BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Backroom

Not exactly spoilt for choice but he's possibly picked the weakest left hand side possible tonight

Looks like he will need to keep up his good home record or we go down

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly spoilt for choice but he's possibly picked the weakest left hand side possible tonight

Looks like he will need to keep up his good home record or we go down

Out his depth

We looked dead and buried and he's taken this sorry rabble of useless @#/? to 3 wins out of the last 4.

How can he not get the job full time? Without him we'd be in League One next year.

• Backroom

Sounds like he made a couple of good subs

My issue with him as full time manager is he is still learning and making mistakes, can we afford to take the risk on him? Is there a better alternative who would work with Shebby and the owners?

If we stay up then there should be no rush to make a decision but I imagine its all signed and sealed anyway

• Backroom

I'd have him get a huge cash bonus and whatever position he deems suitable with the possible exception of the main one if we can bring in an ideal candidate

It goes back to what I said previously though, is there an alternative?

• Backroom

IMO Tom, if the current structure of the club remains the same, Bowyer is the best hope we have. It's quite pathetic in a lot of ways that our Reserve Team manager is the best we can realistically aim for, but that's what we're reduced to under Venky's.

Should they leave then hopefully other candidates will become more realistic possibilities.

Tom, all depends on what Mrs D and Balaji decided to do.

I think Gary Bowyer will get the job permanent in the summer. just hope he gets to do it his way tho

I'm not convinced he knows what 'his way' would be, considering he's not an actual football manager.

We'd be in danger of appointing another trainee manager, after the disasters of Kean et al.

But that's a conversation for another day, let's congratulate him on guiding us to 3 wins in 4 matches.

Guest Norbert

Ideally, I'd like to keep him on as our next Tony Parkes type. Maybe we'll have a good manager for more than 3 weeks next summer. Sometimes miracles do happen.

Bowyer's worked miracles really but in 2 short stints. Irrespective, the club is deeply indebted to him.

He's not the permanent solution though IMO but I guess nobody of note would even contemplate the position unless yet another ludicrous financial package was on offer.

Surely the dross behind the scenes need to be cleared out first and foremost, replaced by experienced, trustworthy, suitably qualified individuals.

Perhaps this ought to be preceded by a direct statement of intent by the current owners (not via a deluded lunatic) of their intentions and at last condescend to communicate. Are they committed? Or willing to sell?

Once all this has been established, we may be considered a credible option for a decent manager but not until.

Sparky, Mark Bowen and crew would do for me.

Archived