BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

I think we deserve a trip to wembley, based on the FA cup fixtures we've had this year. to beat Bristol City(h), Derby (A), Arsenal(a) and get a replay against Millwall (a) is a fantastic achievement given the state of the club. To do it without conceding a goal is something we should all be proud of. Credit where it's due. Hopefully we'll beat Millwall and enjoy a cracking day out at Wembley...and win...and then enjoy another day out at Wembley...and win...then do a tour of Europe and win the Europa cup next year. :rover:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very impressed with Dunn when he came on, he was the only one who looked like he could find a rovers player with his passes, and put some balls out to the wingers.

With Bentley and king on the wings and best / Rhodes in the middle we were crying out for crosses to be put in. I can remember one cross I'm Bentley that caused havoc and Rhodes nearly scored. Why can't we learn to get the ball down and pass it wide?

18 quid is mighty cheap given the importance of the game imo. I warned that cheap ST's would devalue the product when JW brought them in and I appear to have been proven correct. Should we progress to the semi I dread to think what the reaction will be to the cost of travelling to Wembley and back.

Just as an aside Simon what do you think they should be priced at? Rem BRFC is a business that desperately needs to make some money.

£10/£5.

I wouldn't even have to think twice about it. Get as many in as poss.

I realise however that if we had to agree price with the opposition our hands may have been tied. It's in their interests for the ground to be as empty as possible as a result of them pushing for higher ticket prices.

What's the point of us getting to the final? We'll get absolutely annihilated.

To quote a football cliché: "The form book goes out the window". We've got this far on merit, what's to stop us going any further? We managed to beat Arsenal, didn't we? Birmingham managed to win the Carling Cup during a relegation battle, didn't they? Even if we did get hammered, the fans deserve a day in the sun for all they've endured for the past two years.

So should we just not bother in case we get battered? I'm sure the Bradford fans would have rather they just dropped out. Some fans genuinely confuse me, not just you I've seen the same sentiment echoed elsewhere your's was just the first comment I found on it.

I'd sooner take a final at Wembley and get turned over than unluckily losing the semi on penalties.

If only we had some players who feel the same way.

I was at the match today and I think that's an insult to an injury-ravaged squad that put a bloody good shift in difficult weather against hard opponents.

• Backroom

I was at the match today and I think that's an insult to an injury-ravaged squad that put a bloody good shift in difficult weather against hard opponents.

Altho I didn't go myself, I was expecting a loss by at least 2 goals. As it looked on't telly, I fully agree with what you said. I would argue that the replay could be what we need:

We face a team at home who we just drew with (away on a @#/? pitch with dodgy weather). We should be looking for a win. Not to mention it'll be an extra few grand (hopefully) in our coffers. A win and a day at Wembley? Oh aye, I'll have some of that!

Idiotic post. The FA Cup is more important than maintaining some obscure record against a pub team.

I wouldn't characterize the post as idiotic but I certainly share your opinion as to which is the more important match. One home game away from Wembley. :)

On a hideous pitch with an east wind howling, away from home, half the team hardly having played all season, come on, That is a damn fine result. Performance awful, but what the hell. We are still in the cup.

The squad fought and didn't roll over. At least the spirit was willing which is a big improvement over some more recent matches. We've plenty of room to improve but I think MA is taking the right tack.

We can't win if we don't show up to play. And if we're on the pitch, there is always a chance if we don't turn into a bunch of surrender monkeys.

Thought the players gave 100% commitment today but some were well off the pace due to lack of match fitness whereas others are low on quality.

Dann, Hanley, Kean were brilliant. Dunn was really good when he came on. Good that Best and King got.some football under their belt.

Midfield lacks so much class it's unreal. Decent result, excellent defensive play, woeful going forward. Need to add more quality to that midfield in the summer.

App is building from the back which is what both allardyce and hughes did. it's the correct approach to take even if the football is painful to watch. We'll see more midfield quality added in the summer and be a better attacking force.

Imagine the replay will be on ESPN.

+1

That was 1 of the worst games I have ever seen, hey but we do have a decent chance of getting to the final. Wish the semi was at OT rather than Wemberley as I can't see there being more then 40,000 there. Who cares anyway, it's the results that count and us that do go will enjoy it.

Andy Cryer has just tweeted

"The replay is wednesday at ewood. Cracking home crowd at millwall - can ewood replicate?".

Can we??

Sad to say there are too many living in the past two years (don't go there!) but surely this is a chance to get to wembley and, support wise, meet fans that will not out number nor out sing our support?

Does your whole existence revolve aroung being seen to be right? Lowering S/T's just meant getting more people in the ground. Which 'product' did it devalue? It's a football match, not an item on a supermarket shelf.

can you 'share' a statement? Or is at sentiment than can be shared? I only ask because you seem to call a lot of people stupid on these boards.

Dunno why I'm answering this cos you are obviously spoiling for a fight but subsidising st prices with Premier League income is fine just so long as a club remains in the Premier League. Relegation and the drying up of the parachute payments will necessitate virtually doubling the current price of ST's. Given the feelings of the supporters and the dramatic fall off in ST sales and attendances already witnessed since relegation this is a scenario which could easily threaten the club's existence. Only somebody really stupid could fail to see that.

• Backroom

Andy Cryer has just tweeted

"The replay is wednesday at ewood. Cracking home crowd at millwall - can ewood replicate?".

Can we??

Sad to say there are too many living in the past two years (don't go there!) but surely this is a chance to get to wembley and, support wise, meet fans that will not out number nor out sing our support?

Why do you say "living in the past two years" as if we're over that? We're sliding down the league with a rookie manager, an abysmal squad and last time I checked we're still owned by the punatics.

Couldn't blame anybody who didn't want to go out in what is likely to be freezing cold to watch the utter borefest that this match is bound to be. I hope we do get a decent-sized support for this match, but it's about time Appleton and the players gave the fans a reason to come. A goal or two would be a good start.

Well let's forfeit the game against Wigan if we go through then eh? I've seen some nonsense posted on here but that just about takes the biscuit. Just read back what you wrote.

Why do you say "living in the past two years" as if we're over that? We're sliding down the league with a rookie manager, an abysmal squad and last time I checked we're still owned by the punatics.

Couldn't blame anybody who didn't want to go out in what is likely to be freezing cold to watch the utter borefest that this match is bound to be. I hope we do get a decent-sized support for this match, but it's about time Appleton and the players gave the fans a reason to come. A goal or two would be a good start.

Like I said, don't go there. This is a big chance for us to win a wembley seat not against Manu who could fill wembley on their own but against the same size of support we may have. I fully agree about the slid but this is the cup and if we could get 20,000 in on wednesday then March 2013 may not be a bad month.

• Backroom

It'll be a bad month regardless of whether we win this match, but the prospect of a Wembley semi-final would make the season overall slightly more bearable. It will otherwise have been an abject failure on almost every level.

Why should it be a "borefest" ? (whatever that is).

Today's match didn't have a great deal of incident or quality play but I really enjoyed it - a good atmosphere, both teams battling it out and a classic cup-tie in many ways.

I don't see why Wednesday shouldn't be the same and if you got off your arse and came over from Ipswich instead of watching on TV you might enjoy it too.

£10/£5.

I wouldn't even have to think twice about it. Get as many in as poss.

I realise however that if we had to agree price with the opposition our hands may have been tied. It's in their interests for the ground to be as empty as possible as a result of them pushing for higher ticket prices.

I think we have reached a "reverse saturation point" this season.

Reducing it to £10 won't get many more supporters than at £18.

The good news that Orr may have cracked a rib today.

Yeh - excellent news - when Henley looks like he has pulled a hamstring, and Lowe is our only fit centre midfield player. Orr may be many things - but he still a half decent right back at this level - and with all the other injuries we really needed him to be fit.

Yeh - excellent news - when Henley looks like he has pulled a hamstring, and Lowe is our only fit centre midfield player. Orr may be many things - but he still a half decent right back at this level - and with all the other injuries we really needed him to be fit.

Dead right. Orr was injured in a full blooded 50/50 with man mountain Shittu and Orr actually won the ball. Not many players do that.

Archived