teams battling it out and a classic cup-tie in many ways.

I don't see why Wednesday shouldn't be the same and if you got off your arse and came over from Ipswich instead of watching on TV you might enjoy it too.

Have you watched any of our matches in the past few weeks pal? If you're expecting a decent match you're in for a shock come Wednesday.

Unfortunately I work, so unless you're offering to fly me back to Ipswich on a private jet after the match I'll have to prioritise my job and family over going to watch Rovers. Sorry if that irritates you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope the club will match the short replay with short prices to fill the ground = £10adults/£5 concessions... anything else isn't going to work...

18? tutut w.a.nkers

I reckon £18 is a poor price to set for the replay-considering that there is every chance we shall be watching the defence on over time again and the odd thumped up ball hoping to win a corner after an hour or so. This was an opportunity to reward fans-those at Millwall today should be in free and other season ticket holders for a nominal £5. Instead folks just won't turn up now leaving a dire atmosphere. The club hierarchy just don't seem to get it- Rovers have lost a lot of support over the past couple of years and they are not going to come back for a replay with Millwall at £18. If they by chance do get through they should tie in a semi-final ticket with a final one or else Wembley will not be a third full. I suggest it will be a lower tier opening only anyway-whover plays Wigan there.

I would hope the club will match the short replay with short prices to fill the ground = £10adults/£5 concessions... anything else isn't going to work...

18? tutut w.a.nkers

and the darwen end closed for home fans???

Assuming even Appleton can scrape 5 points from the remaining League games there's only two things left to play for this season, not getting beaten by our 6 fingered neighbours thereby extending the longstanding record and a minimum of a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final.

Really looking forward to Sunday but I heard tonight Jones is cup tied so that doesn't get us off on the right foot. Thankfully Millwall are in almost as bad form as us.

We are Oddschecker 50-1 against relegation. If we can't pick up these 5-8 or so points we well deserve relegation. Appleton made a huge mistake getting rid of Rochina. There is so little movement and creativity in the side. We were so appalling today v an out of form Millwall.

What a shame we've had such a draw when the club's in turmoil.

Imagine having Millwall then Wigan in the semis 3 years ago, we'd have really fancied our chances then.

As it is, we now have Millwall at home and then I think we will have a puncher's chance against Wigan. Imagine getting to the final after all the crap we've been through, incredible.

That was my immediate reaction Bryan! Imagine if we'd had a draw like this when we had a decent team!

As it is, should we overcome our inability to score we would go into the semi as outright underdogs--------against WIGAN!

The shame of it!

You guys realise Venkys aren't at fault? It's a replay of the Millwall game, so prices have to be set roughly the same don't they? Always been my understanding.

Apparently according to the FA that's the lowest prices we can offer for this round of the cup!

Guest Norbert

Sounded like we were very, very lucky from the bits I heard on the radio. Still, we got away with it and live to fight another day (OK, I was just trying to avoid being miserable like the majority probably are).

after today i beleive its time for pedersen to call it a day, shocking set peices, crossing woeful and does sod all the rest of the game

hopefully Dunn can stay fit enough to take mortens place in the centre for the rest of the season(fingers crossed).

p.s. any coincidence Dunn's reappearance has coincided with Murphy's exile!!!(weren't they rumoured to have had a bust up earlier in the season)

Have you watched any of our matches in the past few weeks pal? If you're expecting a decent match you're in for a shock come Wednesday.

Unfortunately I work, so unless you're offering to fly me back to Ipswich on a private jet after the match I'll have to prioritise my job and family over going to watch Rovers. Sorry if that irritates you.

tbf jim does have a point, though results haven't been going our way and most of the playing staff simply lack any real quality there's still a lot to be had from seeing the team actually showing some real fight for the 1st time in 2 years.

• Backroom

tbf jim does have a point, though results haven't been going our way and most of the playing staff simply lack any real quality there's still a lot to be had from seeing the team actually showing some real fight for the 1st time in 2 years.

I've seen the team play three times in the last month and a half so I'm well aware of that, thanks. Just because I'm in Ipswich doesn't automatically mean I mustn't go to games. Those who travelled to Ipswich at the start of the season will appreciate it isn't an easy commute, especially with a job and a family to consider. If I felt my location had any impact on my opinion I'd just not have it up here or set is as "Blackburn" as apparently that would suddenly make my opinion far more valid.

Fact is, if you think my location means my opinion is nonsense then by all means put me on ignore or just don't reply to my posts.

It's my opinion that our games in the past few weeks have been boring, backed up by the fact WE NEVER SCORE ANY GOALS. You don't even have to go to a match to see that because it's in the @#/? stats, along with our low shot count. It's hardly a stretch of the imagination to assume a midweek match in freezing conditions against Millwall is going to suddenly produce a masterclass from our sad squad, but if you want to believe it will by all means, go ahead.

It's my opinion that our games in the past few weeks have been boring, backed up by the fact WE NEVER SCORE ANY GOALS. You don't even have to go to a match to see that because it's in the @#/? stats, along with our low shot count. It's hardly a stretch of the imagination to assume a midweek match in freezing conditions against Millwall is going to suddenly produce a masterclass from our sad squad, but if you want to believe it will by all means, go ahead.

Sorry "pal" but you weren't there today - FYI it was a very watchable, hard battle and a good atmosphere in a hostile ground. You really should get out more.

No one's expected a "masterclass" in the replay but most people would settle for a 1-0 win. it should be a cracking tie and Rovers fans will be out in force. Can't wait.

I only watched it on TV(via the web) and I thought it was a good game(considering both teams are a bit crud), typical hardworking cup tie and the replay should be different as more risks will be taken, rovers wont want extra time with another big game coming next weekend.

JHC can people stop moaning about the keaning prices. The FA have a minimum charge which is prob £15 for this stage and both clubs have to agree anyway. It's still £2 quid cheaper than Millwall, we all know footy is an expensive hobby anyway but it's the same for all clubs fans and clubs can't do it for free, it's just the way things are. It would be nice for the town to make an effort for once and really do their bit and try to help get us all a good day out at Wembley, god knows this team needs all the help it can get. No doubt it'll just be the usual 12k diehards plus whatever Millwall bring :(

Hopefully for Dave Whelan's sake we can make the numbers up at Wembley. Maybe some of the lads'll be match fit by then. Got to get past a bad Millwall team who will dominate midfield unless Dunny's fit and well. Thought Dann was outstanding, Hanley good and a confident keeper. What's happened to

Bentley? Only the attitude is left...??

Given that fantastic draw, how upsetting would it be now to sit through another 120 mins of mind numbing boredom on Wednesday with neither side creating a chance worthy of the name only to crash out on penalties?

You sort of know it's probably coming but you can't help yourself, like a moth drawn towards the flame.

I must admit I actually enjoyed the game today Rev. Not for the purists but an old fashioned tough tackling battle as we use to get playing Millwall. It's still a hugely intimidating environment and even the weather was unwelcoming! I just hope we can patch up the walking wounded to get out a team on Wednesday. Bentley was struggling with an injury, Hanley was hobbling badly at one point and King looked anything but fit. Sadly, injuries are now beginning to take their toll and the one thing we will need on Wednesday which we didn't have today is a strong referee.

How I wish we could have settled this game today either way,my conclusion after watching the game is that this team is on its final legs....we looked totally knackered and devoid of idea!

What with Burnley on Sunday and the team now looking to have to fight for league points anyone else got a terrible feeling about all this,all too much to handle? :unsure:

That was a really fun game for me to watch. Laughed every time I saw Dann heading the ball away (he was outstanding) because the wrap was basically covering his eyes. Best didn't look ready, but it was so physical and even Orr was very good. (nasty collision, had to have broken a rib or something right? Most guys wouldn't go into that tackle) Anyway, I think we can get through now. And then Wigan... I shouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Smashing headache but couple of comments - Scott Dann deserves a lot of credit, led by example.

Set pieces were so bad - Dunn at least provided some creativity when he came on

Thank **** I don't have work today

On a hideous pitch with an east wind howling, away from home, half the team hardly having played all season, come on, That is a damn fine result. Performance awful, but what the hell. We are still in the cup.

The pitch looked fine to me. Ground a bit if a tip but pitch ok.

Archived