BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

What a shame we've had such a draw when the club's in turmoil.

Imagine having Millwall then Wigan in the semis 3 years ago, we'd have really fancied our chances then.

As it is, we now have Millwall at home and then I think we will have a puncher's chance against Wigan. Imagine getting to the final after all the crap we've been through, incredible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a hideous pitch with an east wind howling, away from home, half the team hardly having played all season, come on, That is a damn fine result. Performance awful, but what the hell. We are still in the cup.

Yep, got it in one.

Appleton said that 4 of our players today were only 60% fit: Best, King, Bentley and Dunn.

It definitely showed. Why King was even on the pitch is baffling. The guy couldn't run (I don't think it was a case of him not being arsed) and how is he supposed to affect the game in that condition? Very strange. Give some of the young lads a go, for christ sake! John O'Sullivan travelled down with the squad, I hear. Surely he could have been given a chance. Couldn't have done much worse than King!

A replay is a replay and I'm glad we get another bite of the cherry. But, truth be told, I just can't wait to see the back of this season.

Given that fantastic draw, how upsetting would it be now to sit through another 120 mins of mind numbing boredom on Wednesday with neither side creating a chance worthy of the name only to crash out on penalties?

You sort of know it's probably coming but you can't help yourself, like a moth drawn towards the flame.

Filing this from my new posh phone after a freezing day in sarf London. Cold Blow Lane is aptly named.

Well, I don't know whether to be depressed or encouraged after that performance.

Conditions were tough with a bumpy pitch and strong, cold wind but we were truly awful first half and I cannot remember us string 2 passes together.

We improved alot in the second half and Dunn certainly made a difference. Whether he can sustain it over 90 minutes now though is debatable.

Overall, we have to be satisfied. We stood up to a tough Milllwall team and deserved a replay. Henley and Dann were overall very good, Bentley is improving and has that touch of class and Best worked hard. King was poor, Lowe is better at right back and although I'm a fan of his Pedersen had one of his more forgettable games.

We have a great chance to reach the semis and Appleton has to show more attacking intent in the replay.

Completely agree with this. It reminded me a lot of Willington away: tough match in poor conditions where getting stuck in was the primary requirement. All that counts in the cup is results and we just avoided defeat and kept a clean sheet for the third tough away tie in a row. Wembley here we come...twice!

Thought the players gave 100% commitment today but some were well off the pace due to lack of match fitness whereas others are low on quality.

Dann, Hanley, Kean were brilliant. Dunn was really good when he came on. Good that Best and King got.some football under their belt.

Midfield lacks so much class it's unreal. Decent result, excellent defensive play, woeful going forward. Need to add more quality to that midfield in the summer.

App is building from the back which is what both allardyce and hughes did. it's the correct approach to take even if the football is painful to watch. We'll see more midfield quality added in the summer and be a better attacking force.

Imagine the replay will be on ESPN.

I'm struggling for too many positives to be honest, we just did really what should be expected from any BRFC team which is work hard. We defended pretty well but if we had the chances that Hulse and Keogh had we would have expected two goals so I can't really sing from the rooftops about defending.

Going forwards was dire, we had no shots on target, how anybody can be happy with any game with that stat bemuses me.

Get excited. You may have only two and a bit days to enjoy it.

We're had a miserable couple of years. If there is any justice we'll get to Wembley.

If the players can't deliver this then we are in real trouble (and the manager will be up against it).

What's the point of us getting to the final? We'll get absolutely annihilated.

The point is I've never seen Rovers in the FA Cup Final. My lads have never done it, this is a huge chance for us all to go - together.

Can't see too many people being willing to pay £18 to watch that load of old tosh again.

18 quid is mighty cheap given the importance of the game imo. I warned that cheap ST's would devalue the product when JW brought them in and I appear to have been proven correct. Should we progress to the semi I dread to think what the reaction will be to the cost of travelling to Wembley and back.

Just as an aside Simon what do you think they should be priced at? Rem BRFC is a business that desperately needs to make some money.

Massive week for Rovers coming up. We could potentially be on the way to wembley, beat our local rivals and more or less guarantee safety in the league.

On the flip side, we could blow our best chance of going to wembley for many decades, lose to our local rivals for the first time in decades and be sucked into a relegation battle.

Big, big week which could bring some positivity back to the club.

well done rovers today battled to the end great to see dunny comeing on and getting us goin proud of the lads lets get to ewood on wed night and proper get behind them we need to be vocal as we can looking forward to it , watch the late kick off show tonite bbc1 11 25pm they have done an interview with derek shaw about venkys etc ,

Massive week for Rovers coming up. We could potentially be on the way to wembley, beat our local rivals and more or less guarantee safety in the league.

On the flip side, we could blow our best chance of going to wembley for many decades, lose to our local rivals for the first time in decades and be sucked into a relegation battle.

Big, big week which could bring some positivity back to the club.

If only we had some players who feel the same way.

18 quid is mighty cheap given the importance of the game imo. I warned that cheap ST's would devalue the product when JW brought them in and I appear to have been proven correct. Should we progress to the semi I dread to think what the reaction will be to the cost of travelling to Wembley and back.

Just as an aside Simon what do you think they should be priced at? Rem BRFC is a business that desperately needs to make some money.

Does your whole existence revolve aroung being seen to be right? Lowering S/T's just meant getting more people in the ground. Which 'product' did it devalue? It's a football match, not an item on a supermarket shelf.

A statement that I tend to share.

can you 'share' a statement? Or is at sentiment than can be shared? I only ask because you seem to call a lot of people stupid on these boards.

Brilliant result, we will be your third game in 7 days next Sunday. Just hoping for extra time and penalties now on Wednesday

I keep saying this but if you don't get a result this time you never will. This is the worst Rovers side in 40 year for me, if you lose again it'll be time to call it a day and build houses on t''Turf.

• Backroom

Brilliant result, we will be your third game in 7 days next Sunday. Just hoping for extra time and penalties now on Wednesday

True it is great news for your mob but on the flip side if somehow we get through on Wednesday our rag tag bunch may have their peckers up and be up for another game

Archived