BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blummin' 'eck that was awful!
If we had one midfielder whose legs weren't completely knackered we would have won that.

Kean played great. He looked like he was playing to go to Wembley.

Josh King on the other hand - Ralph Little and Gordon Ramsey looked more at home on a football pitch in one of those charity matches. Surely he is destined for League One, even if we aren't.

Defensively were really solid. Creatively we are just awful, the amount of times we gave it away was just staggering. Managed to score in only one of our last six games. I find that stat terrifying as we plummet down the league. Thought the replay would be next week and not this week, really annoying with the timing of the dingles urrghh.

• Backroom

Wingers were abysmal, full backs and central midfield not much better and attack invisible.

Both teams missed a sitter and will be happy enough not to lose

Another poor performance to add to the list.

What concerns me is that we can't get anything going attacking wise, all we seem to do is launch the ball from back to front and hope it pays off. It's been our attacking tactic since Appleton had taken over but we saw even more of it with Best up front and this without doubt played into Millwall's hands today. if that's the plan from Appleton to score goals in the league then we aren't going to score much.

I think it's time we now questioned the fitness levels at the club, two more players injured today and overall a @#/? load of injuries since Appleton has taken over. I know the players looked unfit under Kean but is Appleton pushing them too hard too quickly? King was brought back way too early by the looks of it, he couldn't even jog in the second half.

At least we're still in it, extremely fortunate, 99 times out of a 100 Hulse would have buried that simple chance.

Normally I'd be ecstatic about earning a replay, however we're so poor under Appleton I can't see us scoring in, or winning the replay either so I just feel flat.

I've never rated King, Bentley might as well fook off back to Spurs, Pedersen was his usual ghastly self and Best understandably looks way off the pace.

We have to start with a recognised CM on Wednesday. Either Dunn or Murphy. Preferably Dunn. Bring in Fabio Nunes for King and also bring in Nuno Gomes to try and link up play a bit.

I feel sorry for everyone who travelled down and paid to watch that dross. Make all the excuses you want, but the bottom line is we are playing very poorly. Going forward we are totally without ideas and have no skill to pass the ball. Even from throw ins we lose possession. At least we have a decent keeper and Dann has come on leaps and bounds this season.

We need a replay this week like a hole in the head.

At least we're still in it, extremely fortunate, 99 times out of a 100 Hulse would have buried that simple chance.

Normally I'd be ecstatic about earning a replay, however we're so poor under Appleton I can't see us scoring in, or winning the replay either so I just feel flat.

Feel the same. Will it be extra time and then penalties if necessary on Weds?

We're still only 90 minutes away from Wembley, but I can't say I'm feeling it. Nightmare scenario would be to lose the replay on pens and then be so knacked the dingles manage to turn us over.

hope its cut down prices for the replay as it will be a very low turnout.

Yeah they are going to have to make it a good price to entice fans to get to Ewood, cant see many of those who went today wanting to pay to watch that again

Yeah they are going to have to make it a good price to entice fans to get to Ewood, cant see many of those who went today wanting to pay to watch that again

it was a very poor game but from both teams. defensivly we played well but we are awful going forward

it should be £5 to ST holders and £10 to the rest. cant believe they only give a club 3 days to organise a match

The wrinkles on Murphy's upper arm haven't yet faded and people are already getting misty eyed about him.

He has been absolutely garbage. No way would he have made a difference today.

Not saying it's a disgrace that he didn't play, just that his passing ability and wanting the ball would have been preferable to the meaningless hoofing in the first half. Things did look a bit better (if also more shaky defensively) in the second with Dunn offering some decent stuff from central midfield, one starts to think about him playing in front of two defensive midfielders and then remembers that he hasn't got the legs for more than 45 minutes tops of professional football anymore... Shame.

The game as a whole was extremely torrid with 0-0 sounding about right as a fair result. I'm sure it was part of Appleton's gameplan to not take any risks and hope for something out of nothing from Best/Rhodes, but that game plan absolutely killed any hope of getting something from our two quite skillful wingers who wasn't given anything at all to work with. We need someone with at least a semblence of passing ability in central midfield if we want to have any chance of winning games on our own merit, if that means we have to sacrifice a forward to balance the team then so be it.

His passing ability and wanting the ball would have been preferable to the meaningless hoofing in the first half.

Ha ha, ridiculous statement. The guy gives it away every single time he attempts to pass and must say him wanting the ball is a new one on me. Shirker doesn't begin to cover it.

Archived