BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should actually have been 48 points in 2012.

In 2008 you needed 53 to be safe.

In 2005 you needed 51 points.

Looking at the current table this season after 37 games compared to the previous years at the same point, I would wager that 49 points would send you down. Yep it's only 2 wins but if we get doen to the situation where one of them is either the final home game or away at Birmingham then it would become seriously squeaky.

(not that I'm not seriously looking forward to a potential cup semi though !)

Appleton will get those two wins and more. He's a proper manager and we'll do fine.

Dann is the new permanent captain of rovers

Case in point. MA appears to want a motivated side and is doing something about it.

I agree with Le Chuck re: relegation, I don't think we'll go down for one minute, I think we'll limp in with roughly a point a game in our remaining fixtures leaving us on or around 55 points. Not that that would be a reason to celebrate or commend Appleton.

For that reason, I agree completely for once with Philip. The League season has gone, we just really need to avoid defeat by the Dingles. A Wembley semi final would on the other hand be a huge fillip (no pun intended) for everyone regardless of the eventual outcome..

An amazingly strong outburst by Appleton against Murphy and the timing on the eve of a vital game is a bit odd. Could work either way depending on how popular or otherwise Murphy is with the rest of the squad.

just think murphy will NOT be in the 18 man squad today. Hopefully Hugo Fernandez and John O'Sullivan on bench with Campbell, Jones and Stewart cup-tied.

I do wonder i that is the right decision though - depends on where his head is I suppose. At the end of the day we are short in central midfield - but I suppose if we end up with Bentley in the centre it may not be a bad thing.

I agree with Le Chuck re: relegation, I don't think we'll go down for one minute, I think we'll limp in with roughly a point a game in our remaining fixtures leaving us on or around 55 points. Not that that would be a reason to celebrate or commend Appleton.

For that reason, I agree completely for once with Philip. The League season has gone, we just really need to avoid defeat by the Dingles. A Wembley semi final would on the other hand be a huge fillip (no pun intended) for everyone regardless of the eventual outcome..

An amazingly strong outburst by Appleton against Murphy and the timing on the eve of a vital game is a bit odd. Could work either way depending on how popular or otherwise Murphy is with the rest of the squad.

Though obviously nowhere near the financial benefits of promotion - I don't think we can ignore how a semi final would help fill the massive gap in Rovers finances (if only slightly).

Though he is saying the right things - I can't help but be a little disappointed that he isn't doing this behind closed doors. As for the impact on the squad - I presume he is hoping it continues to galvanise the squad as it did against Bolton. Amazing that Dann has gone from most fans fall guy - to club captain - he is arguably one of the few players who has done fairly well this season and I will be disappointed if he leaves at the end of the season, which he probably will to help fill the massive gap in our finances.

If i were to write a 'bucket list' then one of the to do's would be to watch Rovers at wembley, which to date I haven't done. Obviously this one is out of my hands but come on boys, make it happen!

Feeling slightly confident for this for no reason whatsoever, but just have a feeling that we'll nick it.

Millwall 1 Rovers 2

I love Lee Mack! Fellow Rover from Southport! WIN!

Speaking of celebrity Rovers fans, I found out yesterday Faris Badwan lead singer of the Horrors is a big fan of us. Had to double check that one as he's a southerner and I couldn't see the link but apparently he was on Soccer AM last year in a Rovers shirt.

Must win game of the season.

And going to Wembley should give a boost to all the players and make them more hungry to get to the PL next year.

Team selection will be from these:

Kean, Orr, Givet, Lowe, Best, Rhodes, Pedersen, Murphy, Markus Olsson, King, Dann, Nuno Gomes, Rekik, Goodwillie, Henley, Sandomierski, Hanley, Bentley.

King only trained yesterday.

Orr, Givet, Murphy and Nuno Gomes are not options for MA.

So Rekik should start at LB, Markus Olsson will be the LM and Pedersen will be CM.

Speaking of celebrity Rovers fans, I found out yesterday Faris Badwan lead singer of the Horrors is a big fan of us. Had to double check that one as he's a southerner and I couldn't see the link but apparently he was on Soccer AM last year in a Rovers shirt.

That is, indeed, true!

Check this out from about 2:30 onwards...

just called off working today thought i'd supplement the income have a bet on Millwall, despondant with the state of rovers at the minute easy 3-0/3-1 or 3-2 to Millwall i was thinking looked at odds between 18 and 24 to 1 for those scores bang £20 on each can't fail but just went on the form guides to double check.

I pay so little attention to championship table thought Millwall were around playoffs not below us on a 4 game home losing streak and lost there best strikers in Jan.

Absolutely no idea now, watch first ten minutes and then bet in play may be the best bet.

Hope for rovers win........bet on the opposition seems to have been my end of season ritual on matchdays for 3 years

Great opportunity today. I just hope as a team we show up. From Cryers tweets Best is starting, but personally Id save him for the last 30 mins. He made an impact from the bench on Tuesday, its a lot harder from the start.

Hope we go and give it a go, but also remember a draw and replay is a good chance too, so no need to go gung-ho and overcommit.

Remember though that if we win its only a 1 in 3 chance of drawing Wigwam, so we are more likely to draw city or united/chelsea than the pie eaters.

Archived