BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe anyone can be at all shocked or surprised about Bowyer getting the job. You don't take a caretaker manager thousands of miles days before a crucial match to indeed confirm that he is going to continue as caretaker manager.Steve Kean did the exact same trip during his caretaker reign. He came back and said exactly the same thing Bowyer has. Blah blah blah players needed some clarification blah blah blah. I am beyond caring anymore. What really does annoy me is the cloak and dagger way it seems to have been done again. Because today, even before any announcement we are hearing rumours of Bowyers involvment in murky goings on. So what will ensue will be a few more weeks of silence and eventually Bowyer will be appointed. The silence will enrage some of the fan base, Bowyers appointment will underwhelm and then the talk of him being part of the very fabric of evil coursing through the Ewood corridors will surface. And the result? He'll be buggered before he even starts the job.

Honestly, there is not a single thing i can think of in which Venky's, Singh and Shagnew can possibly do to turn this mess around. It is so twisted, disfigured and mangled that i fear even new owners would be riddled with speculation the minute they walk through the door. The rumours would soon appear that whoever they may be are corrupt or a front for someone else or the new puppet whose strings are still being pulled by Anderson et al.

I used to hear it said that for every cigarette you smoke it takes 5 minutes off your life. Well i'd wager that for every day Venky's remain at the club we'll be another month away from getting back on an even keel.

• Moderation Lead

I can't believe anyone can be at all shocked or surprised about Bowyer getting the job. You don't take a caretaker manager thousands of miles days before a crucial match to indeed confirm that he is going to continue as caretaker manager.Steve Kean did the exact same trip during his caretaker reign. He came back and said exactly the same thing Bowyer has. Blah blah blah players needed some clarification blah blah blah. I am beyond caring anymore. What really does annoy me is the cloak and dagger way it seems to have been done again. Because today, even before any announcement we are hearing rumours of Bowyers involvment in murky goings on. So what will ensue will be a few more weeks of silence and eventually Bowyer will be appointed. The silence will enrage some of the fan base, Bowyers appointment will underwhelm and then the talk of him being part of the very fabric of evil coursing through the Ewood corridors will surface. And the result? He'll be buggered before he even starts the job.

Honestly, there is not a single thing i can think of in which Venky's, Singh and Shagnew can possibly do to turn this mess around. It is so twisted, disfigured and mangled that i fear even new owners would be riddled with speculation the minute they walk through the door. The rumours would soon appear that whoever they may be are corrupt or a front for someone else or the new puppet whose strings are still being pulled by Anderson et al.

I used to hear it said that for every cigarette you smoke it takes 5 minutes off your life. Well i'd wager that for every day Venky's remain at the club we'll be another month away from getting back on an even keel.

Brilliant post.

Pretty much illustrates perfectly just how much a change of ownership is required.

If that is the case then relegation is a certainty.

On what basis? We've won two out our last three under Bowyer, with him having taken on a team deep in trouble and with next to no form whatsoever.

Seeing Peter Taylor and Tim Sherwood sat together yesterday is almost as worrying.

Agreed x 2

I've no doubt that Bowyer will get the job regardless of what division we are in next season. Just sums up everything that is wrong with the club. All it seems to take to get the managers job or any kind of job with rovers is a flight out to India and saying the right things to the owners.

Bowyer has done an incredible job for us this season but is he really the man to take us forward? I'm not convinced. He'll get the job and be sacked by christmas and the process will start again.

• Backroom

On what basis? We've won two out our last three under Bowyer, with him having taken on a team deep in trouble and with next to no form whatsoever.

True but we have also lost 3 from 6 and aren't any further from the drop zone than when he took over I don't think

I definitely agree with you though relegation is by no means a certainty merely a possibility still and if we keep up our average of a point a game under Bowyer this stint it should just be enough

If Rovers get relegated then Venkys along with the agents will have trashed Gary Bowyers career, taking him from a successful development manager of a premier league club that had reaped £30m plus over the last six years in player talent to a relegated championship manager working in league one.

League one manager with no chance of winning it or development manager for a stable premier league club which would you prefer to be?

Oh, and lets not forget that with it comes a drop in pay.

True but we have also lost 3 from 6 and aren't any further from the drop zone than when he took over I don't think

I definitely agree with you though relegation is by no means a certainty merely a possibility still and if we keep up our average of a point a game under Bowyer this stint it should just be enough

I disagree with that. Think he has done an amazing job in his second stint so far. 7 points from 6 games, two home wins in a row, injuries/suspensions to key players, and tough away games against two teams in the top 3. We didn't look like we'd win another game before he came in.

• Backroom

Bowyer has done a good job, but I'm a little surprised he's willing to take the job on full-time - especially as he was so against it in January. Can't help but wonder what's changed.

I've no doubt that Bowyer will get the job regardless of what division we are in next season. Just sums up everything that is wrong with the club. All it seems to take to get the managers job or any kind of job with rovers is a flight out to India and saying the right things to the owners.

Bowyer has done an incredible job for us this season but is he really the man to take us forward? I'm not convinced. He'll get the job and be sacked by christmas and the process will start again.

you can a whoever the manager is, the same problems are still here.

A squad which wage wise is on far too much. hope this is address in the summer. players like Etuhu, Robinson and Murphy.

And I hope we start to use our very talent young players like Ryan Edwards, Hugo Fernandez and Anton Forrester.

A very big summer ahead for the club.

Guest Norbert

If there is a plan for DoF/Head coach figure, then it might work out for Bowyer and Rovers if we had a good D of F with contacts, experience and knew when to give advice or when to step back. However, the de facto D of F who'll go for the players will be Shebby, so it'll be a mad structure.

Bowyer has done a good job, but I'm a little surprised he's willing to take the job on full-time - especially as he was so against it in January.

was he tho??? his comments when he took over this time told a different story. I think he want the job but wont go public about it. dont blame him tbh.

If there is a plan for DoF/Head coach figure, then it might work out for Bowyer and Rovers if we had a good D of F with contacts, experience and knew when to give advice or when to step back. However, the de facto D of F who'll go for the players will be Shebby, so it'll be a mad structure.

do Shebby and Bowyer get on??? Shebby seems to be a fan of him judging by his comments today.

2 of the 3 we lost were away games to teams in the top 3. With what Bowyer had to work with, he's done well.

By no means is he my first choice, but a whole season with one manager should be enough to stay up with our squad, almost regardless of the identity of the manager.

Bowyer would have taken the job in january and would take it at the end of the season. No chance he would ever turn it down. We'd have been better off sticking with him last time tbh. We wouldn't be in a relegation fight if we had.

My view on Bowyer is that he'd be a steady pair of hands on a full time basis but wouldn't get us promoted. I think we'd be a bit like Derby; strong at home, poor away, never really in relegation danger but never really pushing for the promotion either. Is that good enough for a club like Blackburn Rovers?

Guest Norbert

That is an interesting point Chaddy. Perhaps since Bowyer is an interim manager, Shebby is bigging him up in order to try to get in an influencial position within the club.

2 of the 3 we lost were away games to teams in the top 3. With what Bowyer had to work with, he's done well.

By no means is he my first choice, but a whole season with one manager should be enough to stay up with our squad, almost regardless of the identity of the manager.

He's done incredibly well. I've been more impressed with him second time round than first even though he hasn't amassed as many points. Far more difficult situation this time around yet he managed to get back to back home wins.

some good points made on the today's Brfcs podcast that Rovers are really going to struggle to attract a very good manager to the club because of the club Reputation within the footballing world.

I would rather have Bowyer as manager than Sven or Megson or Taylor.

you can a whoever the manager is, the same problems are still here.

A squad which wage wise is on far too much. hope this is address in the summer. players like Etuhu, Robinson and Murphy.

And I hope we start to use our very talent young players like Ryan Edwards, Hugo Fernandez and Anton Forrester.

A very big summer ahead for the club.

Agree with your comments 100% but problem is Shebby and of course Venky's! Anyone ever heard this guy on television in the far east? I have, in Hong kong and the crap that comes out is just unreal, "believe me". Venky's obviously know sweet FA about this industry and have been taken in by an agent who cannot be named and then compounded that with this idiot. Both want to relieve them of their money.

Don't be surprised by 10 signings in the summer from Norway, an untapped source of fantastic footballers as was Portugal last summer. This will happen, despite survival in this awful division or relegation.

A boody big, big summer, it will determine survival!

Archived