BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Backroom

The timing of the replay is bad and the performance was poor but we were in an FA cup quarter away from home against a team very similar to us in the league who beat us last time we played, a draw isn't all that bad.

Obviously I'm nervous about Sunday but sadly we seem destined to be here a long time so will play Burnley often but we may never get the chance of another fa cup semi final again for a long time

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I actually enjoyed that, stood up to them, we would have wilted 2 weeks ago. Dann showed eveything Murphy doesn't have. Well done lads, win on weds and Sat now

+1

(Sunday though!)

The draw isn't bad Tom, but the performance was absolutely diabolical. Why didnt we even try to pass the ball? Every time we won it we played a low percentage hoof towards the strikers. After 60 minutes of that not working why didn't we change? I can't even begin to understand how anyone could have thought doing that continuously had a chance of being a successful tactic.

What's the point in us winning the tie? So we can go to Wembley and completely embarrass the once good name of this football club in front of an even larger audience? We are pitiful.

It's as bad as Spurs away last season when we needed a win and didnt even have a shot. The same tactics, the same apathetically useless @#/? as then.

There's some seriously rotten at BRFC, and it goes far deeper than this or any other manager.

it was a very poor game but from both teams. defensivly we played well but we are awful going forward

it should be £5 to ST holders and £10 to the rest. cant believe they only give a club 3 days to organise a match

id have thought these eventualities are planned in advance.

£18-no thanks, i simply cant afford 2 games in a week, youd think rovers would be virtually giving tkts away for the replay(£10-£15max) if they where serious about getting fans back to games

side note- thought dunny looked better than he as in ages in the 2nd halve(when he actually got on the ball), good to have him back.

id have thought these eventualities are planned in advance.

£18-no thanks, i simply cant afford 2 games in a week, youd think rovers would be virtually giving tkts away for the replay(£10-£15max) if they where serious about getting fans back to games

side note- thought dunny looked better than he as in ages in the 2nd halve, good to have him back.

I thought that as well, way better than that useless mug Murphy.

Well was not too happy with the way the team were performing, although the result will atleast mean there is a replay at home. I agree with others here that hoofing it up for 90mins is neither attractive, nor was it successful. I kept thinking every time we got the ball back that "this time" we wouldn't senselessly hoof the ball up and lose possession but for most of the match I was proven wrong.

Bentley didn't look very good to me, he seemed to get rid of the ball rather quickly instead of making the smart passes. Dunn looked like one of our better players after coming on, which is nice.

In the end though, the quality scoring chances for both teams were about equal (although Millwall had a lot more opportunities out of nothing). I look forward to the replay and hope that Henleys injury is nothing serious.

Good God that was wretched to watch.

Pub football would be a flattering description of the 'football' on show.

More hoofs in that game than I ever remember under Sam.

I think you need to take the wind strength into consideration. Strong wind is the most difficult weather condition to play in imo. Cold Blow Lane was very apt today.

I managed to listen to the final 20 mins on Radio Lancs, thank goodness I missed the rest. Simon Garner was slating e performance and total lack of quality.

SG also could not understand why King was not substituted 30 mins earlier by Appleton as "he could not move".

In London Wednesday night......does anyone know what puns in Central London who may show he game please?

Bloody hell, just seen. rovers are charging £18 for a ticket.....robbing batstewards!

• Backroom

I think you need to take the wind strength into consideration. Strong wind is the most difficult weather condition to play in imo. Cold Blow Lane was very apt today.

Probably even more reason not to keep punting it into the air over and over.

Utter garbage.

Why do we want to go any further only to suffer semi-final humiliation ?

No midfield, either central or wide.

Some players simply not fit enough to play IMO, eg King, Best and why are we suffering so many hamstring injurys, especially to young players ? Something not quite right with our training, treatment and rehab..

We will be on our knees for the Dingles.

This is a false and unwanted distraction - utter madness.

I managed to listen to the final 20 mins on Radio Lancs, thank goodness I missed the rest. Simon Garner was slating e performance and total lack of quality.

SG also could not understand why King was not substituted 30 mins earlier by Appleton as "he could not move".

In London Wednesday night......does anyone know what puns in Central London who may show he game please?

Bloody hell, just seen. rovers are charging £18 for a ticket.....robbing batstewards!

I am in London as well be good to meet up with a few rovers fans

• Backroom

If we took king off 30 minutes earlier then we'd play the last 35 mins with no subs

Probably a reason Simon garner didn't go into management

If we took king off 30 minutes earlier then we'd play the last 35 mins with no subs

That shouldn't be a particular problem.

Last week we made 3 unforced changes at half time meaning we needed to play the second 45 unable to make any further subs.

My twopenneth, watching the game on the tellybox, was that there were two very average Championship teams with little by way of class. The league is all about a couple of wins an a couple of draws to stay up. This distraction.....well I will think twice about going to the replay at that price - should be bloody free to ST holders! Having said that they worked hard and have a better eye on a win at home. A win and a Utd/City draw will result in slaughter.

Filing this from my new posh phone after a freezing day in sarf London. Cold Blow Lane is aptly named.

Well, I don't know whether to be depressed or encouraged after that performance.

Conditions were tough with a bumpy pitch and strong, cold wind but we were truly awful first half and I cannot remember us string 2 passes together.

We improved alot in the second half and Dunn certainly made a difference. Whether he can sustain it over 90 minutes now though is debatable.

Overall, we have to be satisfied. We stood up to a tough Milllwall team and deserved a replay. Henley and Dann were overall very good, Bentley is improving and has that touch of class and Best worked hard. King was poor, Lowe is better at right back and although I'm a fan of his Pedersen had one of his more forgettable games.

We have a great chance to reach the semis and Appleton has to show more attacking intent in the replay.

Ha ha, ridiculous statement. The guy gives it away every single time he attempts to pass and must say him wanting the ball is a new one on me. Shirker doesn't begin to cover it.

If he had missed 9 out of 10 passes it would still have been better than what we saw in the first half. This is about player types, not individuals.

Utter garbage.

Why do we want to go any further only to suffer semi-final humiliation ?

No midfield, either central or wide.

Some players simply not fit enough to play IMO, eg King, Best and why are we suffering so many hamstring injurys, especially to young players ? Something not quite right with our training, treatment and rehab..

We will be on our knees for the Dingles.

This is a false and unwanted distraction - utter madness.

Idiotic post. The FA Cup is more important than maintaining some obscure record against a pub team.

Archived