BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Our points per game average under GB would have us promoted over the course of a whole season. Without him having the benefit of a preseason, or signing players. Now I' not saying that points average would have lasted over 46 games, but it's enough to earn him consideration for the job.

Akd for whoever it was that likened GB to Kean: Kean took over in far better circumstances. Certainly.wasn't a club in free fall like now.

I still dont know if I'd be happy with GB (Id back him 100% either way though), but in his favour is at least that unlike all other potential candidates we at least know for sure hes someone the players responds to.

As always, it all depends on whos out there and interested in the job. Schuster shouod get at least an interview asap if his interest is real.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that we don't want to lose Bowyer. He is one of the few who remembers the good times. If he's hired permanently we all know it's not permanent. If we then lose him we'd be even worse off than we are now with nobody with the club at heart who could step in. For that reason if for no other (after all could we really get anyone better suited and more capable) I'd hate to see him get the job. I want him here in some capacity for next time venkys screw up

• Backroom

That's actually not a bad point gumboots. I wouldn't want Bowyer to be treated the same way Berg and Appleton were.

On the other hand, there's only so much a reserve team manager can do. Eventually Venky's will have screwed up so much that he won't be able to salvage anything.

• Backroom

If they are serious about getting Rovers back into the Premier League they are going to have to give up some of that control.

And do you think they have the common sense to realise that? They're paying Shebby fecking Singh £400K a year to swan around acting like a @#/?. I don't think they're serious about much at all.

On the whole, GB has been terrific. We must remember he has inherited other people's players, and (Watford apart) got good results when it was needed. He has previously said he didn't want the job full time. As is always the case if the Loons are going to fund another magnificent punt on getting us back to the PL, will GB be able to attract the players we need. We also have to factor in the SS effect. Will he pull GB's strings?

The only statement of sensible, reasoned intent is to retain a seasoned well known manager who has complete independence.......and then I woke up!

Win percentages this season:

Gary Bowyer - 54.55%

Steve Kean - 50.00%

Eric Black - 33.33%

Michael Appleton - 26.67%

Henning Berg - 10.00%

Kean should be judged over the full period of his disastrous reign.

The problem is that we don't want to lose Bowyer. He is one of the few who remembers the good times. If he's hired permanently we all know it's not permanent. If we then lose him we'd be even worse off than we are now with nobody with the club at heart who could step in. For that reason if for no other (after all could we really get anyone better suited and more capable) I'd hate to see him get the job. I want him here in some capacity for next time venkys screw up

This is pretty much how I feel.

Gary is a great guy to have behind the scenes but I just don't see him as permanent manager.

Yes, the stats look good but it's still different when in a caretaker capacity than over the long term, ( lots of other things come into the equation ).

Getting the hierachy sorted has to come before any managerial appointment or it won't matter who we get.

More competition for Bowyer: Jesualdo Ferreira.

According to the newspaper "A Bola", Jesualdo Ferreira is on the short list of possible managers for next year.

He is currently manager of Sporting Lisbon and he is doing well, rebuilding a team with many youngsters after several players left in January.

However, his future is uncertain since the club has a new president that might already have a new manager for next season.

Anyway, I think he is a good manager but lacks experience in England and is too old to go abroad.

The article in Portuguese:

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=397724

Jesualdo Ferreira's profile:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jesualdo-ferreira/aufeinenblick/trainer_1572.html

And before most of you start panicking, relax. It is probably a fake news...

More competition for Bowyer: Jesualdo Ferreira.

According to the newspaper "A Bola", Jesualdo Ferreira is on the short list of possible managers for next year.

He is currently manager of Sporting Lisbon and he is doing well, rebuilding a team with many youngsters after several players left in January.

However, his future is uncertain since the club has a new president that might already have a new manager for next season.

Anyway, I think he is a good manager but lacks experience in England and is too old to go abroad.

The article in Portuguese:

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=397724

Jesualdo Ferreira's profile:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jesualdo-ferreira/aufeinenblick/trainer_1572.html

And before most of you start panicking, relax. It is probably a fake news...

Sounds like a Shebby idea to me. Seems to have an obsession with all things Portugese. Looks like he's a decent manager though.

Sounds like a Shebby idea to me. Seems to have an obsession with all things Portugese. Looks like he's a decent manager though.

Probably. I still think it is only paper talk.

Jesualdo Ferreira is good but not what I would want for Rovers. I wouldn't want Schuster either.

Sadly he's not the man for the job, has already fallen under the venky spell and will offer nothing after 10 games next season.

Is this actually based on anything? You seem to have a remarkable lack of faith in Bowyer given you were prepared to back Berg to the hilt.

His results haven't changed a bit since "falling under the venky spell" (whenever that happened and whatever it involved) so it must be a pretty harmless version of the spell.

And after 10 games...so you think Bowyer will be a good manager for his first 23 matches as a manager, and then will suddenly turn rubbish? I assume you've invented this strange managerial phenomenon, does it have a name?

Yes. It's called "We need an experienced Championship manager who has done it before"

Punts on Rookies are not what we need

I need a decent car but if my company gave me a Reliant Robin and a Skoda Estelle to drive around in, then a few months later offered me a Ford Fiesta, I'd snap their hand off.

Its either take Bowyer or play russian roulette with most clueless pundit in world football. Who, along with the Preston rejects, have so far been behind the utterly disgraceful appointments that were Berg and Appleton. Personally I'm happy to punt away with Bowyer, at least he looks like a decent rookie.

But regarding my reply to GAV, I was more highlighting this 10 game effect. If you include this season then by that point Bowyer will have been in charge for about half a season's matches. A strange cut off point for a rookie to suddenly turn rubbish.

Yes. It's called "We need an experienced Championship manager who has done it before"

Punts on Rookies are not what we need

You dont sound very ambitous with championship manager just doesnt inspire.

Is this actually based on anything? You seem to have a remarkable lack of faith in Bowyer given you were prepared to back Berg to the hilt.

His results haven't changed a bit since "falling under the venky spell" (whenever that happened and whatever it involved) so it must be a pretty harmless version of the spell.

And after 10 games...so you think Bowyer will be a good manager for his first 23 matches as a manager, and then will suddenly turn rubbish? I assume you've invented this strange managerial phenomenon, does it have a name?

I think Bowyer is deserving of the job. Players seem to like him. He has got results - which is what counts. Give him a go and if it does not work out - don't sack, but put him back where he was.

He's definitely earned the job(if he 100% wants it and isn't just being pressured into it), I'm not having any of this "its his to lose" Rubbish from Shyster Singh, They either back him 100% and give him the job with a fulltime managers contract&salary or they don't and find somebody better to come in(good luck with that!)

It's all relative chaddy.

Hughes or Bowyer? Hughes

Bowyer or Taylor? Bowyer

If Bowyer is in charge next season, it's cos we can't afford/attract better.

Should we really be splashing out on a very good, expensive high profile manager whilst in this league, many teams in recent years have shown you only need a good manager to get out of this league(and so far Bowyers record alone says he's at least that).

Archived