BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful performance by us and now Orr ful on for Henley.

Bentley might as well not have bothered again, and I'd forgotten King was playing until I saw his orange hair on about 33 mins.

I thought the foul given on Kean for the disallowed goal was soft and now they've hit the post.

It's a bit of a miracle we're still at 0-0. Perhaps we're going to be ***** and nick it.

Over reaction on here in ridiculous. They may be the better team, but how many times have they properly troubled us? Once

We are playing really bad though

The problem is how many times have we actually made an attacking play... None!!

• Backroom

In reality they have had one chance they hit the post, we had one chance and Rhodes didn't do enough.

They've been better but not by much

0-0 at half time isn't too bad, the tie is still there to be won

Dreadful performance by us and now Orr ful on for Henley.

Bentley might as well not have bothered again, and I'd forgotten King was playing until I saw his orange hair on about 33 mins.

I thought the foul given on Kean for the disallowed goal was soft and now they've hit the post.

It's a bit of a miracle we're still at 0-0. Perhaps we're going to be ***** and nick it.

It's tough for the two wide players to make an appearance when we play with no central midfielders (revolutionary tactics I have to say) and our only option is to lump it up to the forwards.

Exceptionally dire from both teams. This actually highlights why we've been usung Murphy so,much, despite being over the hill he's our only midfielder with something resembling calm and passing skill. We need to change something, possibly moving Bentley infield as a deep lying forward, or we're going to get punished on a free kick or corner.

• Backroom

We won't play well until the end of the season now, the players aren't talented enough or motivated enough to give a decent account of themselves. The best we can hope for is a few scraped draws and lucky wins, this game included.

If, as a supporter, you don't mind a player whose wages you pay telling you to feck off, then, no.

I say it was wrong of Orr. It was also wrong of the fans that have been screaming abuse at him and calling him all sorts of names. I'm sick of this bullshit with "we pay their wages", well frankly if one of my customers was screaming that i was @#/? and that my wife was a whore then my customer would be getting more than "feck off" in return.

The problem is how many times have we actually made an attacking play... None!!

Yup. We have not strung more than three passes together. Clearly the instruction is to lump the ball to Best at every opportunity. Problem is this has not even remotely offered anything. Not even one half decent knock down. It's been abject.

Sadly from what I have seen from Appleton so far I do not think he will change it. He doesn't like to change a game plan for some reason.

Looking at the bench probably the best option would to take off either Best or Rhodes and bring on Dunn and go 4231 with Dunn in the hole and push Bentley and King up. Not brillinat but we may hold onto the ball better.

It's tough for the two wide players to make an appearance when we play with no central midfielders (revolutionary tactics I have to say) and our only option is to lump it up to the forwards.

Agreed. In my view as poor as Murphy's been we needed him playing today.

This is probably the poorest game of football I've watched in many a year. It seems too much to ask for a Rovers player to actually pass to a teammate. We're hoofing it up field where Shittu is eating Rhodes and Best for breakfast, while Bentley and King may as well not be on the pitch.

Big half time for Appleton, some attempt at scoring would be a bonus for the second half but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived