BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had rubbish tactics and signed a lot of useless players. Not sure you can blame Shebby for that!

Shebby was the one who got rid because Appleton would have nothing to do with him. One suspects that he was just waiting for a poor series of results to be able to persuade the owners to make a change. Could you image Shebby and a manager like Big Sam working together? I suspect that Shebby is looking to act as the Director of Football - heaven help us!

So den, which manager do you think will come here and work under Shebby and take instructions from him? It's not defeatism it is the world in which the Rovers now find themselves. A global advisor who is an absolute joke is pulling the strings and will continue buying the players until he is removed.

Jumping to a lot of conclusions there Parson. No matter what the conditions are - there's always someone willing to give it a go. Let's wait and see, but I'm not yet at the stage of giving the job to Bowyer for no other reason other than I don't think anyone else would take it. And let's be honest, if Bowyer or anyone else were prepared to work under Singh, I wouldn't want any of them.

Ive read this a few times. When Wenger lost by 7 or 8 at Old Trafford, what did that prove? When Wigan conceded 9 at Spurs what did that say about the manager?

Saturday's result says everything about our yellow bellied players and little about Bowyer to me. Other than Arsenal and perhaps Peterborough they have been a total embarrassment away from home. Oh and Bolton wasn't too bad as we huffed and puffed.

ok get your point only1JW but we've been here before HE IS OUT HIS DEPTH as for Wenger sometimes freak results like that happen doesnt make him a bad manager as for Martinez lol there always at the bottom and this time look like there lucks finally running out + before you mention the FA cup Everton are the only top flight side they've beaten on their way to the final... we all know we need an experienced Manager not a coach !

OK our yellow bellied players on Saturday Givet + the keeper apart didnt even look like they wanted to be on the park FFS seemed not want to pick up a knock what may put a dampener on their summer holidays or worse still put off a future employer at another club...as for Bowyer look at his decisions substitution wise....

Yeah + i left Vicarage road as the 3rd went in I'd seen enougth of that C***

BTW the Huddersfield game apart can anyone think of a game where all 11 players on the field have given 100 percent this season ??? cos I can't

Shebby was the one who got rid because Appleton would have nothing to do with him. One suspects that he was just waiting for a poor series of results to be able to persuade the owners to make a change. Could you image Shebby and a manager like Big Sam working together? I suspect that Shebby is looking to act as the Director of Football - heaven help us!

PB the only way BRFC will ever move forward is when these idiots leave the club....if what you suspect happens he'll have a puppet who will fly off to India with him under him and before you know it we'll hurtling along to league two with loads more Portugese no marks strutting their stuff courtesy of uncle Shebby...or for all we know with the return of Shebby and todays interview that may already be happening in all but name SS DOF

I feel sorry for the travelling fans Athlete. I understand your frustrations.

I was the first to moan about Kean, Berg and Appleton getting the job.

We are what we are for now and Bowyer was the correct choice with so few games left.

maybe Bowyer was the only 1 for the gig till the end of the season who would consider to work for these idiots after the SS interview today the job is even less appealing to any prospective self respecting manager out there ( who would work for these clowns )......got a few days off work so was going to go back down to London 2moro but after Singhs interview today and Saturdays performance that as made my mind up to do some jobs around the house , save my money and watch the barca/Bayern game on TV....

The Circus continues

lets not forget Bowyer has had to work with players we got.

the only signing he signed with Todd Kane 1st time around who has turned out to be very good player.

the Watford game loss when just a poor second half performance after 1st goal when in. the Players need to take responsible for their performance on Saturday.

cant see any decent manager coming to rovers in the summer. do people really want Steve McClaren or Sven??? or stick with Bowyer next season?

Jumping to a lot of conclusions there Parson. No matter what the conditions are - there's always someone willing to give it a go. Let's wait and see, but I'm not yet at the stage of giving the job to Bowyer for no other reason other than I don't think anyone else would take it. And let's be honest, if Bowyer or anyone else were prepared to work under Singh, I wouldn't want any of them.

den, if you've ever spoken to Shebby you will know what he wants. Shebby sees himself as being hands on with regard to the football side of things. The lads from Portugal were all Shebby inspired signings. Personally, I'd have appointed Mick McCarthy when Kean left but I really can't see anyone of that standard wanting to work for Venkys. I hope you are right and I'm wrong. I would be a lot happier about a new appointment if Shebby was not involved.

den, if you've ever spoken to Shebby you will know what he wants. Shebby sees himself as being hands on with regard to the football side of things. The lads from Portugal were all Shebby inspired signings. Personally, I'd have appointed Mick McCarthy when Kean left but I really can't see anyone of that standard wanting to work for Venkys. I hope you are right and I'm wrong. I would be a lot happier about a new appointment if Shebby was not involved.

that is a major problem as Shebby wants a puppet so he is DOF in all but name + as i've stated Shabby pockets a wad of even more cash through some more inferior no marks as we hurtle closer to oblivion..cos believe you me if we stay up this time we'll be certainties for the drop next time....

Blimey Parsoon, I was one of the first to come forward with my thoughts on the idiot that is SS. It was obvious from the beginning that the guy should have no place in any professional football club, especially ours. Where we differ is that you seem to be saying we shouldn't be against Bowyer being appointed manager, because no one else would work under Singh. I'm saying that is exactly the reason why he shouldn't be appointed.

(apart from the fact he won't get us out of this league, IMO).

Blimey Parsoon, I was one of the first to come forward with my thoughts on the idiot that is SS. It was obvious from the beginning that the guy should have no place in any professional football club, especially ours. Where we differ is that you seem to be saying we shouldn't be against Bowyer being appointed manager, because no one else would work under Singh. I'm saying that is exactly the reason why he shouldn't be appointed.

(apart from the fact he won't get us out of this league, IMO).

I don't think we differ that much den. If we can get an experienced manager then we should but it we can't then I'd rather have Bowyer than, say, Judan Ali. As for getting out of this League I suspect the only way we will is if we drop into League One. I believe we will survive this season but if this madness continues next year then I think we will be certainties to take the drop. The unknown factor is if Venkys are going to invest more money into the club or not. Rumours would seem to suggest that money is becoming tight and we have an overpaid and underperforming squad to alter in the summer. With season ticket sales likely to take another massive hit and commercial activies unlikely to improve the financial outlook is pretty grim. I think any prospective manager is going to take an awful lot of convincing that he will have a free hand and the finances to do what needs to be done.

Yes, I agree with all of that Parson. What we need is another Michael Appleton, but with a track record. I don't want anyone coming in to work with Singh, or some agents provisions. That's the way to oblivion.

Yes, I agree with all of that Parson. What we need is another Michael Appleton, but with a track record. I don't want anyone coming in to work with Singh, or some agents provisions. That's the way to oblivion.

So not a Michael Appleton, then? ;)

• Backroom

You're right den, however your opinion rests on Venky's and Singh not being here. As long as they're here, any manager who comes in will have to work under Singh or somebody equally ridiculous. Failure to do so will either mean they don't get hired at all or are axed due to boardroom politics. There's no reason to believe otherwise. In this case, IMO, Bowyer is the best option as he already knows the club inside out and at the very least seems to have the respect of the players (not that it seems to matter much).

Should Venky's leave in the summer, then an experienced manager is certainly the way forward should we be able to attract one.

You're right den, however your opinion rests on Venky's and Singh not being here. As long as they're here, any manager who comes in will have to work under Singh or somebody equally ridiculous. Failure to do so will either mean they don't get hired at all or are axed due to boardroom politics. There's no reason to believe otherwise. In this case, IMO, Bowyer is the best option as he already knows the club inside out and at the very least seems to have the respect of the players (not that it seems to matter much).

Should Venky's leave in the summer, then an experienced manager is certainly the way forward should we be able to attract one.

It doesn't rest on Venky's leaving, but it does rest on them being persuaded that the manager needs to be allowed to be his own man. Now that's completely different to accepting someone who you don't want as manager, simply because someone tells you there's no alternative. I personally will never accept the club going down the wrong route D.E. Others can if they like, but I won't.

It doesn't rest on Venky's leaving, but it does rest on them being persuaded that the manager needs to be allowed to be his own man. Now that's completely different to accepting someone who you don't want as manager, simply because someone tells you there's no alternative. I personally will never accept the club going down the wrong route D.E. Others can if they like, but I won't.

How do you know Bowyer is a bad manager? You don't, and his results don't suggest he is. In which case the 2 arguments are exactly the same, its just measuring one risk against another. Well, either that or its measuring one risk against 2.

On the one hand you've got the risk that Bowyer will turn out to be not fit for the job.

On the other hand you've got the risk that nobody better will want to come to Rovers AND the risk that even if someone better does, Singh won't hire them because they're too independently minded.

How do you know Bowyer is a bad manager? You don't, and his results don't suggest he is. In which case the 2 arguments are exactly the same, its just measuring one risk against another. Well, either that or its measuring one risk against 2.

On the one hand you've got the risk that Bowyer will turn out to be not fit for the job.

On the other hand you've got the risk that nobody better will want to come to Rovers AND the risk that even if someone better does, Singh won't hire them because they're too independently minded.

? What's all that about?

We're not talking about whether Bowyer will make a good manager or not. It's being suggested that Singh will demand control over transfers - and because no one else would come in under those circumstances, Bowyer should be backed by the fans.

Well everyone else can go along with that, but I won't. I won't back any manager who's happy to work under those circumstances. Jeez, we would be back to the Steve Kean situation.

? What's all that about?

We're not talking about whether Bowyer will make a good manager or not. It's being suggested that Singh will demand control over transfers - and because no one else would come in under those circumstances, Bowyer should be backed by the fans.

Well everyone else can go along with that, but I won't. I won't back any manager who's happy to work under those circumstances. Jeez, we would be back to the Steve Kean situation.

Exactly.

? What's all that about?

Spot on. Totally agree.

Problem is I see Parson's point. I cannot see anyone better than Bowyer working in such a situation. I cannot see Venkeys ever making a decent appointment.

The dilemma is do we stick with Bowyer as he's the best we'll ever get (not that I think he's that good, although a good bloke imo) even though it's still a wrong choice? I'd say no as long term the damage could be insurmountable. Imagine a team made up of the Portuguese lot and has-beens like Murphy - we'd get murdered.

Personally think we need to make Shebby and Venkeys as unwelcome as possible. Venkeys are poison but my word, Shebby doesn't half speed up the damage process.

It's not fair! We deserve a decent manager (sorry GB) yeah you might have the best interests at heart but you're just a puppet.

We're realistically not gonna get a strong manager, because if he wanted to change things.. he couldn't and that's why sticking with what we have is more suitable for THEM!

I'm afraid...It is what it is

? What's all that about?

I don't see how your argument works against Bowyer though. Either Bowyer's a puppet and his replacement will be, or neither are. So its Bowyer vs whoever Venkys and Singh decide to pick either way. Going off past history, Venkys and Singh will pick a talentless nomark, and mostly talentless nomarks will apply anyway.

• Backroom

I think we both know Venky's will never allow anybody who is "their own man" take charge... for various reasons.

As long as Venky's are here the club will always be going down the wrong route IMO, nobody should accept it, but until they're gone there is no point hoping for anybody better than Bowyer. At least the guy has a connection with the club and was here pre-Venky's. It isn't much, but there's a lot worse out there and should Bowyer not get the job I guarantee Venky's will find it.

I don't see how your argument works against Bowyer though. Either Bowyer's a puppet and his replacement will be, or neither are. So its Bowyer vs whoever Venkys and Singh decide to pick either way. Going off past history, Venkys and Singh will pick a talentless nomark, and mostly talentless nomarks will apply anyway.

so what is bowyer? a footballing genious?

Archived